Dr Cafferty phone disconnected

sickofit

Sick of it

Please Please don't defend him anyone. Dr. Cafferty doesn't give a s@#! about anyone but Dr. Cafferty and his awful wife Stephanie who ruined his practice. She was a piece of crap and he is a man who could not put his foot down. He is not sick the only thing he is sick with is how to run an office. So he had a heart attach over a year ago, people recover and go on do not make excuses for his sorry A@S. I for one am filling a complaint with the Maryland Board of Physicians. You can find the complaint online, I encourage everyone to take the time and fill this form out. He can't get away with the way he has treated his patients. Some are very sick and needed to see him my only hope is no one died over this. What an jackass! :1bdz:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Please Please don't defend him anyone. Dr. Cafferty doesn't give a s@#! about anyone but Dr. Cafferty and his awful wife Stephanie who ruined his practice. She was a piece of crap and he is a man who could not put his foot down. He is not sick the only thing he is sick with is how to run an office. So he had a heart attach over a year ago, people recover and go on do not make excuses for his sorry A@S. I for one am filling a complaint with the Maryland Board of Physicians. You can find the complaint online, I encourage everyone to take the time and fill this form out. He can't get away with the way he has treated his patients. Some are very sick and needed to see him my only hope is no one died over this. What an jackass! :1bdz:

What did his heart attach to?

Hank

my war
I just got a letter in the mail informing me that he is closing his practice and all medical records will be transferrred to Calvert Primary Care in Solomons...

flyingdog

I just got a letter in the mail informing me that he is closing his practice and all medical records will be transferrred to Calvert Primary Care in Solomons...

Me, too.

I wasn't going there anymore either. Went once and waited hours and they kept telling me it would not be much longer. I wrote a complaint letter about his 'staff' and only after was I informed it was his wife. It is too bad b/c I was never able to tell if he was a good doc since it was ruined by my office experience.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
I also only went there once and left because they were insisting I had to switch my primary doctor to Dr. Cafferty and I was only there for a consultation so I refused. I was then told I would have to pay $225.00 to see the doctor then and I decided "Stuff that!" and left!

ROXYBOARD15

Just an FYI- after numerous attempts to Calvert primary Care- I finally reached someone. She said that Dr. Cafferty did have some medical records moved there... but some are "missing"- she will get back to me within a few days to let me know if they have mine or not...

:burning:

Oh and if you need your records (like me who is now scared to not have a copy myself) it is a 25$ which I think is crap since I didn't want mine moved in the first place!

Last edited:

ROXYBOARD15

Yeah I asked how they could charge a fee for getting my medical records since I did not request the transfer nor could I get them b/c his office closed so early- her response- well that's just how it is. Great so IF my records aren't lost then I get to sign a medical records release (funny- they didn't need it to move it before) and pay a 25$ fee for my own records.

I get that a lot of places charge a fee for a copy of your medical records unless you have them sent directly to another doctor, but in this case I think it's BS- I didn't want my records to go there.

Gripper

Yeah I asked how they could charge a fee for getting my medical records since I did not request the transfer nor could I get them b/c his office closed so early- her response- well that's just how it is. Great so IF my records aren't lost then I get to sign a medical records release (funny- they didn't need it to move it before) and pay a 25$ fee for my own records.

I get that a lot of places charge a fee for a copy of your medical records unless you have them sent directly to another doctor, but in this case I think it's BS- I didn't want my records to go there.

I got the same story... I always got copies of test results from Dr C but we had some done in December and I can't get those. He won't return my calls and Calvert Primary said they can't be sure they have them. I can make an appt and they will check or I can request the records and pay the fee and hope they are in there. The whole thing is very frustrating.

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
I am sure the Calvert doctor is getting flooded with calls everyday. It must be frustrating for them also. I wonder if they knew what they were getting into.

I dont think there is anything in my record I have to have so I am just going to start fresh somewhere else. I am not going to go to the Calvert place. I am just thankful I have been done with my Lyme treatment for a few years now and do not have to deal with the headache. I feel bad for the people currently in treatment with unanswered questions.

Gripper

I am sure the Calvert doctor is getting flooded with calls everyday. It must be frustrating for them also. I wonder if they knew what they were getting into.

I dont think there is anything in my record I have to have so I am just going to start fresh somewhere else. I am not going to go to the Calvert place. I am just thankful I have been done with my Lyme treatment for a few years now and do not have to deal with the headache. I feel bad for the people currently in treatment with unanswered questions.

Calvert is def frustrated and I don't blame them in the least. It should not happen this way.

Im done with treatment too. Unfortunately, my children are not. And I have called lyme Dr after Dr and keep hearing the same thing - no children. I just hope no one becomes really sick before I can find another Dr willing to treat children with lyme. Best of luck to everyone. Stupid disease. :-(

mmesser0

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!
Calvert is def frustrated and I don't blame them in the least. It should not happen this way.

Im done with treatment too. Unfortunately, my children are not. And I have called lyme Dr after Dr and keep hearing the same thing - no children. I just hope no one becomes really sick before I can find another Dr willing to treat children with lyme. Best of luck to everyone. Stupid disease. :-(

That's terrible to hear. Best of luck to you and your children.

About his "heart attack"... my husband spoke to his surgeon today that Cafferty referred him to. My husband let him know that Cafferty was no longer in business so that he wouldn't send any reports to him. The surgeon asked why he wasn't practicing anymore and my husband told him because of health reasons (and let him know he had a heart attack last year.) The surgeon said Cafferty did not have a heart attack. The reason he closed for a while last year was because Cafferty got in trouble for prescribing pain meds to so many people (and he knows that for a fact). This surgeon told my husband that the majority of his patients that were referred by Cafferty were taking all sorts of pain meds and was very alarmed. He was surprised that my husband wasn't on any. (My husband hates taking that crap and definitely didn't want to become addicted either, so he would refuse when Cafferty offered them)

This whole situation is just a huge mess. I haven't spoken to Calvert Primary, but it sounds like I shouldn't bother. I think we will just find another PCP and have our records sent to them. I hope all of you who are truly sick find a new, caring doctor asap!

sinwagon

That's terrible to hear. Best of luck to you and your children.

About his "heart attack"... my husband spoke to his surgeon today that Cafferty referred him to. My husband let him know that Cafferty was no longer in business so that he wouldn't send any reports to him. The surgeon asked why he wasn't practicing anymore and my husband told him because of health reasons (and let him know he had a heart attack last year.) The surgeon said Cafferty did not have a heart attack. The reason he closed for a while last year was because Cafferty got in trouble for prescribing pain meds to so many people (and he knows that for a fact). This surgeon told my husband that the majority of his patients that were referred by Cafferty were taking all sorts of pain meds and was very alarmed. He was surprised that my husband wasn't on any. (My husband hates taking that crap and definitely didn't want to become addicted either, so he would refuse when Cafferty offered them)

This whole situation is just a huge mess. I haven't spoken to Calvert Primary, but it sounds like I shouldn't bother. I think we will just find another PCP and have our records sent to them. I hope all of you who are truly sick find a new, caring doctor asap!

Dr. Cafferty was a "joke" to all in the medical field. The pharmacists laugh, even the doctor in which he referred to looked at me funny when I mentioned how he misdiagnosed me with lyme and just said "no comment" and the infectious disease doctor at Georgetown WHERE HE TRAINED really thought he was a joke since I was one of many who came through not actually having lyme whe Cafferty stated I did.