Ebonics...not again!

ylexot said:
Some idiot is bringing ebonics back...

Incorporating Ebonics into a new school policy that targets black students, the lowest-achieving group in the San Bernardino City Unified School District, may provide students a more well-rounded curriculum, "because they are too stupid to learn how to speak english properly, thus we must legitimize their way of speaking in an effort to continue to prevent them from standing on their own two feet and realizing that the Democratic party is NOT their friend" said a local sociologist. :rolleyes:
stupid, condecending liberal puke.:spank: :banghead:

Toxick

Splat
ylexot said:
Sheeeet, man, that honkey mus' be messin' my old lady got to be runnin' col' upside down his head!

Hey Holm, I can dig it! You know he ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap upon you man!

ylexot said:
I say hey sky, s'other say I won say I pray to J I get the same ol' same ol.

Knock yourself a pro slick. Gray matter back got perform us down I take TCBin', man!

ylexot said:
You know wha' they say: See a broad to get that bodiac lay 'er down and smack 'em yack 'em!

Col' got to be! Yo!

She-yit!

ylexot

Super Genius
Toxick said:
Hey Holm, I can dig it! You know he ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap upon you man!

Knock yourself a pro slick. Gray matter back got perform us down I take TCBin', man!

Col' got to be! Yo!

She-yit!
Excuse me Miss, I speak jive. :lol:

Toxick

Splat
vraiblonde said:
Racists piss me off.

Well, just so you know:
My use of the word "honkey" was quoted from another source, and was spoken purely in jest.

And any goddam cracker who gets offended by it can kiss my ass.

Mikeinsmd

Toxick said:

Col' got to be! Yo! She-yit!
Who gets to lay :nomoney: ??? :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Toxick said:
Well, just so you know:
My use of the word "honkey" was quoted from another source, and was spoken purely in jest.
I ain bou you, G, I tawkin bou dem whu seh is some forn lanwage or somn.

Sheeiii....

ylexot

Super Genius
Jiveman1: Bet babe, slide a piece a da porter, drink si' run th' java.
Subtitle: I WOULD LIKE THE STEAK PLEASE.
Jiveman2: Lookie here, I can dig grease and butter on some draggin' fruit garden.
Subtitle: I'LL HAVE THE FISH.
Jivemn2 : S'mo fo butter layin' to the bone. Jackin' me up. Tightly.
Attndnt : I'm sorry I don't understand.
Jivemn1 : Cutty say he cant hang.
Woman4 : Oh stewardess, I speak jive.
Attndnt : Ohhhh, good.
Woman4 : He said that he's in great pain and he wants to know if you can help him.
Attndnt : Would you tell him to just relax and I'll be back as soon as I can with some medicine.
Woman : Jus' hang loose blooood. She goonna catch up on the' rebound a de medcide.
Jivemn2 : What it is big mamma, my mamma didn't raise no dummy, I dug her rap.
Woman4 : Cut me som' slac' jak! Chump don wan no help, chump don git no help. Jive @ss dude don got no brains anyhow.
:killingme

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
huntr1 said:
stupid, condecending liberal puke.:spank: :banghead:
I thought this quote was interesting:

She compared the low performance of black students to starvation. "How can you be angry when you feed a family of starving children?'
My theory is that the activists want desperately to be heroes for the "downtrodden." They're so wrapped up in wanting to "do good" that they don't realize this basic fact--many of the students don't know proper English because their teachers and parents aren't doing their jobs. If they really want to do good, they would force teachers to either teach better or leave the profession.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Tonio said:
My theory is that the activists want desperately to be heroes for the "downtrodden." They're so wrapped up in wanting to "do good" that they don't realize this basic fact--many of the students don't know proper English because their teachers and parents aren't doing their jobs. If they really want to do good, they would force teachers to either teach better or leave the profession.
:yay:
It's the worst case scenario of "paving the road to hell with good intentions". Sure, teachers may increase black attendance and graduation rates, whereafter, they could run around relishing the joy of their apparent genius. But consider those graduates: they will still be on a separate, lower scale and at an obvious disadvantage. So, it may be delayed 10 or 15 years, but the school system's failure will most certainly catch up to them.

From the article: "The goal of the district's policy is to improve black students' academic performance by keeping them interested in school." Right. Great idea. And if this little scheme doesn't work, perhaps science class should be replaced by "Da Best Rappers", where students can discuss the intricacies and implications of rap by Jay-Z, 50 Cent and other contemporary artists.

More: "a dialect of American English that is spoken by many blacks throughout the country"... "a separate language". It's spoken by kids whose parents are too ignorant and/or under-educated to use proper English and who don't care if their kids stay glued to MTV 12 hours/day, and this is all reiterated by a spineless educational system. Following this logic, "Southern Redneck" should also be a dialect. And "New England Yankee", because they have unique terms and an accent as well. My BS alarm is going off and it's about to pop a fuse.

And more: "She [Mary Texeira, supporter] said a child's self confidence is tied to his or her cultural identity." Great thought... too bad it's misdirected. Why not try to educate them as Americans?! Why attempt to "improve" them by making them weaker?

One of the greatest stories I ever read was the biography of Frederick Douglass. He was born into the slave culture but had a caring family. Early in his life he was eager to learn. He began to read and write, despite the knowledge that engaging in those activities could earn him a severe beating or even death. He put everything on the line to become educated and genuinely advance himself, particularly in the study of Abolitionism. He never asked society for absurd privileges, entitlements or rights beyond those which should be bestowed upon every man.

I can only imagine that he would be severely distraught and disappointed to see where his people are today. To have the freedom and opportunity to succeed to an extraordinary level... but so often it is thrown away. :ohwell: