Divorce Attorney Recommendation

TruckLuvr

ShyGirl, vraiblonde, ArkRescue, msfreedom and stgislander,

Thanks everyone.

Our is unique because were are still friends and everything has been agreed upon for several months, just need to do the paper work.

Im_Me

ShyGirl, vraiblonde, ArkRescue, msfreedom and stgislander,

Thanks everyone.

Our is unique because were are still friends and everything has been agreed upon for several months, just need to do the paper work.

not so unique. We were the same way. :howdy:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The county does provide free legal services. If you go by the court house, they can tell you where and when.

I've had business there at the same time that they put on one of those "free advice" days. The place was packed and the lines fairly long. Obviously a popular thing. They have people there to provide free advice and assistance on a range of civil legal matters.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

See, that was Larry and me, and so was my first divorce. Heck, my divorces were more amicable than the marriages.

:lol:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
See, that was Larry and me, and so was my first divorce. Heck, my divorces were more amicable than the marriages.

:lol:

People say almost the same things about boats, the second happiest day of their lives are the day they get it, the happiest day of their lives are the day they get rid of it.

Im_Me

Mine was World War Three. I'm pretty sure I helped put one of my attorney's kids through college. :doh:

I'm glad I was unique then! I think I actually lost a boy friend or 2 from being in touch with my ex so often (I didn't originate most of the calls and they were almost always about the kids btw). :lol:

Bonehead

I just don't get

The divorce thing.

I have been married to my best friend since 1982. Obviously the exception vice the rule.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
The divorce thing.

I have been married to my best friend since 1982. Obviously the exception vice the rule.

Same with me.

I adore my husband, and couldn't imagine being without him.

If I had one regret, is that we didn't find each other till later in life. It makes me sad to know that we'll likely never reach our 40 or 50 year anniversary.

Me ----> Bob :love: :smoochy: :kiss:

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Is this for during the legal separation and waiting for you divorce to be final? I would think once you're divorced he has no right to your retirement.

My agreement stated that neither of us would lay claim to each others retirement accounts. Worked fine for us.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Is this for during the legal separation and waiting for you divorce to be final? I would think once you're divorced he has no right to your retirement.

The division or other agreed disposition of all marital property, including retirement accounts, has to be included in the divorce agreement that is part of the final decree. All of that detail is quite often put in to a separation agreement that eventually becomes the divorce agreement after the judge approves it.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I would see a lawyer before doing anything. The only reason is that mine was straight forward at first but things changed when the ex changed his mind on a few things. It made it very challenging to say the least.

stgislander

PREMO Member

In my case, even though we stated in our agreement that we wouldn't lay claim to each other's retirement accounts, the company holding my 401K told me our terms were not sufficient. I didn't discover this until a few years later when I remarried and tried to have my ex removed as a beneficiary. It sounds like there are some federal regulations I've run afoul with. Anyway, a neighbor that works for an attorney recommended a website aids you in generating your own QDRO. Online QDRO Preparation - QdroDesk.com :buddies:

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
In my case, even though we stated in our agreement that we wouldn't lay claim to each other's retirement accounts, the company holding my 401K told me our terms were not sufficient. I didn't discover this until a few years later when I remarried and tried to have my ex removed as a beneficiary. It sounds like there are some federal regulations I've run afoul with. Anyway, a neighbor that works for an attorney recommended a website aids you in generating your own QDRO. Online QDRO Preparation - QdroDesk.com :buddies:

So it was in your divorce agreement, but wasn't good enough?

inkah

Can anyone recommend a divorce attorney in the Calvert area? I don't need a cut throat, everything has been settled and agreed upon, I just need to do the paper work.

Use the Pro Se ("do it yourself") Clinic at the courthouse (the one behind Leonardtown Square). You are actually consulting with a lawyer, not courthouse employees (who can't give any info). You can stop by as many times as you need to. Go early though - the lines are long and you will wait. Every wed morning a lawyer meets with folks on a first come, first serve basis. Call the court to be sure.

Like the rest said - sounds like it should be easy for you.