Direct TV

Lillypad1281

Does anyone else think the recepetion on Direct TV sucks when when get rain/storms - I mean a fly farts in DC and the reception goes out in Leonardtown!

Ponytail

Lillypad1281 said:
Does anyone else think the recepetion on Direct TV sucks when when get rain/storms - I mean a fly farts in DC and the reception goes out in Leonardtown!

DEfinitely check your signal strength. Mine goes out ahead of the storms...good indication to me that a storm is brewing. But mine only goes out in electrical storms or the hardest of rains, and I have HD, which is even more sensative to it. In speaking with Directv installers about this, it was discovered that I have a tree in the distance (150 yards) that is in the line of site of the sat signal, weakening it. So in storms, it's below the threshold of useable signal strength.

It's no big deal to me. As was mentioned, my stuff usually gets unplugged during electrical storms anyway, and if there's no electrical storm, I either put in a movie, or play PS2 and that's on the slight chance that I'm not involved in a project at the house.

I can tell you though, I get more consistant service with my Directv than my neighbors get with their cable. Cable Service around here just sucks.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Signal strength....Mine goes out when there is a BAD storm....It really has to be bad though....

proudof3

I have Direct TV, and I have no problems w/ the storms or rain. I love it. I would never go back to cable. As stated by other, check your signal strength. Go Direct TV.

moon5leg

It's not easy being green
I live down near St. Mary's City, and actually, I've been really impressed by the Directv service over the passed few weeks. We've had some really nasty storms and it's held up well. Of course, when the storms really got crazy, I didn't have my TV on anymore, but for the most part, I give my service a thumbs up.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
DirecTV is excellent. I've had their service since 1995. It's surprising how well the signal holds up until a really bad storm gets in the line of sight.

Fred Hoeck

I have DirecTV, HD, needs a big storm to go out completly. Fox HD goes out more than other channels, don't know if the third LNB added is the problem, or if the trees are growing.
DirecTV installers don't want to climb roof, I had mine installed by AAA SATCOM.
Thinking of using cable, just for internet, but hear many complaints here. Doesn't look like DSL of FIOS are comming here.