don't read this if you are offended easily

dazed&fallen

fine artist
I have strong views and I don't like to mince words.

So there are these "assertive" manhood classes at churches across the nation. They basically teach you how to beat your children and keep your woman in line. They don't word it that way but read between the lines.

They do a lot of double talking about it. First stating that women are equal and then going on to state that God fashioned women to be "helpers" and men to be "leaders." The wording was chosen carefully as evangelicals have a long history of admonishing uppity women.

She is to be supportive and obedient, physically submissive and never using sex as a leverage tool. She is to praise her husband whenever possible. Men too have a list of protocol they must follow.

See what they're doing? They're solidifying traditional gender roles. It's old dogma with a new paint job.

It sort of makes you wonder about a man that needs "God" to handle his women for him doesn't it? An insult to modern intelligence at the very least. At most a sexist conspiracy.

everybody knows
it really does get cold
in space without clothes
i’m cold and scared
just a little impaired
i wanted to see if anyone cared
i guess i don’t have a clue kid
i’m histrionic and stupid
i can concentrate on the formless form
and weave some dreams to keep me warm
but i’ve had as much as i can stand
from from all these fundies who would
run me out of town like the elephant man
for questioning their tactics
their obnoxious didactic
it all started when a couple of ghouls
decided they were qualified to make all the rules
their opinions won’t budge
but who am i to judge?
i’m just some schizoid that used to do drugs
then i awakened the kundalini
and turned into a (s)he
they say “you’re not a seer
you’re just a queer
the kind that God especially hates
so it’s written right here"
i say, but the light you’re holding
has grown pretty dim
if there’s a God like you say
trust me father, you are not him
and neither was the apostle paul
this i know because
i wandered off and heard the call
saw the God within us all
as below, so above
(s)he radiates unconditional love
so please, i never meant you any harm
and if Christ were here, i wonder
would he take me in his arms
or sentence me to hell?
sometimes it’s awful hard to tell
it’s difficult to say
but it doesn’t matter either way
because now it’s time to stand and scream
your way of life is just a dream
it’s just one and there are many others
so stop sacrificing your sons
and killing our brothers

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I have strong views and I don't like to mince words.

So there are these "assertive" manhood classes at churches across the nation. They basically teach you how to beat your children and keep your woman in line. They don't word it that way but read between the lines.

Try reading the lines instead of reading between them.

... then get you azz back in the kitchen and make me a sammich

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Dazed & Fallen?
You seem to be aptly named so which one happened first the dazing or the falling? :lmao:
You're obviously a women's libber who has problems with authority. Nowhere did God say that women are to bow down to men or vice versa or be "kept in line". We ALL have "certain protocol to follow". So what? Some things only men should do and some things only women should do. This is so that society and the family will function properly and orderly. Not like it is today with gender and roles being switched regularly. You seemed to shoot yourself in the foot with you circular reasoning.

dazed&fallen

fine artist
Dazed & Fallen?
You seem to be aptly named so which one happened first the dazing or the falling? :lmao:
You're obviously a women's libber who has problems with authority. Nowhere did God say that women are to bow down to men or vice versa or be "kept in line". We ALL have "certain protocol to follow". So what? Some things only men should do and some things only women should do. This is so that society and the family will function properly and orderly. Not like it is today with gender and roles being switched regularly. You seemed to shoot yourself in the foot with you circular reasoning.

I only have problems with corrupt authority Poindexter

The church has been criticized for being misogynistic. "The foundations of early Christian misogyny — its guilt about sex, its insistence on female subjection, its dread of female seduction — are all in St. Paul's epistles. They provided a convenient supply of divinely inspired misogynistic texts for any Christian writer who chose to use them; his statements on female subjection were still being quoted in the twentieth century opponents of equality for women."[2] Writers such as John Knox have been singled out for criticism.

Last edited:

dazed&fallen

fine artist
Want me to Hold You Up,
I will lift you to the sky.
Want me to Make You Smile, When your down,
best believe I will Make you bust up Laughin.
Want me to Hug You, just cuz,
my Arms are Always open.
Want me to Hear You out,
Girl, I will Hear, and Advise you, till me ears drop, and my voice stops.
Want me to be The Bestest Friend for you,
I'll be all that and More.
Cuz Im a Friend thats here to stay.

That's very sweet. I don't know if you know I'm a guy. In fact I'm a straight guy with a girlfriend. I'm not a feminist either. I just know corruption when I see it. When Pressed many Evangelical Christians will admit that women aren't equal. That's what you get when you take the word literally.

dazed&fallen

fine artist
Female or male, it does not matter to have a discussion. I think it is superb of you to bring this to light in our forum. I think many people should learn about Eval way of religion and how they put women down.

Im curious on your thoughts about Christian Scientists also.

Christian scientists are very unscientific. Again it's a free country. You can believe what you want to believe with or without evidence.

I feel like people have better discussions when there's evidence involved.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I only have problems with corrupt authority Poindexter. The church has been criticized for being misogynistic. "The foundations of early Christian misogyny — its guilt about sex, its insistence on female subjection, its dread of female seduction — are all in St. Paul's epistles. They provided a convenient supply of divinely inspired misogynistic texts for any Christian writer who chose to use them; his statements on female subjection were still being quoted in the twentieth century opponents of equality for women."[2] Writers such as John Knox have been singled out for criticism.
Another one who has no clue as to what the Bible means but is still spouting off about it. You'll fit in well here. You have issues I see and it shows after only a couple of your posts. I asked you what you use to show when the Bible is misused. Can you answer that or not?
There is a big difference between God stating the roles for women and your $64,000 big words for female oppression. There may have been a demeaning of women in the old days but man did it, not God. God said that women were to be companions and helpmates to men and that men were to love, honor, protect & respect them. God gave us each roles to live out and He does it for order in society, not to demean anyone. (Read Galatians 3 v 28)
Female or male, it does not matter to have a discussion. I think it is superb of you to bring this to light in our forum. I think many people should learn about Eval way of religion and how they put women down.
I'm curious as to where you were during spelling class? Eval?
Some things only men should do and some things only women should do. Examples please. I really want to hear this.
God wants only men to be Pastors & Deacons, He wants them to be the "spiritual" heads of the home & family.
He does not want men to be mother's or women to be father's but today the roles have changed in some cases.
He wants men to be men and manly, not these effeminate ones that are "allowed" to live out their feminine ways. The same for women who try to be manly.
He does not want women in wars.
So, out of these, which do you take issue with?
And what did big bad "religion" do to you to make you hate it so? Obviously you know the Bible very well to be able to tell when it is misused, eh?

dazed&fallen

fine artist
Another one who has no clue as to what the Bible means but is still spouting off about it. You'll fit in well here. You have issues I see and it shows after only a couple of your posts. I asked you what you use to show when the Bible is misused. Can you answer that or not?
There is a big difference between God stating the roles for women and your $64,000 big words for female oppression. There may have been a demeaning of women in the old days but man did it, not God. God said that women were to be companions and helpmates to men and that men were to love, honor, protect & respect them. God gave us each roles to live out and He does it for order in society, not to demean anyone. (Read Galatians 3 v 28)

I fit in GREAT here. You'll learn to love me. It keeps you from getting lazy. The Bible is being misused to oppress women. Does God state the roles of women or is it your patriarchal society? You should get used to big words. The world is full of them.

So let me play devil's advocate and say that man created God. Perhaps women should be whatever they want to be and lets leave it at that.

Take a look around at the world we live in. Is there order? Has there ever been? Christians have persecuted several times more people throughout history than they ever were. They took liberties, colonizations, the mass slaughter of native americans. Where was God?

"Jesus is a word men use when it's convenient, an excuse for having no excuse and those who ought to know better."

I'm curious as to where you were during spelling class? Eval?

Short for Evangelist genius

God wants only men to be Pastors & Deacons, He wants them to be the "spiritual" heads of the home & family.
He does not want men to be mother's or women to be father's but today the roles have changed in some cases.

God says Men can't take care of children? Men can't have them themselves but that's not what I'm talking about. What if the mother dies?

He wants men to be men and manly, not these effeminate ones that are "allowed" to live out their feminine ways. The same for women who try to be manly.

What's wrong with being sensitive and graceful? It doesn't necessarily mean you're gay.

He does not want women in wars.
So, out of these, which do you take issue with?
And what did big bad "religion" do to you to make you hate it so? Obviously you know the Bible very well to be able to tell when it is misused, eh?

He doesn't want women in wars? Where did he say that? Do you know?

:duel:

Last edited:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
He doesn't want women in wars? Where did he say that? Do you know?

Deuteronomy 24 v 5, Joshua 7 (Gideon's men).
There are others but it is clear in many passages what men and women are to do and nowhere are women spoken of in any battles.

Are you an mpd of someone here? You seem familiar.....

dazed&fallen

fine artist
Deuteronomy 24 v 5, Joshua 7 (Gideon's men).
There are others but it is clear in many passages what men and women are to do and nowhere are women spoken of in any battles.

Are you an mpd of someone here? You seem familiar.....

Deuteronomy 24 v 5 If a man has recently married, he must not be sent to war or have any other duty laid on him. For one year he is to be free to stay at home and bring happiness to the wife he has married.

That's not what it says friend

Joshua 7 what?

Lol about the mpd thing. No. Do I remind you of someone?

Last edited:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Deuteronomy 24 v 5 If a man has recently married, he must not be sent to war or have any other duty laid on him. For one year he is to be free to stay at home and bring happiness to the wife he has married.

That's not what it says friend

Joshue 7 what?

Lol about the mpd thing. No. Do I remind you of someone?
Doesn't say the "woman" should stay home and not go to war right?
Judges 7 first 9 verses (sorry, my bad). He calls on men not women.
Yes, you remind me of the other anti-God people here who I'm sure you'll meet and hear from soon. They can't resist the religious forums.

dazed&fallen

fine artist
Doesn't say the "woman" should stay home and not go to war right?
Judges 7 first 9 verses (sorry, my bad). He calls on men not women.
Yes, you remind me of the other anti-God people here who I'm sure you'll meet and hear from soon. They can't resist the religious forums.

I'm not anti God. I just don't like the traditional version. He speaks through a lot of misogynistic men. I think it's time for a fresh look.