Do you think I can save my hair?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
This doesn't make any sense to me...:confused:

I get touch ups frequently. The bleach doesn't stay on my hair long. If I let my hair grow out a few inches, the bleach would more than likely stay on my hair longer. The longer it stays on, the more damage it does.

What? Who told you that? :lol: That's not true, at all. Bleach is permanent, it's not temporary in any way (no matter how often you bleach your hair). I think your hair dresser just wants to make sure you keep coming back...often.

I get touch ups frequently. The bleach doesn't stay on my hair long. If I let my hair grow out a few inches, the bleach would more than likely stay on my hair longer. The longer it stays on, the more damage it does.

I understand your theory, but I agree with whome.

Jameo

What?!
What? Who told you that? :lol: That's not true, at all. Bleach is permanent, it's not temporary in any way (no matter how often you bleach your hair). I think your hair dresser just wants to make sure you keep coming back...often.

I think chasey is talking about the amount of time the bleach takes to process. Like 10-15 minutes for touch up compared to getting a new full set of highlights 20-30 minutes :shrug:

Well...you're right, if the bleach is on your hair (processing) for a longer time then yes, it's causing more damage. The fact that you go more often simply means your roots aren't as long. If they were longer that wouldn't change the amount of time your hair would need to process, just the amount of hair that would need to be processed. If you don't let your hair process long enough it's just brassy/orangey but it's still permanent and is still damaging your hair.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
My hairdresser is one of my best friends. I assure you I'm not getting ripped off.

I know bleach is permanent. Hair that is grown out needs more bleach. Hair that is already bleached doesn't require as much processing time. So, by me "bleaching" my hair often, I cut down processing time. :smile:

I think chasey is talking about the amount of time the bleach takes to process. Like 10-15 minutes for touch up compared to getting a new full set of highlights 20-30 minutes :shrug:
I gotcha... But the new growth is done first in the process because it needs the full time to achieve the desired results... the already damaged part of the hair is done for less time if at all.

Whome was pointing out that the stripping of color is permanent damage to the hair shaft. The more you process the hair shaft, the more damage occurs.

My hairdresser is one of my best friends. I assure you I'm not getting ripped off.

I know bleach is permanent. Hair that is grown out needs more bleach. Hair that is already bleached doesn't require as much processing time. So, by me "bleaching" my hair often, I cut down processing time. :smile:

Good for you Chasey, it's good to have someone taking care of your hair that you can trust :yay:

I gotcha... But the new growth is done first in the process because it needs the full time to achieve the desired results... the already damaged part of the hair is done for less time if at all.

Whome was pointing out that the stripping of color is permanent damage to the hair shaft. The more you process the hair shaft, the more damage occurs.

For shizzle :high5:

:lmao:

Geek

:worthless

Shut it

They do at the Galleria, it's called the malibu conditioning treatment. They can either do it there or you can take it home and do it yourself. Personally, if my hair were that damaged I'd probably opt for both.

Good luck Geek :yay:

Thanks, I have an appointment for tonight.

Sally's has packets of Ion deep conditioning treatment. Grab one of those.

I'll get that on the way home

Geek, how often do you get trims? I have highlighted and colored hair. I see my hairdresser faithfully every 5-7 weeks. I get a trim each visit. The longer you go between highlights, the more damage you are doing to your hair. If you highlight more frequently, the bleach doesn't stay on your hair as long.

My hair grows really slow. If I went that often, I would be bald. My hairdresser has been TGS for a few cuts. :lmao:

So I was thinking of an angled bob. Thin, breaking hair, do you all think this is a good idea?