Eggs

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Down to $1.22. I think.... getting old is the pits...
I think many times the stores sell eggs at or below cost to get customers in the store. Eggs are one of those staple items that almost every household uses, so a low price on eggs can get buyers into the store where they will buy other things as well.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Not about eggs, but what many season with. I love my Celtic Sea Salt, (fine ground), for seasoning. Back in Dec 2021, I bought a 5lb bag for $37.99 on Amazon. Bag has since been getting used and now is nearly empty. Went to buy more before running out. Well holy poop Batman, the prices now for Celtic Sea Salt has gone parabolic. Now, on Amazon, the 5lb bag is currently unavailable, and a 1lb bag will now set ya back $47.99!

It appears Celtic Sea Salt is the new gold, but at least you can eat and need salt.

If you look for the 5lb bag on eBay this is what you'll find ... $37.99 to $149.95!!!!!!!!! A 294.709% increase in the course of a little than a year and a half.

1691159127773.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: TPD

stgislander

PREMO Member

Not about eggs, but what many season with. I love my Celtic Sea Salt, (fine ground), for seasoning. Back in Dec 2021, I bought a 5lb bag for $37.99 on Amazon. Bag has since been getting used and now is nearly empty. Went to buy more before running out. Well holy poop Batman, the prices now for Celtic Sea Salt has gone parabolic. Now, on Amazon, the 5lb bag is currently unavailable, and a 1lb bag will now set ya back $47.99!

It appears Celtic Sea Salt is the new gold, but at least you can eat and need salt.

If you look for the 5lb bag on eBay this is what you'll find ... $37.99 to $149.95!!!!!!!!! A 294.709% increase in the course of a little than a year and a half.

View attachment 171915
For salt. :faint:

DogWhisperer

The word "destroyed" was used a lot for chickens and turkeys. Bird flu?

58 and 59 looks to be the same. Others also looks like possible duplicates.
There may be mistakes in there. Journalism has gone downhill over the past 10 years in my opinion. Misspelling on scrolls to just plain getting stories wrong. Anyway, it seems that for a while we were hearing about food plant fires and train derailments and I've rarely heard any follow up stories as to what happened. Shock media?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
There may be mistakes in there. Journalism has gone downhill over the past 10 years in my opinion. Misspelling on scrolls to just plain getting stories wrong. Anyway, it seems that for a while we were hearing about food plant fires and train derailments and I've rarely heard any follow up stories as to what happened. Shock media?
Agreed.

LightRoasted

If I may ...

For salt. :faint:

It's not just salt, but Fine Ground Celtic Sea Salt. The stuff is awesome, has a great taste and also has natural trace minerals. If you ever see some, get it and try it. You'll never use regular table salt ever again.

stgislander

PREMO Member

It's not just salt, but Fine Ground Celtic Sea Salt. The stuff is awesome, has a great taste and also has natural trace minerals. If you ever see some, get it and try it. You'll never use regular table salt ever again.
So it's not as good as the pink Himalayan salt my wife purchases?

LightRoasted

If I may ...

So it's not as good as the pink Himalayan salt my wife purchases?

It is better. Himalayan salt comes from a mine in Pakistan. Celtic Sea Salt comes from seawater in the estuaries near the town of Guérande in France where the combined effects of wind and sun evaporates the water leaving the salt to be harvested. There is a distinctive difference in taste and mineral content between the two. I used to use pink Himalayan salt until I tried Celtic Sea Salt.

Kinnakeet

Wh

View attachment 171915
whats wrong with regular salt

LightRoasted

If I may ...

whats wrong with regular salt

It is basically stripped down to its basic elemental property, straight sodium chloride. Regular table salt is a refined salt. Table salt “chemically cleaned” is sodium chloride that has been stripped of most of it accompanying minerals. Table salt is 97.5% refined sodium chloride and 2.5% chemicals such as moisture absorbents, calcium carbonate, magnesium carbonate, and aluminum hydroxide – added to improve the ability of table salt to pour. Aluminum is a light alloy that deposits into the brain, a potential contributor to Alzheimer’s disease. Our bodies are designed to receive sodium chloride in combination with other minerals and trace elements as are found in natural salt. Unrefined salt allows liquids to freely cross the 80 trillion or so cell membranes that make up our body.

Nature provides us in abundance with natural salts that our bodies can uptake and use accordingly. And while natural salts lack iodine, there are plenty of other ways to get iodine in our diets.

I would say, to go out and find a natural, (unrefined), sea salt, and if you can some Celtic Sea Salt, and give it a try. It adds so much more flavor to foods than straight sodium chloride,and is way more healthier. There is also unrefined Himalayan salt that has a unique taste as well, and its own accompanying minerals. I just prefer the taste and mineral content of Celtic Sea Salt.

Clem72

It is better. Himalayan salt comes from a mine in Pakistan. Celtic Sea Salt comes from seawater in the estuaries near the town of Guérande in France where the combined effects of wind and sun evaporates the water leaving the salt to be harvested. There is a distinctive difference in taste and mineral content between the two. I used to use pink Himalayan salt until I tried Celtic Sea Salt.
So does it have to be that brand, or any sea salt from the Celtic sea like "Fine Grey French Sea Salt (Sel Gris, Celtic) (16 oz, ZIN: 525920)".

There's a 22lb bag of the one you like for $350 on amazon, so like $15 a lb.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
isn't salt salt?
Well, there's Kosher Salt, Table Salt, Fleur De Sel, Sea Salt, Celtic Sea Salt, Flake Salt, Pink Salt, Black Salt, Red Salt, Black Lava Salt, Brining Salts, Flavored Salts

And then there is... Sodium chloride. ( NaCl) potassium sulphate. ( K2SO4) sodium sulphate. ( Na2SO4) calcium sulphate. ( CaSO4) Magnesium sulphate. ( MgSO4) copper sulphate. ( CuSO4) sodium nitrate. ( NaNO3) potassium nitrate (KNO3)

LightRoasted

If I may ...

So does it have to be that brand, or any sea salt from the Celtic sea like "Fine Grey French Sea Salt (Sel Gris, Celtic) (16 oz, ZIN: 525920)".

There's a 22lb bag of the one you like for $350 on amazon, so like $15 a lb.

Nope. Not at all. As long as it is an unrefined natural salt harvested with its natural accompaniment of minerals.

Though I'm not spending $350 for salt, $15lb, regardless if it's natural. I'll find another brand before I'll pay that extortionist amount.

Kinnakeet

Well, there's Kosher Salt, Table Salt, Fleur De Sel, Sea Salt, Celtic Sea Salt, Flake Salt, Pink Salt, Black Salt, Red Salt, Black Lava Salt, Brining Salts, Flavored Salts

And then there is... Sodium chloride. ( NaCl) potassium sulphate. ( K2SO4) sodium sulphate. ( Na2SO4) calcium sulphate. ( CaSO4) Magnesium sulphate. ( MgSO4) copper sulphate. ( CuSO4) sodium nitrate. ( NaNO3) potassium nitrate (KNO3)
What exactly is Kosher salt? is it better than regular salt I know it is bigger than table salt