Economic Impact Payments

Lump

Mine is in this morning
The government sucks at this. I applied for unemployment 3 weeks ago and still haven't received the debit card, yet I was notified today that there was a payment on it. There is also supposed to be $600 extra from the federal program, but the amount did not reflect that.

Calling MD unemployment is a futile effort.

So I have no idea where my money is, and it's not the correct amount anyway.
https://www.today.com/money/free-app-donotpay-can-help-you-quickly-file-unemployment-t178657

Saw this report this morning. Might be worth a try

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I used the 6 digit number on one and the suffix on the other, as I noticed (between Thing1 and I)

Anyway, I've never been kicked out of the IRS site, yet! And I've checked several times. :jet: (not like it's going to change!)
So, how did you type it out, ####### or ######-#? I think I used the second format with a dash and got kicked out.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Did you fill out the tax form and send back?
Did you get the email on how much you'd get?
Did you get a letter saying the card was on the way?
My wife just got her card after applying about 3 weeks ago so yours shouldn't be far behind assuming all the steps were completed.

The additional $600 will be included starting this Friday.

My wife got it. So there's one business.

She is drawing unemployment and collecting PPP for her business?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
So, how did you type it out, ####### or ######-#? I think I used the second format with a dash and got kicked out.
I looked back at my previous years' taxes and I did it both ways! :lol:
I don't think it matters. The suffix is just an indicator of what account to direct it to. At the very least, the money will go into one of them - since they are all part of the main ###### account.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I looked back at my previous years' taxes and I did it both ways! :lol:
I don't think it matters. The suffix is just an indicator of what account to direct it to. At the very least, the money will go into one of them - since they are all part of the main ###### account.
Thanks. I understand that to be a fact when using the normal IRS website. This stimulus website looks like it was thrown together by a temp agency. Their wording is ambiguous, and it's easy to burn through those 3 attempts in my situation. I suppose I'll just say **** it and wait for a paper check.

Bann

PREMO Member
Thanks. I understand that to be a fact when using the normal IRS website. This stimulus website looks like it was thrown together by a temp agency. Their wording is ambiguous, and it's easy to burn through those 3 attempts in my situation. I suppose I'll just say **** it and wait for a paper check.
Yeah, and there are a LOT of links to click on every page and wade through. :lol:

Oh well - until my 2019 Tax Return is approved, the IRS won't have my banking information. The "Get My Payment" tool, which I SHOULD be able to use to enter that information does not work in my situation. (Last year, I owed $$ and elected to pay that by my debit card, not electronic withdrawal.)

Between the 2019 Tax Refund, the EIP, AND the Maryland Unemployment (it's going on 3 weeks I will be owed) - when all this money finally hits the bank it will look like I won a lottery or something. :lol:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Yeah, and there are a LOT of links to click on every page and wade through. :lol:

Oh well - until my 2019 Tax Return is approved, the IRS won't have my banking information. The "Get My Payment" tool, which I SHOULD be able to use to enter that information does not work in my situation. (Last year, I owed $$ and elected to pay that by my debit card, not electronic withdrawal.)

Between the 2019 Tax Refund, the EIP, AND the Maryland Unemployment (it's going on 3 weeks I will be owed) - when all this money finally hits the bank it will look like I won a lottery or something. :lol:
That's pretty much the same thing I ran into. Because of my specific filing situation the past 2 years, I'm kind of screwed. Mine is going towards getting the Trail Blazer, which was the "family car", back on the road. My refund was supposed to cover that, but incidentals of changing jobs and my ER visit ate the refund pretty quickly.

Bann

PREMO Member
That's pretty much the same thing I ran into. Because of my specific filing situation the past 2 years, I'm kind of screwed. Mine is going towards getting the Trail Blazer, which was the "family car", back on the road. My refund was supposed to cover that, but incidentals of changing jobs and my ER visit ate the refund pretty quickly.

Tell me about it! :lol: I replaced a washer AND dryer in March! :lol:

It's all good - that's why I planned ahead financially. :yay: