dog house

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I can't believe I am writing this. I don't know what else to do. My husband and I both work long hours each on the same schedules so we can keep our son in Daycare.We are living paycheck to paycheck. We sometimes don't even have enough to get by on each week. I have to feed my entire family on hotdogs and bologna because after paying our monthly living expenses & trying to keep our creditors happy. I usually only have about $20 per week for food. And it doesn't help that I was out of work for 3 months while my son suffered from bacterial menegitis and was in Childerens Hospital. I couldn't bare to leave him up there by himself, when most parents did. We put ourselves on a very tight budget. Got rid of everything that was not necessary, I mean everything, but we still are just scraping by.Christmas is just around the corner & I can barely feed my Son. I have no idea how I am going to be able to get him anything for Christmas. When I say we are barely scraping by I mean it. We live in a tiny 2 bedroom apartment. If anyone out there could help us it will be greatly appreciated. Even just a few dollars. At this point every dolloar makes a difference for my family. Thank you for your time and your thoughts and prayers for my family. I figured it would be less humiliating if I posted in the ladies room than anywhere else....

Why do you need to keep your son in day care? Have you sat down with your bills and looked closely? You'd probably be better off if you stayed home with your son, reduced your income, and got assistance.

ImaBadB

Love Me or Hate Me
Why do you need to keep your son in day care? Have you sat down with your bills and looked closely? You'd probably be better off if you stayed home with your son, reduced your income, and got assistance.

Because without both my husband and myself employed we couldn't afford, our regulary monthly bills.

lbreder

2into4

No problem. When my husband was in the Army we would assist army families in need and my group grew with donations of gifts and clothes. Now that we are out of the Army my kids and I just shop for kids and find a drop off site for some kids in need. Im not knocking those who need help, cause you never know when you might need it yourself. I try to teach my kids to always help.

lbreder

2into4
You know there are also ways to get free daycare if you cant afford it/dont make enough money to pay. Do you get W.I.C? It sounds like you should be getting that. Do you know what you are qualified for? It seems like you havent researched much.

ImaBadB

Love Me or Hate Me
So basically, you've over extended yourselves. :yay:

Unfortunately, yes we have, but we didn't know we'd be in this predicament. I had to quit my job while me son was sick, and now that he is recovering I have found employment elsewhere, though not very high paying...

ImaBadB

Love Me or Hate Me
You know there are also ways to get free daycare if you cant afford it/dont make enough money to pay. Do you get W.I.C? It sounds like you should be getting that. Do you know what you are qualified for? It seems like you havent researched much.

We receive wic, but it's not much, we do not qualify for daycare vouchers, due to our income they say it's too high, you have to fall under $29,000, and we make 31,000

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Unfortunately, yes we have, but we didn't know we'd be in this predicament. I had to quit my job while me son was sick, and now that he is recovering I have found employment elsewhere, though not very high paying...

All I can say is contact the organizations that have been linked, and you or your husband may want to consider a part time job in addition to your full time jobs. You need to look for another job. Somebody's snowin' you.

lbreder

2into4
We receive wic, but it's not much, we do not qualify for daycare vouchers, due to our income they say it's too high, you have to fall under $29,000, and we make 31,000

What about your family or your husbands family? Why arent they helping you? My son was in the hospital for the first two months of his life and has been through 3 open heart surgeries with many other surgeries due to his heart. My family pulled together to help me and made sure I didnt worry about a thing. My brother in law got assistance with his electric bill from SMECO and made 45,000 a year. Have you tried going to get help with that. Im sorry but there are plenty of places that will help when you show them your bills and explain yourself. You have to push for it though and not just assuming no one will help. Dont come up with excuses get out and start talking to people.

ImaBadB

Love Me or Hate Me
My family has helped as much as they can, and there are very personal reasons of why they can't help anymore. Thanks for all the words

RaspberryBeret

Protected By Trunk Monkey
Is that a picture of your son on your avatar? If so, he looks young and certainly isnt going to know the difference if you do or don't give him presents. If you want something for him to unwrap then wrap up some toys that he doesnt usually play with and he'll experience the same effect. Christmas is supposed to be about love and family. Times are tough and you might be broke but I bet you have plenty of love to go around.
Do as the others suggested and try to get assistance with food and such. Have yourself a nice meal, sing Christmas songs, read Christmas stories and play with your child ...... I bet you'll look back years from now and remember this particular holiday with fond memories because you may not have much but you do have eachother (that's more than some people can say).

:huggy:

lbreder

2into4
Is that a picture of your son on your avatar? If so, he looks young and certainly isnt going to know the difference if you do or don't give him presents. If you want something for him to unwrap then wrap up some toys that he doesnt usually play with and he'll experience the same effect. Christmas is supposed to be about love and family. Times are tough and you might be broke but I bet you have plenty of love to go around.
Do as the others suggested and try to get assistance with food and such. Have yourself a nice meal, sing Christmas songs, read Christmas stories and play with your child ...... I bet you'll look back years from now and remember this particular holiday with fond memories because you may not have much but you do have eachother (that's more than some people can say).

:huggy:

You know I was thinking the same thing. I had to step away for a few minutes and Ive been thinking about this situation. I guess you beat me to it! You also hit the nail on the head when you say Christmas is about family and love. Its not the amount of gifts you get or not. Always love! Remember these times cause thats what makes you stronger and become better.