Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
With Guy Fieri
The food looks amazing and all home cooked.

Any places like these in southern MD?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Don’t know about Southern Maryland, but I stopped at Mastoris in New Jersey a few times in my travels.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Don’t know about Southern Maryland, but I stopped at Mastoris in New Jersey a few times in my travels.
On the website you can search states.
MD only shows places in Baltimore and Annapolis.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
You have to remember that the rural pioneers who've moved down here don't trust local places. They'd much rather have Applebee's, TGIFridays, et al for their dining choices.

I related here how a new resident asked me for seafood recommendations in the area. I mentioned Skipper's Pier, Pirate's Cove Jerry's, Stoney's plus a couple more. They didn't like those choices. They wanted Red Lobster.

rio

On the website you can search states.
MD only shows places in Baltimore and Annapolis.
I know one he did was the Double T Diner that has a location in Baltimore and Annapolis. My in-laws are frequent visitors to the one in Annapolis. I've been with them 3 or 4 times and got the sh!ts after each and I thought the food was not all that great going in or out! Obviously there are a lot of people with a different experince.

Grumpy

I know that DDD wanted to do a show at Neptunes in North Beach years ago but the owner said no way, he didn't want to deal with the after-effects. Hell, he doesn't even like dealing with the weekend come-downers in the summer. I believe a few places in Annapolis/Eastport turned DDD down for the same reason.

SamSpade

You have to remember that the rural pioneers who've moved down here don't trust local places. They'd much rather have Applebee's, TGIFridays, et al for their dining choices.

I related here how a new resident asked me for seafood recommendations in the area. I mentioned Skipper's Pier, Pirate's Cove Jerry's, Stoney's plus a couple more. They didn't like those choices. They wanted Red Lobster.
I don’t think I would ever CHOOSE Red Lobster first although their cheesy garlic biscuits are awesome.

On the other hand, I don’t know of a LOT of local restaurants that do NOT specialize in seafood (and not on Solomon’s). Part of the allure of franchises is they’re right down the street.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I know that DDD wanted to do a show at Neptunes in North Beach years ago but the owner said no way, he didn't want to deal with the after-effects. Hell, he doesn't even like dealing with the weekend come-downers in the summer. I believe a few places in Annapolis/Eastport turned DDD down for the same reason.
That's what's funny about both Towns. The residents don't want people to come down for the day but those people are exactly why there are so many restaurants, the slot machines, the hotel, even the beach and pier in North Beach. If it wasn't for out of towners paying $25 a pop to get on it there wouldn't be a beach, the Town's tax base can't support it. We tried that for decades and it didn't work. Now, I would have charged for parking rather than an entry fee, but that was me.

mdff2

He has been to Chap's Pit Beef in Baltimore a few times. One episode he and Duff Goldman were there doing a challenge. He has done a few places in Annapolis also.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I know one he did was the Double T Diner
First date with the wife was at D T Diner in Catonsville, over 20 years ago.
Back in those days I would drive a distance, today no.

Would love to find a local place that has home ingredients cooking, no frozen stuff.

rio

First date with the wife was at D T Diner in Catonsville, over 20 years ago.
Back in those days I would drive a distance, today no.

Would love to find a local place that has home ingredients cooking, no frozen stuff.
I will add to that- home ingredients that aren't trying to change them into something all healthy and froo-froo. Sometimes I just want good old fashioned greasy comfort food from scratch without having to clean up the mess at home.

black dog

Free America
He has been to Chap's Pit Beef in Baltimore a few times. One episode he and Duff Goldman were there doing a challenge. He has done a few places in Annapolis also.
Chic & Ruths was one. We had dinner sat night over on Deep Creek at Donnally's Dockside, My mother got the Shrimp Salad, my son and I both got the two Crab Cake dinner. I will say Money well spent.

black dog

Free America
I know one he did was the Double T Diner that has a location in Baltimore and Annapolis. My in-laws are frequent visitors to the one in Annapolis. I've been with them 3 or 4 times and got the sh!ts after each and I thought the food was not all that great going in or out! Obviously there are a lot of people with a different experince.
My mother loves the Annap Double T, I cant stand it. She eats there about once a week.
Its close, she lives down Riva.

NextJen

Raisin cane
I don’t think I would ever CHOOSE Red Lobster first although their cheesy garlic biscuits are awesome.
For those who don’t know, you can find a box of Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit mix at the store. Easy-peasy to make. All you need extra is shredded cheese.
Have made them a few times. Excellent!
Have even used them when I’ve made biscuits and gravy.

Sometimes I wonder why I’m still single - lol. JK!

golam

PREMO Member
Chic & Ruths was one. We had dinner sat night over on Deep Creek at Donnally's Dockside, My mother got the Shrimp Salad, my son and I both got the two Crab Cake dinner. I will say Money well spent.
Chic & Ruth's was on Man vs. Food, they have burger or sandwich challenge.