DOJ ordered WHAT

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Maybe this needs to be over in conspiracy theories because I find this hard to believe.

Hijinx

This has to be far worse than China.

I cannot believe this is the America I grew up in.
I have news for you pal: This isn't the America any of us grew up in.
This is what happens when the Government is filled with Affirmative Action idiots who are drones of the Deep State, and the democrats have taken complete control of the agencies of the Government. Civil Service laws keep them there, and they are like shtty college professors who have tenure, their feet are in concrete. If they are real bad they get promoted to get rid of them.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I cannot believe this is the America I grew up in.
I've gotten hooked on old tv serials like Space Patrol. It's just mindless entertainment, but what's really re-opening my eyes are the commercials. The ol' "Just send 25 cents in coin and a boxtop from your favorite Ralston cereal, bite-size Wheat Chex or Rice Chex in the checkerboard box to yadda yadda NY 46 NY!"

The '46' was the pre-zipcode address used in NY, and is now 10046. But really all a kid had to be concerned about was waiting for the stupid plastic toy in the mail, with no fear that the Post Office would get a real 25 cent piece thru without issue, and watching grown adults playing spaceman and hoping you didn't miss it at the weekly theater showing, before they moved it to tv. Simple, naive, unconcerned... Ok, you had to line up in the school hallway floor with your hands over your heads once a week, but you really didn't understand why you did that.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
I've gotten hooked on old tv serials like Space Patrol. It's just mindless entertainment, but what's really re-opening my eyes are the commercials. The ol' "Just send 25 cents in coin and a boxtop from your favorite Ralston cereal, bite-size Wheat Chex or Rice Chex in the checkerboard box to yadda yadda NY 46 NY!"
Where did you see Space Patrol?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Where did you see Space Patrol?
Tubi streaming. They've got a lot of the old shows, Flash Gordon, Fireball XL5, Thunderbirds, etc....

Rocky Jones Space Ranger, Transformers, UFO (british series), Red Dwarf, Dr. Who, and if like anime, lots of that.

Last edited:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Tubi, Pluto and OTA - cannot beat free TV :yay:

We do pay to get Friendly TV and Monumental Sports (less than 30 for both per month)

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Tubi, Pluto and OTA - cannot beat free TV :yay:

We do pay to get Friendly TV and Monumental Sports (less than 30 for both per month)
Been finding some good things on Crackle, and there's a Lego app on my new tv. Gotta keep up with Spinjitsu.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Isn't that what you are complaining they tried to do to Trump?

Hypocrisy

look it up

All presidential records are subject to certain rules unless it is classified information.

Why is any of this a surprise to you?

So you think including anyone who ever followed, reposted, commented under the President's Twitter account should be included in that with the registers information from Twitter???

I'm not buying that because that is just beyond the pale.

HemiHauler

Maybe this needs to be over in conspiracy theories because I find this hard to believe.

It’s quite common for people involved in criminal trials to have warrrants issues for all manner or electronic records - email, social media, etc. It’s just as common for there to be a proscription on telling the end-user that such warrants have been received. Nothing abnormal about this at all.

I’m all for companies standing up for users in these sorts of cases. In the Apple ecosystem, for example, they *cannot* comply with such orders because of encryption for which there is no back door. Many email platforms do this as well. And this is a perfectly valid occasion to tell the government to pound sand.

Remember the San Bernardino shooter? Where the FBI found the iPhone of the shooter and demanded that Apple break into it? Apple told them to pound sand, we can’t do it and even if we could we won’t. They are ended up having to pay an Israeli security firm to break into it. They didn’t break the encryption; rather, they used an exploit.

The firm I use for offsite storage, rsync.net, for example, uses this warrant canary:

And everything I ship to them is encrypted by me.

My axiom in the digital world has always been: if you want guaranteed privacy, you need to pay for it. If it is free of charge, you are the product and you have ZERO privacy.

Twitter is a free service and, well, ya get what you pay for.

Grumpy

Oh wow, the hemorrhoid learned a new word and just had to use it.

Happy New Year Celebration GIF by Faith Holland

WingsOfGold

Isn't that what you are complaining they tried to do to Trump?

Hypocrisy

look it up

All presidential records are subject to certain rules unless it is classified information.

Why is any of this a surprise to you?
Your ilk trash, not mine.

StmarysCity79

So you think including anyone who ever followed, reposted, commented under the President's Twitter account should be included in that with the registers information from Twitter???

I'm not buying that because that is just beyond the pale.

Yes.

If you don't pay for the product you are the product. They take your data and sell it to anyone who pays or in this case give it to anyone with a subpeona. You sign those terms of service when you sign up.

StmarysCity79

Your problem here is your source.

They are clearly bias. Says so in their header.

Please learn how to tell fake news from real news