Do Ladies Wear Slips Anymore?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Yep, but spanx still doesn't help me not know that someone is wearing spanx under their dress. :lol:

So, I guess what I've learned is some women think it's okay for their skirts to creep and to show their under-roos to g-d and everybody and other ladies don't. :shrug:The women who don't wear slips choose noto to because it's not fashionable in thier minds to wear a slip because they would rather show their underwear or lack there of and let their skirts creep up.

I personally have never thought of a slip as "fashionable", just "practical".

And after reading the article belvak provided, I now know that "the end of slips coincides with a diminished sense of modesty. Our social mores no longer conform to a world where nice girls wear skirts that don't cling."
:shrug:

Hmmm, which makes me wonder, do gentlemen still wear undershirts beneath dress shirts? I see many that do.
Never worn a girdle, won't wear those ugly spanx. I have worn control top pantyhose when the situation warranted it. I typically don't wear "J-Lo" form-fitting outfits, as I do not like the way they look on me. Usually, if a slip would not suffice to create a finished, presentable (to MY taste) look - I won't buy the outfit. No sense in buying a dress I love, love, love which was not available in my size 1 or 2 sizes too small & then buying undergarments to squish me intit!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
wow. sure hope you don't fall off that high horse, you might break something.

I don't wear a slip, I find them extremely uncomfortable. I also do not show my "under-roos" to anyone other than bohman.
Okay - thanks. :confused: I don't think you read the article either. :eyeroll:

How short are the dresses you are wearing that people would see your panties? Second how are you sitting that people would see up your skirt?

and third....a slip is nothing more then a second skirt, if either of the above are not followed it doesn't matter what kind of slip you are wearing, we will see your panties!

Me? I don't wear dresses that come above my knee - I'm too darn short. :lol:

I'm saying I see ladies on a regular basis - in public, at work, even in church, who obviously don't have a slip on.

By the posts, and the obvious angst in those posts directed towards me for pointing it out, it appears to be a conscious decision to not wear a slip, and screw anyone who says otherwise because nobody can see their panties, spanx or lack there of. :shrug: Okay.

Again, I think I agree with belvak's article, it's just something that has happened over time - nowadays, it's okay to have your thong hanging out of your pants, it's okay to show your bra staps, and it's okay to show the world you aren't wearing a slip.

I'll continue to wear a slip, keeping my thongs in my pants and not showing off my bra in public, because I'm not comfortable showing my stuff. I don't care what the rest of you do, but I wish some of you would put on some underwear.

terbear1225

perhaps it's not the disagreement over whether or not to wear a slip that has people "angsting" perhaps its the holier than thou attitude and the implication that only someone with loose morals and a desire to show the world their under-roos would go without a slip.

I don't care what you do either, but I wish you didn't feel the need to run down others of your gender and imply that they are loose just because they don't agree with you.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Okay - thanks. :confused: I don't think you read the article either. :eyeroll:

Me? I don't wear dresses that come above my knee - I'm too darn short. :lol:

I'm saying I see ladies on a regular basis - in public, at work, even in church, who obviously don't have a slip on.

By the posts, and the obvious angst in those posts directed towards me for pointing it out, it appears to be a conscious decision to not wear a slip, and screw anyone who says otherwise because nobody can see their panties, spanx or lack there of. :shrug: Okay.

Again, I think I agree with belvak's article, it's just something that has happened over time - nowadays, it's okay to have your thong hanging out of your pants, it's okay to show your bra staps, and it's okay to show the world you aren't wearing a slip.

I'll continue to wear a slip, keeping my thongs in my pants and not showing off my bra in public, because I'm not comfortable showing my stuff. I don't care what the rest of you do, but I wish some of you would put on some underwear.
But my point is, you are stating things like at work. Today I happen to be wearing a dress, and since I buy clothes that FIT, I don't see a need to wear any extra skirts. However I am not showing anything that doesn't need to shown.

You are talking about people out in public that even if they were wearing a skip it wouldn't make a difference, they want to show off undies and such. Check out People of walmart, no slip in the world is going to help those people.

It's not that we are saying screw off to anyone that wants us to wear a skirt, but you are throwing a fit that people just don't wear them anymore. The reason is most people that want to look nice wear things that fit, and those that don't wear things that fit it wouldn't help even if they put on a slip.

Now read all the responses in this thread and when people gave you reasons WHY they DONT wear them you got all huffy. You are over reacting to people that just don't simply wear them anymore, yes they are old fashion. No there doesn't seem to be a need for them much anymore if one you buy something that FITS, and two know what is okay to wear in public.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
perhaps it's not the disagreement over whether or not to wear a slip that has people "angsting" perhaps its the holier than thou attitude and the implication that only someone with loose morals and a desire to show the world their under-roos would go without a slip.

I don't care what you do either, but I wish you didn't feel the need to run down others of your gender and imply that they are loose just because they don't agree with you.

OMG. :banghead:

My quote about "social mores" was from the article.

Do you know what "social mores" are? It's not morals.

I asked a question. I gave my point of view. Why are you whacked about it?

As for somebody being "loose" (your word) imho, that has nothing to do with whether or not somebody is wearing a slip.

You have some freaky issues.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
But my point is, you are stating things like at work. Today I happen to be wearing a dress, and since I buy clothes that FIT, I don't see a need to wear any extra skirts. However I am not showing anything that doesn't need to shown.

You are talking about people out in public that even if they were wearing a skip it wouldn't make a difference, they want to show off undies and such. Check out People of walmart, no slip in the world is going to help those people.

It's not that we are saying screw off to anyone that wants us to wear a skirt, but you are throwing a fit that people just don't wear them anymore. The reason is most people that want to look nice wear things that fit, and those that don't wear things that fit it wouldn't help even if they put on a slip.

Now read all the responses in this thread and when people gave you reasons WHY they DONT wear them you got all huffy. You are over reacting to people that just don't simply wear them anymore, yes they are old fashion. No there doesn't seem to be a need for them much anymore if one you buy something that FITS, and two know what is okay to wear in public.

Okay. I'm not huffy. :mad:

I just want some of these chicks to put on some panties. :lmao:

I also asked a question, why aren't people wearing slips. Geesh.

To me, you all are over-reacting about me asking a freaking question. :eyeball:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
OMG. :banghead:

My quote about "social mores" was from the article.

Do you know what "social mores" are? It's not morals.

I asked a question. I gave my point of view. Why are you whacked about it?

As for somebody being "loose" (your word) imho, that has nothing to do with whether or not somebody is wearing a slip.

You have some freaky issues.

Somebody's panties are in a twist. You should invest in a better slip :coffee:

KDENISE977

Amen! I wear black dress slacks (90% of mine are Gap) every day to work, with simple 4'' Nine West heels. I've worn dress slacks to weddings as well. I'm just not a dress/skirt person.

amen sister !:buddies: Black, Gap dress pants almost EVERY day with heels. Very easy to get dressed in the morning !! I'm not a dress/skirt person either, like at all. And at home, yoga capris, all black. :buddies:

bohman

To me, you all are over-reacting about me asking a freaking question. :eyeball:

No, I'm pretty sure their annoyance at you happened AFTER they answered your question with reasonable responses, and you talked down at them and implied that they intentionally show off their underwear to the world. The exception being, when you implied that they have no idea whether their underwear shows or not.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
No, I'm pretty sure their annoyance at you happened AFTER they answered your question with reasonable responses, and you talked down at them and implied that they intentionally show off their underwear to the world. The exception being, when you implied that they have no idea whether their underwear shows or not.

Well, if they took it that way, it's because they know they are showing their undies to the world at large and are offended that somebody pointed it out to them. :shrug:

I don't see these ladies on here, so how would I know? I'm stating what I see (which is not London nor France).

If they truly aren't showing their undies, then it shouldn't bother them, should it? They shouldn't be offended that someone sees their panties, because it's not a problem, right? :biggrin:

Right now, I think half of them need a dictionary.

Pete

Repete
Would you all please just come to a conclusion! APS needs to know if he needs a slip tomorrow or not. Jeezus.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I guess it is due to laziness, or a lack of availability of slips in most stores, or perhaps even from a desire to feel you must not conform?

No one is "whacked out" but you. Its comments like this that irked some people. I could care less what you wear under your skirt. I certainly don't want to be working in your office if you're always going to be worrying about what's under mine! You said right here, you think if girls aren't wearing them its because they're either lazy, slips aren't readily available (bc hello, hardly anyone buys them) or they actually want to show their underwear, and any girl that wants to show her underwear is loose, therefor also a slut. Now, I know not to take your words literally, so I know you're not calling me one bc I refuse to wear a slip, but you asked a question, gave your opinion, then gave some biased and rude opinions about those who didn't conform with your original opinion. You asked, we answered. You didn't like those answers, you :banghead: among other things. :yay:

Now, if I told you I didn't wear slips/spanx/panties under my skirts so I could easily sext my bf all day from work, then you're allowed to call me loose. :angel:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
No one is "whacked out" but you. Its comments like this that irked some people. I could care less what you wear under your skirt. I certainly don't want to be working in your office if you're always going to be worrying about what's under mine! You said right here, you think if girls aren't wearing them its because they're either lazy, slips aren't readily available (bc hello, hardly anyone buys them) or they actually want to show their underwear, and any girl that wants to show her underwear is loose, therefor also a slut. Now, I know not to take your words literally, so I know you're not calling me one bc I refuse to wear a slip, but you asked a question, gave your opinion, then gave some biased and rude opinions about those who didn't conform with your original opinion. You asked, we answered. You didn't like those answers, you :banghead: among other things. :yay:

Now, if I told you I didn't wear slips/spanx/panties under my skirts so I could easily sext my bf all day from work, then you're allowed to call me loose. :angel:
I called nobody "loose". May I interest you in a word of the day calander?

Are spanx not underwear?
Yes.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Amen! I wear black dress slacks (90% of mine are Gap) every day to work, with simple 4'' Nine West heels. I've worn dress slacks to weddings as well. I'm just not a dress/skirt person.

Maybe one day, you will start wearing shirts to work, too! :evil: