Dressage peeps?

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
How much of a fool will I make myself out to be by attempting to ride in a dressage show at HP on Nov. 18th? All I have is Hunt Seat clothing, will that do for a schooling show? Someone said I needed white gloves, but only if I have white pants. I am going to take a dressage lesson on the 12th. I just want to do it for fun. I heard the judge was reputable, but I don't want to make a mockery out of the show. Help!

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
You are most certainly allowed to ride in hunt attire and with hunt tack. The rules state conservative color jacket (blue is fine!) light shirt (white or very pale pastel colors) and tan/khaki/light grey/white pants.

You'll want to ride with a longer leg, this does not necessarily mean longer stirrup for most people. You want to open the angle from your hip and the stirrup iron should hit at your ankle bone. Straight line ear/shoulder/hip/heel. Keep your shoulders back, no hunt seat. Butt remains in the saddle. Toes face forward, not out. Thumbs up.

What level are you riding? First level and up you have to do sitting trot, except for some optional rising on extended trot.

You do not need white gloves.

Also, at a schooling show you'd be a allowed to show in a polo shirt conservative colored britches.

No boots/wraps/bandages AT ALL on your horse. Nothing.

DQ2B

You'll be fine, follow Phyxius's advice. Also make sure you are using a "legal" bit. While I highly doubt there will be a bit checker at the show, the judge would nail you if the bit is clearly illegal for dressage.

eventrder

Its a schooling show you will be fine, judges seem to me a little more lax at schooling shows. especially if you will be doing Intro A or B, or even Training 1 and 2. Pay attention to the bottom of the test there will be a part for collective marks that will be marks on you and your horse. Those are always intresting to read! Good Luck hope you have fun!

IntegritysDream

i might do that! im just going to ware a nice polo and my breeches tall boots and gloves, unless its cold, then my navy jacket white shirt with pin stripes and so on..

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I guess my double twist won't work?:whistle: I was hoping to watch others go and just follow what they do.:lmao: I do that for hunter courses all of the time. Then someone said I should actually practice!:killingme I was told they could call out the test to me. I think I will go with that! I will tell you guys my scores when I get back from the show. I am going to pretend to be a dressage rider just like Phyxius pretends to be a hunter rider. (She knows I am teasing her!:huggy:Don't give me red for that!) SHe does well in the hunter ring....maybe I can be convertable too!:patriot:

devinej

convertability haha. i will ride in the show too. i practiced on my horsie hahahahahaha. chris did all sorts of stuff with the footing in the ring today, took out a mountain of sand, put in some rock dust or something...i think its ok...maybe i will ride in there tomorrow and find out.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
convertability haha. i will ride in the show too. i practiced on my horsie hahahahahaha. chris did all sorts of stuff with the footing in the ring today, took out a mountain of sand, put in some rock dust or something...i think its ok...maybe i will ride in there tomorrow and find out.

:yahoo: FINALLY!!! I can't wait to see it.

IntegritysDream

indy refuses to canter in the indoor hes like its too deep, id actully have to pick up my feet! is it odd that im jamming to music at 930 at night?

devinej

uuuuhhh no music jamming is totally appropriate. i've got dave matthews on, i heart him. i sure hope the footing turns out better...i was a little confused when he was adding More to it...

IntegritysDream

lmao my mom came in and was like... uhh its 930... and the music is very loud... are you ok? and im like... um yeah why.. i guess casue im normally crashed by now, but i got a burst of energy all of a sudden! lmaoo... yea id be confused too... adding moreeee... hmm, will i see you thur?

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
uuuuhhh no music jamming is totally appropriate. i've got dave matthews on, i heart him. i sure hope the footing turns out better...i was a little confused when he was adding More to it...

I think he was going to take all the sand out, resurface it, add that stuff and then put some of the sand back in.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I guess my double twist won't work?:whistle: I was hoping to watch others go and just follow what they do.:lmao: I do that for hunter courses all of the time. Then someone said I should actually practice!:killingme I was told they could call out the test to me. I think I will go with that! I will tell you guys my scores when I get back from the show. I am going to pretend to be a dressage rider just like Phyxius pretends to be a hunter rider. (She knows I am teasing her!:huggy:Don't give me red for that!) SHe does well in the hunter ring....maybe I can be convertable too!:patriot:

:killingme Yeah, I've beat you in the hunter ring, haven't I. :lmao: (I'm just kidding too) It's too funny that we have to clarify that on here sometimes. :duel: Hey, this is the 18th right? What's the close date? *gasp* I think I'm free that weekend.

devinej

yayayayay come to the show!!! no close date, lower entry fees perhaps due a week before. yes its the 18th, check the calendar at Hollypoint Equestrian Center it will be fun!!! i'm gonna ride my horsie. perhaps training level. and maybe my pony too