Drugged horse?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
blueeyedangel said:
He was bred in North Carolina and his registered name is Santos Mocha Chip, however we haven't sent the AQHA papers in yet for him, but we're planning to soon. I'm not sure about the breeder - I'll have to grab the papers and check but he's got some nice lines.

You got a sale pony and paid top price for it too...

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Cowgirl said:
:smack: Be nice. It's her first horse. She's excited, and she has a reason to be.

I'm sure he'll be a great horse, blueeyed! :huggy:

good luck

Last edited:
R

riderup

Work with a good trainer and he should come along well. How long is your trial period?

R

riderup

blueeyedangel said:
Well guys. I bought him, and he's absolutely amazing. We showed up unannounced today (they thought we were coming on wednesday/thursday) but were more than willing to let me play with him and ride him, etc. He was still the same quiet guy. He's getting his feet done tomorrow at their expense (he had a slight case of thrush and I told them that we would not buy him at 5000$ unless it was taken care of immediatly)... (maybe I sound like a snooty buyer. I hope not, but I don't want to care for a horse that had issues prior to purchase), and I went to feed him his dinner and he spilled it all over, a good indication to me that he needed his teeth floated. They put me in contact with the local vets and I'm going to set that up.
By the way, they were more than willing to let me bring my vet out but because they're an hour away, and it's so expensive for my normal vet(s), it was hard to get them out. But, he's coming home in a month and life will be good (we're just finishing off the pasture and the grass is FINALLY starting to grow.)

Also, from the symptoms you all described, I don't think he was drugged. Although he is just so laid back, I'm thinking that's his personality though.

Sorry I'm typing so much, but anyways, ON TO PICTURES! :)
I would show up a couple more times unannounced, and ride him some more..

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
This is what I got this am..

Drugged horse? 04-03-2007 08:57 AM Why do you feel you have to burst this kid's bubble? Yea, she paid too much for one of Melvin's horses but she's a kid and the deed is done. Now she just need support. Perhaps you should try to walk in her shoes for a while.

Drugged horse? 04-03-2007 08:37 AM Heres the even funnier thing, we saw that horse 2 weeks ago, in the stall CRIBBING lol, oh well theres always one out there

Drugged horse? 04-02-2007 10:39 PM Piss off scum bag...go back to breeding roaches...SMIB slut

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Pasofever said:

Drugged horse? 04-03-2007 08:57 AM Why do you feel you have to burst this kid's bubble? Yea, she paid too much for one of Melvin's horses but she's a kid and the deed is done. Now she just need support. Perhaps you should try to walk in her shoes for a while.

Drugged horse? 04-03-2007 08:37 AM Heres the even funnier thing, we saw that horse 2 weeks ago, in the stall CRIBBING lol, oh well theres always one out there

Drugged horse? 04-02-2007 10:39 PM Piss off scum bag...go back to breeding roaches...SMIB slut

Paso ... :wench: you SMIB slut. We need shirts with that on the back. :killingme

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Pasofever said:

If he's a cribber, better add some electric to the top rails!! :whistle:

blueeyedangel

riderup said:
What are you going to do with him? English or Western?

A little bit of both, more english though once I've worked with him on it. I'd also like to do a little sidesaddle down the road, too. :)