Dog Found

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
What does it ####ing matter? She took the dog in and it is now back with its owner. You people are azzholes. I was just sitting here thinking what would I do if I found a stray dog. Exactly what she did. I work and have 3 kids. I certainly do not have the time to take a dog to the vet. :rolleyes:

No Socki, if we were indeed azzholes, we would chime in when peeps are saying mean nasty things about your character to you!
I work, have 5 children, have farm animals and foster dogs and cats, I made 4 trips to the vet this week alone....and...one round trip to Stafford VA to adopt out a puppy!! Damn, I must be superwoman...:yahoo: or just plain crazy!!:cds:

sockgirl77

No Socki, if we were indeed azzholes, we would chime in when peeps are saying mean nasty things about your character to you!
I work, have 5 children, have farm animals and foster dogs and cats, I made 4 trips to the vet this week alone....and...one round trip to Stafford VA to adopt out a puppy!! Damn, I must be superwoman...:yahoo: or just plain crazy!!:cds:

I'm glad you have time to do all of that. I do not.

tipsymcgee

AnnieC suggested maybe she stole the dog and now doesn't want it, and Rocks seemed adamant that she get it scanned. As much as I and ppl here do, ppl don't have the obligation to take in strays or look for help or get it scanned. She could have let the dog wander to the next house down the street.

And she said another neighbor suggested whose dog it might be, and it was. And she said she def. would never ask for help here again.

J

jaybeeztoo

AnnieC suggested maybe she stole the dog and now doesn't want it, and Rocks seemed adamant that she get it scanned. As much as I and ppl here do, ppl don't have the obligation to take in strays or look for help or get it scanned. She could have let the dog wander to the next house down the street.

And she said another neighbor suggested whose dog it might be, and it was. And she said she def. would never ask for help here again.

I don't blame her. So much for a good deed. You get slammed.

Cowgirl

She needs to toughen up. She shouldn't let strangers on the net bother her.

sockgirl77

You rock!

tes218

What does it ####ing matter? She took the dog in and it is now back with its owner. You people are azzholes. I was just sitting here thinking what would I do if I found a stray dog. Exactly what she did. I work and have 3 kids. I certainly do not have the time to take a dog to the vet. :rolleyes:

Duh! Just was wondering how the owner was located. Proven methods are good information to share. So you wouldn't have time to go to a vet but would have time to go to the shelter? :shrug: Also, nothing wrong in stating that you don't have time or a way there to see if someone else could help. It seems that someone did offer that so it's not a bad idea to let people know.

sockgirl77

Duh! Just was wondering how the owner was located. Proven methods are good information to share. So you wouldn't have time to go to a vet but would have time to go to the shelter? :shrug: Also, nothing wrong in stating that you don't have time or a way there to see if someone else could help. It seems that someone did offer that so it's not a bad idea to let people know.

I think that you could have just posted "yay, you found the owner" and been just fine. :yay:

tes218

Well, I'm glad you offered to help take the dog to get scanned for her. :yay:

If one really cares about a lost animal that crosses your path you would do everything you can to help find the owner. That may mean posting it on here. If this little forum talk stops her from doing that I can only think she is more concerned about herself and not the animal. It may prove to be the one best link to finding its home and my shoulders are strong enough to handle someones opinion. It's all about the results.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!

Wow, that's really slamming...guess I'm just plain meamie.:drama:

sunflower

Loving My Life...
Well, I'm glad you offered to help take the dog to get scanned for her. :yay:

If one really cares about a lost animal that crosses your path you would do everything you can to help find the owner. That may mean posting it on here. If this little forum talk stops her from doing that I can only think she is more concerned about herself and not the animal. It may prove to be the one best link to finding its home and my shoulders are strong enough to handle someones opinion. It's all about the results.

She cared enough to keep the dog for a few days and Post it here.. What more do you want?Maybe Next time just let the doggie wonder away and maybe get hit by a car. One can only do so much... :coffee:

tes218

I think that you could have just posted "yay, you found the owner" and been just fine. :yay:

And how would that have answered the question of how it was done? I know there are serveral good websites to post lost/found animals and was wondering if one of those proved to be a good source for when the next dog/cat is lost. Nothing more was intended. :shrug:

sockgirl77

And how would that have answered the question of how it was done? I know there are serveral good websites to post lost/found animals and was wondering if one of those proved to be a good source for when the next dog/cat is lost. Nothing more was intended. :shrug:

:bs:

tes218

She cared enough to keep the dog for a few days and Post it here.. What more do you want?Maybe Next time just let the doggie wonder away and maybe get hit by a car. One can only do so much... :coffee:

Not everyone reads this forum, shocking isn't it! True, one can only do so much. That is why Tipsy offered to get it scanned if she couldn't. When another dog was lost a few months back most of this whole forum community stepped up to help and look for her. What if she had taken offense to something someone had posted before her dog was lost and refused to post it here. Is that good for the dog?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Good Grief!

Here's my 2 cents!

Great job finding the dog, keeping it safe and locating its owner, no matter how you did it! :yay:

Merry Christmas!