Eclipse

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Taking pictures with just my cellphone - you can even see a reflection of the eclipse below the sun in the picture. (It's very small and looks like a sliver of the moon).

We also did the pinhole viewer and the one picture shows that reflection.

Finally, the really dark picture was taping the glasses to the camera's eye and taking pics that way. It looked totally different than when you looked through the glasses with tour own eyes.

ForumRunner_20170821_210409.jpg

ForumRunner_20170821_210553.jpg

ForumRunner_20170821_210435.jpg

ForumRunner_20170821_210616.jpg

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
I liked a comment I heard today on the news. They said it was encouraging that people of all walks of life came together to watch Mother Nature in all her awesomeness; and nothing bad happened.

That is a good thing. :smile: :peace:, y'all.

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

I liked a comment I heard today on the news. They said it was encouraging that people of all walks of life came together to watch Mother Nature in all her awesomeness; and nothing bad happened.

That is a good thing. :smile: :peace:, y'all.

It was nice to see Americans focus on something positive for once.

SamSpade

We were in Baltimore for a meeting with my daughter's doctors.

It was totally overcast and we couldn't have seen the sun even if there had been NO eclipse. Just too many clouds.

It got a little dark at the peak time, but it was indistinguishable from any other day when a storm hits town in the afternoon.

So no eclipse for us. I'll have to wait for the next one.

PsyOps

Pixelated
We were in Baltimore for a meeting with my daughter's doctors.

It was totally overcast and we couldn't have seen the sun even if there had been NO eclipse. Just too many clouds.

It got a little dark at the peak time, but it was indistinguishable from any other day when a storm hits town in the afternoon.

So no eclipse for us. I'll have to wait for the next one.

:poorbaby:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I think Sappy was going to use the "box viewer" technique that I provided guidance for (copied below). Hope it wasn't overcast where ever he was.

eclipse viewing.jpg

inkah

I thought it was pretty neat. My boss had a pair of glasses she shared with me and another co-worker also had a pair. Myself and another guy also had the paper with the pen hole in it. There was a bunch of us standing outside sharing and having a good time. Someone's spouse was out with her group having a party, snacking on items such as sun chips, Sunkist drinks, Eclipse gum, moon pies, etc. :lol:

Wonder if your co-worker's wife works with me..

Office party on the lawn with tents, Sunkist, SUNdaes, starburst, eclipse gum, moon pies, two cereal box viewers, one cardboard "telescope", a pair of specialty binoculars, MANY viewing glasses (ordered months ago), most of the office, friends, family and former co-workers.

Good times, fun photos and a pretty cool event to witness - even at 80ish%. I'm glad we did it.

Grumpy

Was in Myrtle Beach(just got back)..bit cloudy but it was quite eerie when it got to 98% totality. Finished a round of golf at noon, and headed back to where I was staying, luckily I had to go north..every main road going south was bumper to bumper. A friend left Myrtle Beach after the event, heading for Savannah..said they went 38 miles in 2 hours on 95..ugh..Was afraid I would hit traffic this morning coming home but traffic was light to moderate, made the same time coming home as when I went down last Thursday.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Was in Myrtle Beach(just got back)..bit cloudy but it was quite eerie when it got to 98% totality. Finished a round of golf at noon, and headed back to where I was staying, luckily I had to go north..every main road going south was bumper to bumper. A friend left Myrtle Beach after the event, heading for Savannah..said they went 38 miles in 2 hours on 95..ugh..Was afraid I would hit traffic this morning coming home but traffic was light to moderate, made the same time coming home as when I went down last Thursday.

We altered our planned location Sunday evening to Orangeburg, SC. We feared the traffic fiasco on the I'states (saw online they started shutting down 95 and 26 about noon). US 301, from I-16 in central GA, was normal traffic both before and after the event. Beautiful weather from about 15 minutes in through the 2:22 of totality made the day rock. I am so glad I made the trek from Tampa to see it.

mitzi

Taking pictures with just my cellphone - you can even see a reflection of the eclipse below the sun in the picture. (It's very small and looks like a sliver of the moon).

We also did the pinhole viewer and the one picture shows that reflection.

Finally, the really dark picture was taping the glasses to the camera's eye and taking pics that way. It looked totally different than when you looked through the glasses with tour own eyes.

View attachment 119726

View attachment 119729

View attachment 119727

View attachment 119730

Is that a reflection? It's in all of my pictures, looks like a tiny crescent moon. I've been asking all over since yesterday what it was.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Is that a reflection? It's in all of my pictures, looks like a tiny crescent moon. I've been asking all over since yesterday what it was.

It was in the pictures of one of my co-worker friends, too. I'm guessing a reflection of some kind of the actual eclipse. I don't know what the scientific explanation of it would be. :lmao:

I think it's kind of like the pics I've seen all over FB showing little crescent moon shadowy things --which I'm guessing were shadows from the eclipse -- that people have taken pics of.

mitzi

It was in the pictures of one of my co-worker friends, too. I'm guessing a reflection of some kind of the actual eclipse. I don't know what the scientific explanation of it would be. :lmao:

I think it's kind of like the pics I've seen all over FB showing little crescent moon shadowy things --which I'm guessing were shadows from the eclipse -- that people have taken pics of.

When I looked at my pics, I thought WTH is that? The sun did not look like an eclipse, it looked like it was exploding and then I see the tiny moon/sun. I thought it was pretty awesome what the camera picked up. Maybe NASA can give me the scientific explanation if I write them lol.

Last edited: