Do Ladies Wear Slips Anymore?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I ask this based on observations of young ladies in their summer skirts sans slips and due to the lack of merchandise when I have shopped for slips.

Is wearing a slip passé and I am just being *gasp* "old-fashioned"?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I almost always wear a slip under my skirts at work. I have one or two that don't need a slip, but they look better with.

My grandmother would whoop my butt, even today, if she caught me without a slip. :jameo:

Well I imagine your "grandmother" is probably pretty old fashioned :lol:

I can't imagine the need for a slip. I don't buy see through clothes or clothes that are so uncomfortable that I don't want them touching my skin. So, I just don't get it :shrug:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
When in a skirt or dress, I wear one. Actually, when necessary I wear a slip. Other times I wear short silky tap pants that work much better with shorter dresses.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Well I imagine your "grandmother" is probably pretty old fashioned :lol:

I can't imagine the need for a slip. I don't buy see through clothes or clothes that are so uncomfortable that I don't want them touching my skin. So, I just don't get it :shrug:

I bet half the ladies I see without slips don't believe their skirts/dresses are see through either. :ohwell:

As Malice pointed out as well, dresses tend to hang better when you have a slip on as well.

I'll keep on being "old-fashioned" so I'm not flashing my co-workers my bits. That's just me.

But I was also wondering if sans slip was the "modern" way to show if you have panties on or not. Like a mating call...:lol:

I guess it is due to laziness, or a lack of availability of slips in most stores, or perhaps even from a desire to feel you must not conform?

I bet half the ladies I see without slips don't believe their skirts/dresses are see through either. :ohwell:

As Malice pointed out as well, dresses tend to hang better when you have a slip on as well.

I'll keep on being "old-fashioned" so I'm not flashing my co-workers my bits. That's just me.

But I was also wondering if sans slip was the "modern" way to show if you have panties on or not. Like a mating call...:lol:

I guess it is due to laziness, or a lack of availability of slips in most stores, or perhaps even from a desire to feel you must not conform?

LOL you're probably right. Shat, so my clothes are probably see through :jet:

Continue on your old fashioned way, I'd hate for your Grandma to have to give you that ass whooping. Haha

OMG a mating call?! :lmao:

I'm not lazy, I've seen slips in stores and I've never thought about not wearing them as not wanting to conform. I guess I've seen one too many slip slips on other women, typically older women. My clothes don't seem to hang funny on me, I mean...they're not hanging up on my legs, my thighs aren't rubbing together (well, yet anyway LOL) and my clothes are typically soft and not rubbing against me wrong or anything.

I think, instead of a slip, I'd rather go with what BadGirl mentioned...silky tap pants (whatever those are :lol:). I'm picturing leggings of some sort.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
or a lack of availability of slips in most stores, or perhaps even from a desire to feel you must not conform?
I don't have too much trouble finding slips when I need them. Matter of fact, some of my favorites, I have found at Wal Mart.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Too funny, I was wondering the same thing as I was bagging up old clothes this weekend and came across a bright red one I hadn't worn in years.

The skirts I own now are lined as is the one dress I wear to work so I currently don't own any slips. If I bought an unlined skirt or dress I would definitely wear one.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I recently had to buy a slip for the Bug. Her white dress for Confirmation had a built-in slip, but it was still too sheer. I found one at JCP.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
LOL you're probably right. Shat, so my clothes are probably see through :jet:

Continue on your old fashioned way, I'd hate for your Grandma to have to give you that ass whooping. Haha

OMG a mating call?! :lmao:

I'm not lazy, I've seen slips in stores and I've never thought about not wearing them as not wanting to conform. I guess I've seen one too many slip slips on other women, typically older women. My clothes don't seem to hang funny on me, I mean...they're not hanging up on my legs, my thighs aren't rubbing together (well, yet anyway LOL) and my clothes are typically soft and not rubbing against me wrong or anything.

I think, instead of a slip, I'd rather go with what BadGirl mentioned...silky tap pants (whatever those are :lol:). I'm picturing leggings of some sort.
Yep, I wear slips because I'm an old fashioned fattie...:confused:

Too funny, I was wondering the same thing as I was bagging up old clothes this weekend and came across a bright red one I hadn't worn in years.

The skirts I own now are lined as is the one dress I wear to work so I currently don't own any slips. If I bought an unlined skirt or dress I would definitely wear one.

That's a good point. Many work style skirts are lined, so slips are less necessary.

However, I'm seeing many of these ladies in summer dresses that aren't lined. :lol: I really know too much about their underwear choices.

Last edited:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Tap Pants

These are tap pants. They are made from the same silky material as a traditional slip, but they are actually "slip shorts", or whatever you want to call them. They provide a little modesty without being a full-coverage slip. I like them because they work really well under shorter sheath-style dresses.

Actually, my tap pants are slighly longer than this picture, but you get the idea of what I'm trying to say. I have them in white, nude, and black material to coordinate with whatever I'm wearing.

Attachments

• tap pants.jpg
    tap pants.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 110
Yep, I wear slips because I'm an old fashioned fattie...:confused:

However, I'm seeing many of these ladies in summer dresses that aren't lined. :lol: I really know too much about their underwear choices.

Err I never said nor insinuated you were fat. You asked if you were being "old fashioned" and I though 'well, yeah' since the only women I know of that wear slips are my Mother and Grandmother (though my Mom hasn't rocked one in years since she's a stay at home Grandma now). As for the "fattie" comment, if you're referring to me commenting on how my thighs aren't rubbing together 'yet', I wasn't calling you fat. I Googled (because I Google EVERYTHING, hehe) why women wear skirts and that was one of the reasons. Don't take it personally, I have no clue what your size is nor does it matter :smile:

And I agree that I've seen wayyyy to many underwear choices, mostly on younger chicks, but not much in 'work' attire or anything I'd think they should be wearing a slip with. I'm talking cotton dresses or leggings, something like that.

These are tap pants. They are made from the same silky material as a traditional slip, but they are actually "slip shorts", or whatever you want to call them. They provide a little modesty without being a full-coverage slip. I like them because they work really well under shorter sheath-style dresses.

Actually, my tap pants are slighly longer than this picture, but you get the idea of what I'm trying to say. I have them in white, nude, and black material to coordinate with whatever I'm wearing.

And those are to hide your underwear? And maybe prevent your skirt/dress from clinging to your underwear??

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
And those are to hide your underwear? And maybe prevent your skirt/dress from clinging to your underwear??
Hide underwear because the dress might be too sheer, or to keep the dress/skirt from 'grabbing' your skin. Some dress material seems to 'grab' or cling to my skin sometimes, and the silky material of the tap pants allows the fabric to glide over my body and I don't have that problem anymore.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I ask this based on observations of young ladies in their summer skirts sans slips and due to the lack of merchandise when I have shopped for slips.

Is wearing a slip passé and I am just being *gasp* "old-fashioned"?
I most certainly do, when the garment is see through or made of very thin fabric.