dress

greyhound

If I had to pick between the two, it would be the second dress. The first one in my opinion, isn't a dress for a wedding. You should never out dress the bride.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
kwillia said:
I think the first one has a trashy look to it...
I agree. It looks cheap in both senses of the word. The second is much prettier and more elegant.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Both are inappropriate for a wedding where you are simply a guest. Out-dressing even the bridesmaids is in bad taste. A nice, subtle evening suit would be a better choice.

greyhound

vraiblonde said:
Both are inappropriate for a wedding where you are simply a guest. Out-dressing even the bridesmaids is in bad taste. A nice, subtle evening suit would be a better choice.

:yay:

cdsulhoff

That's to I need to call the bride! It has been awhile sine I have been to a wedding..

Ok So those two are out of the question. On the search again.. LOL

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Black Tie

* For men, black-tie denotes a single or double-breasted dinner jacket with a black silk bow tie (properly referred to as a dinner jacket, but commonly called "tuxedo" or "tux.").
* For women, an invitation to a black tie event means wearing a long, floor length evening dresses or evening separates. A short cocktail dress may be appropriate for some cocktail receptions, summer events, or daytime functions.
* At international affairs, men and women are often invited to wear traditional formal attire from their country.
* Military personnel wear an equivalent uniform.

http://www.advancedetiquette.com/newsletter/may04_issue.htm