Which door?

• Door A

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • Door B

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beerlover

I would choose door A. Hell, I've been locked in a cubicle much smaller than that room for the last 20 years without the benefit of even a single clone. Plus, you would be able to have newspapers to keep up with the outside world and all the books you could ever read. It doesn't actually sound that bad. I don't have to pay rent or utilities, do I? If you could write and receive letters that would allow you some communication as well, although not face-to-face.

backagain39

I have thought about this question for quite a while and I still cannot make a choice. I felt like sharing this with others to see what you guys would think.

You wake to find yourself in a plain room with two doors opposite each other and a note on the table. Reading the note, you find that you have been selected for a scientific study into human psychology.

The note tells you that the experiment takes place over the next 20 years, and you may not leave until that time is up. It tells you to press button A to open room A or B to open room B. By opening one door, you permanently lock the other door. By pressing both buttons simultaneously, you permanently lock both.

Behind door A is a hemispherical room with radius twice your height, in which you would be constantly observed. If you enter that room, you may request (by speaking into the microphone in that room) to have an identical clone of any person you name or describe brought to you, including real life versions of fictional characters. The clone will obey whatever you command without question. You may switch your clone for another human once every month, but if you want to get rid of your clone you can kill it without any consequences. The clone CANNOT speak. It’s like a zombie that can obey basic instructions like “bend over”, “come here”, “massage my feet” etc. The clone comes naked and won’t obey any instruction to harm you.

You can also request as many inanimate, NON-ELECTRONIC objects to be brought to you as you want, as long as there is judged to be no way that you could use the item to kill yourself or escape. If you do attempt to kill yourself, you will be sedated and returned to your room, with the items you used permanently removed. (Remember that you can ask to have all the essentials brought to you whenever you want; a bed, meals, drink etc). You will be force-fed if you choose to starve yourself.

Behind door B is a gun and a bullet.

Which would you choose, and why?

I think if you had time to think this up then you have too much time on your hands....Get a HOBBY!!!!!

:cartwheel:cartwheel:cartwheel:cartwheel

DangerousCurves

No doubt about it...door A. After 20 years, I will have written the great American novel entitled "How to go mad in 20 years...without being married".

E

(((echo)))

I'd stay in the main room for 19yrs and 364 days and then to door B....
load the gun and shoot the floor just for shiats and giggles

KillJoy

In doubt? Throttle out!
I think if you had time to think this up then you have too much time on your hands....Get a HOBBY!!!!!

:cartwheel:cartwheel:cartwheel:cartwheel

You are totally correct because spend 24/7/365 thinking about it.....

Please, be for real. I do plenty with my life; it's just one of those things in the back of the mind.