Dressage peeps?

devinej

i shall ride my pony. i def. scored better on her than i should have at the event a couple weeks ago (the judge wrote on the card "this attractive pony has a lot of potential!" hehehehehehe. we were totally bent to the outside (spooking at the dressage ring and letters) not picking up our canter, slapping the reins on the neck in order to canter because of spooking, and still scored a 40 (60%) . we did get an 8 on our turn to center line, i was very proud of that turn haha. although turns to center line are remarkably easier on 13.3 hand ponies than 17 hand horses....

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
You forgot to mention, "ride in the show". You're supposed to be riding Bay Breeze, right? What tests?

Actually I was going to let one of the dressage trainers ride her. Maybe someone would want to buy her then. I will let Sadie drag me around. I don't know what I will do, probably something that doesn't take much talent, concentration, or memory space. I LOVE that you can have someone read you what to do!

appaholic

Actually I was going to let one of the dressage trainers ride her. Maybe someone would want to buy her then. I will let Sadie drag me around. I don't know what I will do, probably something that doesn't take much talent, concentration, or memory space. I LOVE that you can have someone read you what to do!

Sadie you will have fun. A friend talked me into going to Michele's in April and I made a fool of myself but it was still fun. The thing I think is neat about dressage is it really seems to help with so much you do with your horse. And I thought I would use a caller/reader for the second test but it came to me - after a moment! Good luck.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
:huggy: I needed to try something new. I am running out of "first times" for so many things.:lmao:
Sadie you will have fun. A friend talked me into going to Michele's in April and I made a fool of myself but it was still fun. The thing I think is neat about dressage is it really seems to help with so much you do with your horse. And I thought I would use a caller/reader for the second test but it came to me - after a moment! Good luck.

Sparks

I think you can download it off of Holly Points website. I didn't know you rode dressage! If for some reason you can't find it, let me know and I will track it down.

HA!! I don't! :lmao: How hard can a walk-trot test be? :lmao:
(I did actually do that sort of stuff in Pony Club a thousand years ago)

Sparks

Why not? Nothing else could be more important could it? :whistle: Are you bringing the baby to the dressage show? Registration deadline is this Sunday.

You mean you can't just show up? Oh, that's right, you have specific times to ride? Hmmm. I can't really commit now so guess I'll have to pass on that one too.

Last edited:

IntegritysDream

OH OH and in dressage if you go off course, you get rung at with a bell and then they put you where your suppose to be.. you dont get eliminated unless you do it more then twice i think in one test!

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I am confused again....some dressage tests it is good to get high scores and some it is better to get low scores? I am confused. We could play a game and guess who will get the closest to my actual score. :lmao: It will be like playing the lottery. I could take the winner to lunch. MMMMM I like Baja Fresh, but Cerro Grande' is closer. Who wants to play? I will be riding Sadie and I have never done dressage before. You won't offend me by your guesses. I will think it is funny. First I need someone to explain what a normal score might be!:lmao:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I am confused again....some dressage tests it is good to get high scores and some it is better to get low scores? I am confused. We could play a game and guess who will get the closest to my actual score. :lmao: It will be like playing the lottery. I could take the winner to lunch. MMMMM I like Baja Fresh, but Cerro Grande' is closer. Who wants to play? I will be riding Sadie and I have never done dressage before. You won't offend me by your guesses. I will think it is funny. First I need someone to explain what a normal score might be!:lmao:

It's bad to get high scores on eventing dressage tests because there they give you PENALTY points. The scores equate over to percentages if you want to see how you rate, but the tests/levels are slightly different.

Nowadays there's a big range on normal. At a schooling show, your first one on a young horse I'd say you'd probably get anywhere from 50% - 65% since you're doing intro. You'd have to really have a wired horse to get the 50% or a great ride to get the 65%.

Also, no clucking/clicking or rail side coaching. Each time it's considered a "use of voice" and you get two points off.

Last edited:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
when will or how do we find out when our ride times are?

I have nothing to do with the dressage stuff, but I did put in a request for a special time since I know who is running it.:lmao: I think she is working on it today. If you want to come laugh at me, I will probably be riding around 11:30 ish...:whistle: I just have a feeling. (I hope so)