Election fatigue

Are you suffering from extreme election fatigue?

• Yes. Instead of counting sheep at night, I'm counting delegates.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • No. I'm loving every moment of it. This is good fun.

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Yes. I'm sick of hearing about the whole thing. Hurry up with the Olympics already.

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No. I am an undecided voter starving for information.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I haven't been watching in the first place.

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Is anyone else starting to suffer from extreme election fatigue?

Yep.

I'm sick of the candidates, sick of politics, sick of the silly sniping - sick of the whole mess. It's like a TV series that jumped the shark years ago, but keeps hanging on.

Pete

Repete
It will take a brief respite today. Hillary is going to lose and Howard Dean is going to call her in for a talk. After she rips out his esophagus for daring to talk to her she will reconsider and pull out of the race NLT Thursday.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
It will take a brief respite today. Hillary is going to lose and Howard Dean is going to call her in for a talk. After she rips out his esophagus for daring to talk to her she will reconsider and pull out of the race NLT Thursday.

...and Howard Dean's response will be, "AAAAhhhheekkkkelleeeiiiii"

MMDad

Lem Putt
Is anyone else starting to suffer from extreme election fatigue?

It's only March. How much longer will it last? :crazy:

Then stop yammering about it. You are part of the problem.

Turn off MSNBC. Turn off MSNBC.com. Go outside - it's beautiful today.

Let the grownups worry about the election. Go be a kid. Develop an interest in a non-latex girl. Play.

awpitt

Main Streeter
It's only March. How much longer will it last? :crazy:

Until Nov 4th. This is one of the most interesting elections we've had in years. A year ago, I would've never thought that the Dem side of things would still be a neck and neck race. The GOP would be in the same situation if it weren't for their winner take all format of awarding delegates

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think...

...it's sad that so many people are sick of the whole thing. Anyone remember the last brokered convention? Anyone interested in truly seeing a party come out and have an honest, public argument over who they are and what they stand for?

This is historic stuff and it's a living, breathing civics lesson for us to enjoy. This is the way it used to be, a true, real fight for the nomination.

If you want some perspective, the goal of campaign finance reforms, which sprung from the Watergate era and was inspired, at least partially, by the McGovern fiasco where a candidate was able to very much operate outside of the wishes of the establishment. The rise of Carter shortly thereafter brought on more changes designed to avoid candidates who might to sincerely represent the views of the more leftward leaning in the party.

We're getting to see an open battle here; the left of the party and it's establishment in nearly open political warfare. This is great theatre for our age and a good thing for a nation that used to relish political campaigns and speeches and a good, honest row.

I will be happy as a clam, however happy they tend to be, if Hillary can stay in this thing and force the super delegates to stand up and be counted. I'll be glued to the results tonight.

:buddies:

ImnoMensa

...it's sad that so many people are sick of the whole thing. Anyone remember the last brokered convention? Anyone interested in truly seeing a party come out and have an honest, public argument over who they are and what they stand for?

This is historic stuff and it's a living, breathing civics lesson for us to enjoy. This is the way it used to be, a true, real fight for the nomination.

If you want some perspective, the goal of campaign finance reforms, which sprung from the Watergate era and was inspired, at least partially, by the McGovern fiasco where a candidate was able to very much operate outside of the wishes of the establishment. The rise of Carter shortly thereafter brought on more changes designed to avoid candidates who might to sincerely represent the views of the more leftward leaning in the party.

We're getting to see an open battle here; the left of the party and it's establishment in nearly open political warfare. This is great theatre for our age and a good thing for a nation that used to relish political campaigns and speeches and a good, honest row.

I will be happy as a clam, however happy they tend to be, if Hillary can stay in this thing and force the super delegates to stand up and be counted. I'll be glued to the results tonight.

Well Larry: you are right again. Both Hillary and Obama have promised to fight to the end. It wont be over tonight IMO , it will just be the end of another round. Things are about to get dirty and it should be great watching these two rip into each other.

It would be a great civics lesson and a great history making occasion if either of them were worth a crap.

And that is the big bone in this piece of fish.

No matter which one wins the country loses,for neither are worth a tinkers damn.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Clintons steal OHIO!!!

No matter which one wins the country loses,for neither are worth a tinkers damn.

Democracy short changed! Thievery! Intrigue! Obama lead in O HI O!!!!

Healed the soliders and fixed them something'.
They finally got to eat on their own.
This summer I hear the drummin'.
Obama lead in Ohio.

Gotta get down to it.
Clintons are cutting us down.
Should have been done long ago.
What if you knew her and
Found her papers on the the ground?
How can you run when you know?

Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na.

Gotta get down to it.
Clinton's are cutting us down.
Should have been done long ago.
What if you knew him and
Found her dead on the ground?
How can you run when you know?

Fixed them soldiers and the second comin'.
We're finally have our own.
This summer I hear the drummin'.
Obama lead in Ohio.
Obama lead in Ohio.
Obama lead in Ohio.
Obama lead in Ohio.
Obama lead in Ohio.
Obama lead in Ohio.
Obama lead in Ohio.
Obama lead in Ohio.
Obama lead in Ohio.

:larry:

AndyMarquisLIVE

It's historic, but it's endless.

MSNBC is all politics, all the time. CNN is all politics, all the time.

They never covered the Super Tuesday storms enough, imo. Now they're not cvovering the crisis in South America which has far reaching implications worldwide.

When the conventions start up, I'd otherwise be interested. It's the fact that media has :deadhorse: and driven everybody INSANE with it. Every conversation at work somehow ends up with a plug for Hillary or Barack and a shot at McCain. It's sickening. :crazy:

I just want it to end.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Larry, Moe, and Curly have been played out for me. I hope we get some real candidates before November.

Pete

Repete
Every conversation at work somehow ends up with a plug for Hillary or Barack and a shot at McCain. It's sickening. :crazy:

I just want it to end.

If you in fact become a conservative and or republican you had better get used to it. It started with Nixon and gets worse every year.

MSM:

Conservatives and republicans =Bad, stupid, corrupt

Liberals, progressives and democrats = Good, enlightened, honest.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Historic maybe, but the fight to the end is not over what each stands for and who each represent, but how much dirt they can throw on each other. Thier goal is not to win votes to thier cause, but to sow dessention and label the other everything short of the Anti-Christ. This is not the sole dominion of the Democrats either, the Republicans are just as guilty of it and the whole thing has driven me away from watching anthing on politics but the numbers because I cannot get an answer as to where they stand, even from an open debate.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ha!

Historic maybe, but the fight to the end is not over what each stands for and who each represent, but how much dirt they can throw on each other. Thier goal is not to win votes to thier cause, but to sow dessention and label the other everything short of the Anti-Christ. This is not the sole dominion of the Democrats either, the Republicans are just as guilty of it and the whole thing has driven me away from watching anthing on politics but the numbers because I cannot get an answer as to where they stand, even from an open debate.

...the ONLY reason we're gonna ever hear a word about WHAT Barrack may actually do is if this keeps up. And don't read any history books if you think this is all somehow beneath you in tone, timbre and substance.

Last edited:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
the whole thing has driven me away from watching anthing on politics but the numbers because I cannot get an answer as to where they stand, even from an open debate.

That's easy. They all stand for getting elected and building their personal wealth and power.
Do you know why health care is important?
Whoever directs how our medical expenses will control a bigger portion of our GNP then the military budget.
That's a LOT of power and a lot of people will pay big $$$ to be included.