• Door A

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • Door B

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KillJoy

In doubt? Throttle out!
Help me understand the logic. If you've been thinking about it for so long, surely there is a good reason that you would contemplate choosing B.

I'm the kind of person who has to be able to talk to someone, somehow. Im not 100% dependent on human interaction 24/7, but it's nice to have someone to talk to. Sure, you might be able to talk to the "slave" but it obviously could not answer back. You can't talk to anyone on the outside world and they can't talk to you. You're isolated. I hold my family and friends as the same thing, both of which I value so incredibly much. Not being able to have contact with them. The material "non electric" items could keep me entertained for a little while but would not be able to last me 20 years. All of that would most likely cause major mental stress (for me at least). I can barely sit in a chair for more than 5 minutes, how the hell am I going to be able to last in a room for 20 years?:lol:

I could never kill myself, but when it comes to the standards of Door A, I have no idea if I could do it or not (picking Door A). Which keeps me going between options.

Im tired, working on a huge project before I take a 200 question mid-term. Im pretty sure I got the main parts of my reasoning out.

EDIT:
P.S:
When I say "a while," I do not mean X amount of years. I mean that I had someone ask me this question a little over a month ago.

Last edited:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Door A is a no brainer...

First of all, there is no prohibition against written material...newspapers, magazines, books.

You can still keep up with current events and society changes and can adapt accordingly when you get out. There are lots of ways to entertain oneself without electricity...people have done it for centuries. Yes it would suck to have no one to talk to, but with books, newspapers and plenty of paper to write on, I'd survive. It would also suck to be away from family and friends and not be able to be there for them through their life's ups and downs, but how is being dead going to change that aspect of it?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Door A is a no brainer...
Really? If I picked door A I'd be locked away for 20 years.

If I picked door B, I'd grab the gun, shoot the idiot who selected me for this hair brained experiment and then walk away.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Really? If I picked door A I'd be locked away for 20 years.

If I picked door B, I'd grab the gun, shoot the idiot who selected me for this hair brained experiment and then walk away.
You don't think he is hanging around do you? If they were smart enough to get you in there they wouldn't be stupid enough to wait around for you to wake up.