Direct Tv...

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
I guess this is as good a place as any to post this...

Does anyone in the nothern Hollywood area have Direct tv?

If so, pro's, con's... Any info is appreciated..

sunman1_67

I have it and really like it. Only con is when it rains really heavy like it has the past two days it periodically goes out.

We're in Mechanicsville/Charlotte Hall area (Huntersville to be exact) and we have it. No complaints other than it goes out in really bad rain/snow storms.

pearlie369

UnStAbLe YeT sAfE
I live off St John's Rd in the woods and I love our DTV. Only downfalls are if it is getting ready to storm or rain really bad then it goes out. If you get the DVR option then you can just choose a different recorded show to watch since it will still work fine, but it normally comes back up once the worst part is over. Oh, and during the massive snow storm I had to pour hot water on the nodes when they froze over once, so I'd try to keep the dish somewhere you can reach if possible. Otherwise I love my DTV, don't have a lot of the issues I was worried about at first.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Just make sure you compare Direct to Dish when it comes to programming costs and channel lineups.

We had Dish Network when we lived off McIntosh Rd and had maybe 5 or 6 outages.:shrug: I do remember that we lost signal during Isabel for about 20 minutes or so.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
How long do your outages usually last? When mine goes out it's only a few minutes.

We're in Mechanicsville/Charlotte Hall area (Huntersville to be exact) and we have it. No complaints other than it goes out in really bad rain/snow storms.

KDENISE977

Just make sure you get the equipment replacement plan, we've used it several times !! Had a mole chew through our outside line near the dish and they replaced it and dug it up for only $1 per foot !!! Other than that we have had 3 boxes replaced...stay away from the DVR !!!!!!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Just make sure you get the equipment replacement plan, we've used it several times !! Had a mole chew through our outside line near the dish and they replaced it and dug it up for only $1 per foot !!! Other than that we have had 3 boxes replaced...stay away from the DVR !!!!!!

I've never had equipment failure with Dish hardware. :knockonwood:

KDENISE977

I've never had equipment failure with Dish hardware. :knockonwood:

I've had 3 boxes replaced and 2 DVR's until they finally came out and took the DVR back, the actual DirecTV employee even stated they were nothing but trouble and they told us to wait till they got a contract to issue TiVo...:shrug:

On the plus side, we haven't lost signal yesterday or today yet !!:buddies:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I've had multiple DVR's through Direct TV for many years (more than 10) and have only ever had 1 DVR that had to be replaced.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Directv HD Box

Ok I upgraded my tv and dish to HD. I watched it last night and this morning I can not get anything. I must have hit a wrong button...So anyone have a clue how to fix it. all the tv says is HDMI can't get any channels or the remote to show the guide etc...Tv was in sync with box but I messed that up too..I hate technical stuff.... So before I sit down and read the owners manual I figured maybe someone can give me a quicker fix...TIA