Economic Impact Payments

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
A place to report whether you have received yours, yet or to pass on other relative info.

If you want to check the status of yours -you can go here: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

On the right hand side of the page there is a "Get My Payment" Link

I have not received mine.

Thing1 HAS received his - and it was not there at 6am - but right about 7am. (Cedar Point Fed Credit Union) (FYI, Thing1 is a SSDI recipient, but he also filed 2018 taxes and his last name starts with a different letter)

I clicked on the link and followed all the instructions and it gave me this message "According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time.”

I Googled that message and found a website where others are reporting that same message, and that it might be a "glitch". :ohwell: I'll keep checking.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I have not received mine.

My Account was a few $$$ Richer Yesterday

Scat

“For security reasons, the IRS plans to mail a letter about the economic impact payment to the taxpayer’s last known address within 15 days after the payment is paid. The letter will provide information on how the payment was made and how to report any failure to receive the payment. ”
:lmao::lmao:

Escalade14

Go Rams!
Not surprisingly, the Get My Payment part is down. I tried earlier, all I kept getting was 'payment status not available'. I hear if you try too many times, it will lock you out for 24 hours, so if you can't get through, try not to attempt too much.

Part of me thinks maybe the website crashed due to the influx of people trying to find out where their money is, while another part of me just feels like saying either 'what do you expect from the government?' or 'that's the IRS for you - as incompetent as they get'.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The government sucks at this. I applied for unemployment 3 weeks ago and still haven't received the debit card, yet I was notified today that there was a payment on it. There is also supposed to be $600 extra from the federal program, but the amount did not reflect that.

Calling MD unemployment is a futile effort.

So I have no idea where my money is, and it's not the correct amount anyway.

Bann

PREMO Member
“For security reasons, the IRS plans to mail a letter about the economic impact payment to the taxpayer’s last known address within 15 days after the payment is paid. The letter will provide information on how the payment was made and how to report any failure to receive the payment. ”
:lmao::lmao:
Right? That will help. :rolleyes:

Bann

PREMO Member
The government sucks at this. I applied for unemployment 3 weeks ago and still haven't received the debit card, yet I was notified today that there was a payment on it. There is also supposed to be $600 extra from the federal program, but the amount did not reflect that.

Calling MD unemployment is a futile effort.

So I have no idea where my money is, and it's not the correct amount anyway.
Almost the same here. I applied on 3/24 and haven't received the debit card (as of yesterday) AND I have not received notification that there is a payment on it. (when I check the WEBCERT page it says no payments have been sent out in the last 30 days)

Feels like I'm being smited.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My folks were holding off applying for unemployment because the PPP was supposed to be the better way to go. Well now..no PPP and no unemployment either. I'm about to the "Eff it all" point and just tell them to file for unemployment now.

Bann

PREMO Member
FIFY. Yet people are steady screaming for the government to step in and provide for them and continue to erode your rights.

I get what you're saying, but I'm not exactly screaming. I have money I can still access for emergencies, BUT I dang well want the money I am entitled to apply for to hurry up and get here. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I feel for people who are relying on this to feed their family and keep a roof over their head. I'm fortunate that I have a cushion but I remember well when I didn't, and an upset like this would have been a catastrophe. That's why I want to smack the chit out of clueless tards who think this is just a vacation for everyone. "Yay! Enjoy your time off!"

:shutup:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My son received his this morning. I followed bann's link and entered my info only to have it kicked back and lock me out. Damn cell phone. I received a paper check this year, but had direct deposit last year, which MD intercepted for back taxes I owed. For any CPFCU members, do you use just 6 digits for the account number, or include the suffix? Did you use a dash symbol in between? I thought I had it right, but it refused the acct number. :mad:

Now I have to wait 24 hours to retry. :mad::mad:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I get what you're saying, but I'm not exactly screaming. I have money I can still access for emergencies, BUT I dang well want the money I am entitled to apply for to hurry up and get here. :yay:
I'm talking about the ones you see on FB calling for Martial Law with NG given police powers and are totally cool with suspending all your rights. What effin kills me is seeing you, Vrai, FF, Gilligan, Chris et. al; struggle to get resolutions to something that the government had planned as far as aid.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
My son received his this morning. I followed bann's link and entered my info only to have it kicked back and lock me out. Damn cell phone. I received a paper check this year, but had direct deposit last year, which MD intercepted for back taxes I owed. For any CPFCU members, do you use just 6 digits for the account number, or include the suffix? Did you use a dash symbol in between? I thought I had it right, but it refused the acct number. :mad:

Now I have to wait 24 hours to retry. :mad::mad:
I just use my 6 digit acct number.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My folks were holding off applying for unemployment because the PPP was supposed to be the better way to go. Well now..no PPP and no unemployment either. I'm about to the "Eff it all" point and just tell them to file for unemployment now.

PPP is a mess. Trump keeps saying it's such a fabulous success but I don't know a single business owner who has received it. We tried to go that route and it was like a freaking Gordian knot. Now would be a great time to be a tax cheat because these people have no idea WTF is going on.

Bann

PREMO Member
I think I have figured this out. I filed Thing 1 and my 2018 taxes last year - BUT - I owed money! Under $100. So there was no bank account number on my return. Thing1 had a refund.

I just filed our 2019 taxes this past weekend, since I never file them early. BUT, I got a refund this year, so ... the bank account info for direct deposit was just updated. So...it will be processed at a later time. :lol:

Update your bank account or mailing address
  • If we don’t have your direct deposit information from 2018 or 2019 return – and we haven’t yet sent your payment – use the Get My Payment application to let us know where to send your direct deposit. (this did not work for me)
  • 2019 Filers: We will send your payment using the information you provided with your 2019 tax return. You will not be able to change it.
  • 2018 Filers: If you need to change your account information or mailing address, file your 2019 taxes electronically as soon as possible. That is the only way to let us know your new information.
Note: We are not currently able to process individual paper tax returns due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

Get more information about Economic Impact Payments
Visit our Economic Impact Payments Information Center to answer your questions about eligibility, payment amounts, what to expect, when to expect it and more.