Dog Found

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
All I did was put out a lost notice, as to why I can't take her to a vet is NONE of your business. Also just so you know when and if I take her to the shelter they will SCAN her there.

:gossip:Pssst...I don't care about your business at all.
Just a suggestion for the pups sake.

K

ketelone

In all fairness people. Maybe the person who took the dog in can't drive. He/She was nice enough to take it in and now she is getting "beat up" for it. I agree that the dog needs to get scanned but you have no idea what this person's circumstances are.

SouthernMdRocks

In all fairness people. Maybe the person who took the dog in can't drive. He/She was nice enough to take it in and now she is getting "beat up" for it. I agree that the dog needs to get scanned but you have no idea what this person's circumstances are.

I would never bash and did not bash anyone. She can take the dog to the shelter to drop off there but not the vet for a scan??? That I don't get. You need to drive either way.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Posting here is a big help as well..I wasn't trying to be into her business,, I was just thinking why not take to a vet asap to be scanned.:shrug:

Perhaps the poster wasn't able to take the dog to the vet right away. Whatever circumstances, she's trying to find the dog's owner. It's not like she found an animal and wants to keep it. :rolleyes:

KevMD

Agreed. It certainly sounds like this person is trying to help. She took photos, she's getting the word out. The first thing the owner (if there is one) should have done was notify animal control, shelters, etc. If chrissyhh has done the same, you'd think some vigilant employee would've reunited dog and owner already. Microchip scanning is the next step in case the dog is far from home or the owner is just negligent. The way people sit on their high horses and issue criticism makes it sound like the prudent thing to do in the future is... nothing. You can't win, why bother?

SouthernMdRocks

Agreed. It certainly sounds like this person is trying to help. She took photos, she's getting the word out. The first thing the owner (if there is one) should have done was notify animal control, shelters, etc. If chrissyhh has done the same, you'd think some vigilant employee would've reunited dog and owner already. Microchip scanning is the next step in case the dog is far from home or the owner is just negligent. The way people sit on their high horses and issue criticism makes it sound like the prudent thing to do in the future is... nothing. You can't win, why bother?

Geez, make a mountain out of a mole hill all ready. I only originally suggested the vet and getting scanned. She took it as me getting in her business to which I don't care about and responded pissy. It was only a statement I made, not a question. I stated a couple times that her taking the dog in was great. No high horse here! I think it is wonderful that she is trying, advice is have the dog scanned.:shrug: Nuff said!

tes218

We have been in contact....she thinks someone may know whose dog it is, and if not she will contact me.

:yahoo: That would be great if the owner was found. I'm sure they are missing her. Thank you so much for making the offer to have her scanned.

tipsymcgee

Got a PM this morning that the dog was reunited with its owner about two miles away. Whoever it was jumped on this person for no reason. What happens the next time she finds a stray dog or cat...think she's going to look here for help?

tes218

Got a PM this morning that the dog was reunited with its owner about two miles away. Whoever it was jumped on this person for no reason. What happens the next time she finds a stray dog or cat...think she's going to look here for help?

How was she able to locate the dog's owner? Did she use one of the methods suggested? If using this forum helped then I would hope she would use it again as doing whatever is necessary to find the owner should be what matters most. I don't think anyone "jumped" on her until after she got an attitude with the suggestion to have her scanned. If she was unable to take her to the vet until Wednesday (when she was able to have her taken to the shelter) or needed help getting her there all she had to do was say so. No one was trying to "get into her business". Still don't understand her reaction but at least the dog is now back with her owner. For that I'm grateful.

sockgirl77

How was she able to locate the dog's owner? Did she use one of the methods suggested? If using this forum helped then I would hope she would use it again as doing whatever is necessary to find the owner should be what matters most. I don't think anyone "jumped" on her until after she got an attitude with the suggestion to have her scanned. If she was unable to take her to the vet until Wednesday (when she was able to have her taken to the shelter) or needed help getting her there all she had to do was say so. No one was trying to "get into her business". Still don't understand her reaction but at least the dog is now back with her owner. For that I'm grateful.

What does it ####ing matter? She took the dog in and it is now back with its owner. You people are azzholes. I was just sitting here thinking what would I do if I found a stray dog. Exactly what she did. I work and have 3 kids. I certainly do not have the time to take a dog to the vet. :rolleyes:

SouthernMdRocks

:yeahthat: