Double Standards

What would you think ?

• With the price of gas, I would be understanding and not cross the yellow line illegally

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • I would demand the law do something.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I would think they are idiots and endangering themselves and others

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • I would be madder than a wet hen.

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I say "live and let live." I have no problem with the Amish being in the area and using public roads. If I were in too much of a hurry to wait it out behind a buggy for a safe place to pass, it would be the result of poor planning on my part. That brings up a good point - the Amish presence on the roads, and doing business with the Amish, remind me of the value of patience and help me practice it. Also, being willing to accept that the road isn't my racetrack is a good thing!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Railroad said:
I say "live and let live." I have no problem with the Amish being in the area and using public roads.
:yeahthat:

I drove in SoMD for over 10 years without running over any Amish buggies. You just look out for them and if they slow you down, BFD. Would you freak out of you got stuck behind a school bus?

People are such road ragers these days, I swear. :rolleyes:

OrneryPest

lower life form
gumbo said:
What would you say if you had to follow behind lots of people that are non Amish doing this down no shouldered roads that you need to travel.

I don't see a problem. I'd probably be on my bicycle anyhow, and wouldn't be going much faster than he is.

I've got no problem sharing the road with Amish buggies. They usually run about 11 - 14 MPH, and I can easily slow down to that speed (with either a car or a bike) for the distance it'll be until I can pass safely.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Heck, at first glance, I thought that was a pic of Gumbo hauling his prospective new racer back to his shop for an overhaul! :lmao:

I've come up upon the Amish and their buggies a few times in the past, and I don't have a problem waiting until I can find a stretch to pass.
I find the view of their mode of transportation quaint and refreshing; a caricature snapshot out of the past and all.

On the other hand, I was at the local Sheets this morning, and I saw an Amish gal talking on her cell phone at the gas pumps! Welcome to the present!

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
I have traveled down RT236 everyday for the last 10 years and not once have I seen a car or a truck stay behind a buggy and not pass on a double yellow line.

Last edited:
M

missperky

gumbo said:
I have traveled down RT246 everyday for the last 10 years and not once have I seen a car or a truck stay behind a buggy and not pass on a double yellow line.
I have passed them myself and I have seen others do so too, you can pass them on a double yellow line with caution.

MMDad

Lem Putt
missperky said:
I have passed them myself and I have seen others do so too, you can pass them on a double yellow line with caution.
Why wouldn't you just get in the left lane to pass? Have you ever seen a buggy on Rt. 246?

M

missperky

MMDad said:
Why wouldn't you just get in the left lane to pass? Have you ever seen a buggy on Rt. 246?
:killingme Not on 246, but on the back roads..:killingme

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
gumbo said:
I have traveled down RT246 everyday for the last 10 years and not once have I seen a car or a truck stay behind a buggy and not pass on a double yellow line.
Type O......... :jameo: Rt 236

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
MMDad said:
WOW ! Your right for the first time in your sorry azz life,
you caught a type o.
I bet you just can't wait to get home and tell the wife all about it.
With your big accomplishment you might even get lucky ?
I'm sorry that was unthoughtful of me to say that you might get lucky.

I forgot ..My Bad !

SeaRide

Gumbo,

I don't know what you're getting all riled up for. Have you heard of sharing the road, huh?
I don't care if you haven't seen a combine or a sprayer rolling down the road in the last ten year but would you get all riled up over any farm machine going down slowly on the road ..just even ONE time in your life?!

If you say yes, congrats..you're a mental.

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
SeaRide said:
Gumbo,

I don't know what you're getting all riled up for. Have you heard of sharing the road, huh?
I don't care if you haven't seen a combine or a sprayer rolling down the road in the last ten year but would you get all riled up over any farm machine going down slowly on the road ..just even ONE time in your life?!

If you say yes, congrats..you're a mental.
Dear dip sheot I could care less.
However I have this issue with people who lie..to others or themselves.
(oh I would never do that ) Bull Sheot !
I will do 10 miles an hour or less and follow a buggy for the next 10 miles before I would cross the double yellow line...
They might if they are out joy riding other than that >>BS
People make bad judgments everyday and I'm tied of hearing the I would never do that .
You just got fired from your job, your wife just called and said people are at your house repossessing your furniture and your daughter is telling you on your cell phone that she is pregnant by the hoodlum down the street.
Now an Amish buggy just pulled out in front of you..
Kiss mine you don't know if you would or wouldn't pass on a double yellow line that day. :wench: Now go on and lie to me, tell me how your this sound up standing person that is always 100%

Pete

Repete
gumbo said:
Dear dip sheot I could care less.
However I have this issue with people who lie..to others or themselves.
(oh I would never do that ) Bull Sheot !
I will do 10 miles an hour or less and follow a buggy for the next 10 miles before I would cross the double yellow line...
They might if they are out joy riding other than that >>BS
People make bad judgments everyday and I'm tied of hearing the I would never do that .
You just got fired from your job, your wife just called and said people are at your house repossessing your furniture and your daughter is telling you on your cell phone that she is pregnant by the hoodlum down the street.
Now an Amish buggy just pulled out in front of you..
Kiss mine you don't know if you would or wouldn't pass on a double yellow line that day. :wench: Now go on and lie to me, tell me how your this sound up standing person that is always 100%
Your foreskin is showing. :ohwell:

MMDad

Lem Putt
gumbo said:
WOW ! Your right for the first time in your sorry azz life,
you caught a type o.
I bet you just can't wait to get home and tell the wife all about it.
With your big accomplishment you might even get lucky ?
I'm sorry that was unthoughtful of me to say that you might get lucky.

I forgot ..My Bad !
Ken King is the one that caught your typo, not me. I realize you have a fixation on me, but let it go. You are not my type, no matter how much you wish you were.