DNR Police doesn't enforce the law that they admit is illegal.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I've heard of a lot of weird dishes but pigeon was never one of them. Dove, on the other hand is loved by many. I never could justify hunting those as it would take too many to make a meal.
She was Peruvian. We worked at the same job together and she invited me over for lunch one day. I was hungry all afternoon. :lol:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've heard of a lot of weird dishes but pigeon was never one of them. Dove, on the other hand is loved by many. I never could justify hunting those as it would take too many to make a meal.
Mmm...dove. We've experienced a sudden increase in the dove population here on the island over the last couple years. I don't have anything to shoot them with though...my only .410 went up in the house fire and is one of the guns I have not yet replaced. I get my fill of quail (and quail eggs, which I pickle) from my sis who raises a lot of them. Never was a fan of shooting anything much smaller than a goose, mallard duck or pheasant with a 12 ga....

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
In all the right circles, they call it Squab.

State-Dining-Room-Place-Settings-for-State-Dinner.jpg

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
Mmm...dove. We've experienced a sudden increase in the dove population here on the island over the last couple years. I don't have anything to shoot them with though...my only .410 went up in the house fire and is one of the guns I have not yet replaced. I get my fill of quail (and quail eggs, which I pickle) from my sis who raises a lot of them.
I do miss the sound of "bobwhite" that I used to hear when I was younger. I know a few people have tried to release them around the county but they can't seem to get a foothold around here anymore. Those sounds were replaced by turkey gobbles and coyote howls. My how times have changed.

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
Presentation is Everything.

20121114_Sanford_022-copy1.jpg
EkQX1hg3k298TPUN4fMvpyFnHN1HzMxKZXBGhdYKEGzKRrF6JOaxObBJxzyR742AjVS5nnmbuDlTm3altCFQ8p6BvA_g1AXljg
This reminds me of a friend of mine being served "royal pheasant". They pretty much hang the bird up until the hide falls off and then cook it whole. Served with the head still on and the innards removed if you're lucky.