Eclipse

I am excited about it because I haven't heard ANYTHING about Russia, Charlottesville, or N Korea this morning and it can't be blamed on Trump. NOW, if you look at it without the proper glasses and go blind, then that will be his fault.

The eclipse is Trump's fault. :coffee:

Wishbone

I now have an entirely empty office.

Everyone is outside watching an 80% eclipse.

:feet-up-on-desk:

Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Am I the only one who doesn't care about this?
:crazy:

well it is a once in a 500 yr or more event .... but who are you going to tell 2 or 3 generations from now .....
Oh Great Great Great Grandma was alive during the 2017 Eclipse

:shrug:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I now have an entirely empty office.

Everyone is outside watching an 80% eclipse.

:feet-up-on-desk:

Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

:yay:

my area emptied out about 15 min ago ....... nap time

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Now we know...

FB_IMG_1503336567440.jpg

lovinmaryland

My girlfriend lives in Bend and its been insane there apparently. Traffic miles and miles long, threat of running out of water/gas/electricity, etc...

PsyOps

Pixelated
Am I the only one who doesn't care about this? My Mom (in Lincoln, NE) just called and said people are thronging into town, the rooftop bars are packed, and hotels are sold out....with people coming into town for the eclipse.

• Got to watch us go to the moon
  • Got to witness the first space shuttle
  • Was alive when polio was eradicated
  • Was here when the internet was born
  • Was alive when cell phone were invented
  • Can take pictures with that phone
  • Lived to tell about 911
  • Was part of the military to go to war with radical Islam
  • Lived at the same time the greatest guitar player to ever play
  • Witnessed a full solar eclipse that crossed the entire country

Just a few awesome stories to tell my grandkids. I think that sort of makes for a pretty awesome time to be alive.

PsyOps

Pixelated
well it is a once in a 500 yr or more event .... but who are you going to tell 2 or 3 generations from now .....
Oh Great Great Great Grandma was alive during the 2017 Eclipse

:shrug:

Uh, the last time it happened like this, coast to coast, was in 1918.

Last edited:

hotbikermama40

Our whole office got eclipse glasses and we'll be watching from the parking lot.

I think it's cool to see something like this as it happens once in a blue moon, but I'm not about to take my vacation time and travel for it.

Ditto for me - the last time I hoped to see one, it was cloudy and no good for visibility. I think it was a big deal for me, just because I'd never seen one before - even at only 83%, or whatever it was. Now I can say I did. But no, vaca time and money spent to see it at 100%? Cray-cray

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Just got back to my brothers house. We traveled about 3.5 hours to orangeburg, SC, where we witnessed an awesome spectacle of 2:22 of total eclipse. Really humbling to witness such majesty in the skies. Our God is an awesome God, for sure.

The Eclipse glasses, along with the #12 welders mask did the trick in preserving the old eyeballs.

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Am I the only one who doesn't care about this? My Mom (in Lincoln, NE) just called and said people are thronging into town, the rooftop bars are packed, and hotels are sold out....with people coming into town for the eclipse.

I thought it was pretty cool! :yay: I had 1 pair of glasses and gave the other pair to Thing1 to take to work and share. A couple of others at work had glasses, so we all shared and took turns going outside to check on the progress as the moon made it's way across the sun. We also made a viewer with a piece of paper, and viewed it that way. We also have clients that we were assisting in viewing it, so that was another reason we were doing it.

It was fun! :biggrin:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I thought it was pretty neat. My boss had a pair of glasses she shared with me and another co-worker also had a pair. Myself and another guy also had the paper with the pen hole in it. There was a bunch of us standing outside sharing and having a good time. Someone's spouse was out with her group having a party, snacking on items such as sun chips, Sunkist drinks, Eclipse gum, moon pies, etc. :lol:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
For future planning purposes, here is the predicted eclipse path for 5/8/24.

image.jpg

You should be able to pick up the lightly used eclipse glasses tomorrow.

Last edited: