Duke Lacrosse coach quits.....

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Did you hear about that new email they found. One of the players wrote that he wanted to invite more strippers over so he could kill them and skin them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
mv_princess said:
One of the players wrote that he wanted to invite more strippers over so he could kill them and skin them.
When I saw that, I assumed that the kid was just popping off, as young males are wont to do.

Do they have any evidence in this other than the woman's word? Because that's all I've heard, and I find it hard to believe they'd suspend the whole team and make them submit to DNA tests just because some hooker says she was raped. They aren't even talking about injuries, even though she says she was beaten and choked.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
vraiblonde said:
When I saw that, I assumed that the kid was just popping off, as young males are wont to do.

Do they have any evidence in this other than the woman's word? Because that's all I've heard, and I find it hard to believe they'd suspend the whole team and make them submit to DNA tests just because some hooker says she was raped. They aren't even talking about injuries, even though she says she was beaten and choked.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
vraiblonde said:
I agree.
She was a stripper, not a hooker. I know the difference is probably negligible, but there is a difference nonetheless. And I don't think you can go by what the media is saying, there could be lots more to the case than we know about.

Midnightrider

vraiblonde said:

from what i understand, its two strippers' (not hookers) words and there was some physical evidence. check out the smoking gun, they have the whole story. Including the most recent email.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Nickel said:
She was a stripper, not a hooker. I know the difference is probably negligible, but there is a difference nonetheless. And I don't think you can go by what the media is saying, there could be lots more to the case than we know about.
One of the news dudes said that she was also a hooker. But being neither here nor there, I'm not willing to excoriate the Duke lacrosse team because of these sketchy news reports.

Apparently the whole town of Durham is up in arms about this and demanding blood. Duke students (not even lacrosse players) are being accosted in town by pitchfork wielding citizens. I'm just curious why this huge uproar over mere allegations from a woman of ill-repute.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
vraiblonde said:
One of the news dudes said that she was also a hooker. But being neither here nor there, I'm not willing to excoriate the Duke lacrosse team because of these sketchy news reports.

Apparently the whole town of Durham is up in arms about this and demanding blood. Duke students (not even lacrosse players) are being accosted in town by pitchfork wielding citizens. I'm just curious why this huge uproar over mere allegations from a woman of ill-repute.
I agree that the WHOLE team shouldn't be pigeonholed as a bunch of rapists, if in fact it was only 3 individuals who actually raped her. I think they should find another way to go about collecting evidence. Being accused of rape, even if done collectively, is really going to hinder their livelihood. I can't account for the way the townspeople are acting, it could be a case of Jonathon Lyles-isms and it may just be a large group of stripper groupies that are acting out. Who knows. :shrug::lol:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
I have to say there is probably ALOT more than we are going to hear about it. Because well if they just came up and told us the truth what fun would that be!!

But they wouldn't have kicked a whole team to the curb just because of one story, if they didn't think it was true, they would have kept the whole thing under-wraps at the school.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
mv_princess said:
But they wouldn't have kicked a whole team to the curb just because of one story, if they didn't think it was true, they would have kept the whole thing under-wraps at the school.
All it takes is for one reporter to find out, and it's all over the news. Then the University has a knee jerk reaction and tries to "make it right" and ends up punishing a lot of innocent kids. :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
mv_princess said:
The school HAS been trying to keep it under wraps, pending investigation. But the media glommed onto the story and blasted it all over, now the public is pissed at the school for keeping it on the DL.

They're also angry because none of the players will come forward with a statement, which is ridiculous because I would assume you'd not be out running your mouth if you've been accused of a crime, regardless of whether you actually did it or not.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
I am not saying that the media didn't take this too far. Or that the school hasn't done it's job. I think they are both at fault.

I don't think any of the players SHOULD be talking. I am not sure why they are trying to make them. But if you did do something that was wrong would you come forward to police and say you were at fault?

I think the whole thing is dumb. Why would you go to house get naked, with a bunch of college frat boys who have been drinking. And think nothing would happen? She probably has a man and he found out she slept with them. Now she is calling wolf.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
I am not saying she got what she had coming.

Nor am I saying they were right or wrong, or she is right or wrong.

I wasn't there.

Otter

Nothing to see here
mv_princess said:
She probably has a man and he found out she slept with them. Now she is calling wolf.

Shoulda known it was Blitzer that started this witchhunt. :rolleyes:

Midnightrider

vraiblonde said:

First, don't think this is race baiting, but from what i understand, a lot of this has to do with the racial make up of the town vs the university, and the fact that the men who are accused are white, and the woman is black. Additionally there was a report that earlier that day someone had called in to the police about guys at the house using the N word towards passers-by. Not that it justifys anything, but i think it explains the townies' reactions a little.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is Duke...

vraiblonde said:

...the fact that they had a party like this at all, or at least that it came to light, is a profound embarrassment for the university, alumni and faculty.

This ain't Miami.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry Gude said:
...the fact that they had a party like this at all, or at least that it came to light, is a profound embarrassment for the university, alumni and faculty.
I don't know a lot about Duke except that they have a good basketball team (unless that's some other college I'm thinking of :lol: ). The whole story just seems disjointed to me, and I'm not ready to pull out my pitchfork just yet.