Economic Impact Payments

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I feel for people who are relying on this to feed their family and keep a roof over their head. I'm fortunate that I have a cushion but I remember well when I didn't, and an upset like this would have been a catastrophe. That's why I want to smack the chit out of clueless tards who think this is just a vacation for everyone. "Yay! Enjoy your time off!"

:shutup:

I'm all for a long weekend here and there -but I hate this crap. We all will be paying the piper in the long run.

Bann

PREMO Member
My son received his this morning. I followed bann's link and entered my info only to have it kicked back and lock me out. Damn cell phone. I received a paper check this year, but had direct deposit last year, which MD intercepted for back taxes I owed. For any CPFCU members, do you use just 6 digits for the account number, or include the suffix? Did you use a dash symbol in between? I thought I had it right, but it refused the acct number. :mad:

Now I have to wait 24 hours to retry. :mad::mad:
I used the 6 digit number on one and the suffix on the other, as I noticed (between Thing1 and I)

Anyway, I've never been kicked out of the IRS site, yet! And I've checked several times. :jet: (not like it's going to change!)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
MD unemployment is over run with claims ..... last yr when I filed everything arrived in a timely fashion

figuing out the portal to file my job searches as a PITA

Bann

PREMO Member
I'm talking about the ones you see on FB calling for Martial Law with NG given police powers and are totally cool with suspending all your rights. What effin kills me is seeing you, Vrai, FF, Gilligan, Chris et. al; struggle to get resolutions to something that the government had planned as far as aid.
I've tried to remain calm, and rational throughout all of this.

But I freaking draw that line at the stupid masks! :cds:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
PPP is a mess. Trump keeps saying it's such a fabulous success but I don't know a single business owner who has received it. We tried to go that route and it was like a freaking Gordian knot. Now would be a great time to be a tax cheat because these people have no idea WTF is going on.
I saw an interview with the president of a small local bank in rural Tenn town this morning. He said that his team had managed to start processing PPP applications for existing bank customers around 2 April and that every one of the PPP loans they processed was approved. Asked how many that was, he answered "113".

Clem72

The government sucks at this. I applied for unemployment 3 weeks ago and still haven't received the debit card, yet I was notified today that there was a payment on it. There is also supposed to be $600 extra from the federal program, but the amount did not reflect that.

Calling MD unemployment is a futile effort.

So I have no idea where my money is, and it's not the correct amount anyway.

Unemployment? I legitimately thought this website was your job, and it could be done from home (or on the road as it seems you always are).

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Unemployment? I legitimately thought this website was your job, and it could be done from home (or on the road as it seems you always are).

Our advertisers (how we make money) are almost exclusively small businesses. When they shut their doors, they can no longer pay us, which impacts our ability to pay for things like server space and various internet services and, you know, paychecks.

Did you think I just log on and get showered with money?

Chris0nllyn

The government sucks at this. I applied for unemployment 3 weeks ago and still haven't received the debit card, yet I was notified today that there was a payment on it. There is also supposed to be $600 extra from the federal program, but the amount did not reflect that.

Calling MD unemployment is a futile effort.

So I have no idea where my money is, and it's not the correct amount anyway.
Did you fill out the tax form and send back?
Did you get the email on how much you'd get?
Did you get a letter saying the card was on the way?
My wife just got her card after applying about 3 weeks ago so yours shouldn't be far behind assuming all the steps were completed.

The additional $600 will be included starting this Friday.

PPP is a mess. Trump keeps saying it's such a fabulous success but I don't know a single business owner who has received it. We tried to go that route and it was like a freaking Gordian knot. Now would be a great time to be a tax cheat because these people have no idea WTF is going on.

My wife got it. So there's one business.

Chris0nllyn

MD unemployment is over run with claims ..... last yr when I filed everything arrived in a timely fashion

figuing out the portal to file my job searches as a PITA

You don't need to fill that out. Just say "No" for 10 weeks.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I opted to not get taxes taken out of my payments.
Nope.
Nope.

But I did get an email saying that my weekly funds have been added to my account, confirmed on the MD UI website.

So they're going bass ackwards.

Bann

PREMO Member
My wife just got her card after applying about 3 weeks ago so yours shouldn't be far behind assuming all the steps were completed.

I didn't get an email or a card yet. I filed 3 weeks ago, also. On 3/24

Bann

PREMO Member

OH, yeah - and no letter saying anything.

I did send back the form to withhold taxes, though.