Evergreen bullshet

glhs837

Power with Control
Is that something that hooks up to a hitch on your car - if you have one installed - and looks like a flattened chicken wire flat?
Yeah I could do that, but I do need a hitch installed.
Bought mine with the factory tow package, been a lifesaver.

SamSpade

Bought mine with the factory tow package, been a lifesaver.

Wife keeps asking me to take my car to "Trick Trucks"? Something like that? I just wonder how much it would run.
Of course, it's not because she wants me to haul trash. For some reason, she wants stuff like bike racks, a feature which we have never actually
USED even when we have actually TAKEN bikes with us.

Clem72

Same here. but I bought a used "hitchpacker" platform, lets me load up the six-eight 13 gallon bags. and then hurl them straight from that thing into the bin at the transfer station.

I thought about something like this, but what do you use to secure the bags, a tarp? There's also a hitch that holds a 96 gallon bin by the metal bar (same as the trash truck uses to pick it up), but it's "only for use on private property, like long driveways".

Clem72

Wife keeps asking me to take my car to "Trick Trucks"? Something like that? I just wonder how much it would run.
Of course, it's not because she wants me to haul trash. For some reason, she wants stuff like bike racks, a feature which we have never actually

They install hitches at uhaul as well. From their literature they install directly to the frame (I should hope so) and the hitch mount is designed to match the vehicle.

glhs837

Power with Control

Depends on the vehicle and what class you want. I've only added a hitch to one vehicle, the old 2006 SRT Charger. The hitch cost I think $300, I installed it myself, took about an hour. I would recommend a minimum of a 2 inch receiver, even if you dont ever need that, there are a lot more accessories available. What sort of SUV do you have? Oddest haul on it was a vanity we brought home from Fredericksburg on it. N

I thought about something like this, but what do you use to secure the bags, a tarp? There's also a hitch that holds a 96 gallon bin by the metal bar (same as the trash truck uses to pick it up), but it's "only for use on private property, like long driveways".

I use either ratchet straps if the bags are taller, or simple lashing straps. Eight bags form two lines of four, straps go across from side to side. Mines steel, and a it heavy, might get an aluminum one.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I've bought after-market hitches and installed them myself, not expensive, not hard to do. But probably not your thing. Stop in to Trick Trucks, The Hitch Man, any U-Haul, the RV/trailer retailer in Mechanicsville.... Not very expensive. Then Harbor Freight has a couple of different platforms.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
They install hitches at uhaul as well. From their literature they install directly to the frame (I should hope so) and the hitch mount is designed to match the vehicle.
Same at Trick Trucks...they install all types of hitches.

glhs837

Power with Control

158303 158304

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Thanks for the visual, I was thinking tall trash cans sitting on the platform. Does this work at highway speeds? I already have a heck of a drive to the transfer station.
Works with trash cans too. Just tie the handles to the frame and put a bungee cord over the lid. I see lots of people doing this.

glhs837

Power with Control
Thanks for the visual, I was thinking tall trash cans sitting on the platform. Does this work at highway speeds? I already have a heck of a drive to the transfer station.
I was doing trash cans, but it was more of a pain lifting those in and hoisting down. I hit 60-65 on my way 5 miles down to ridge. Secure? Mine are, I make sure, add more straps if I think they are iffy.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I was doing trash cans, but it was more of a pain lifting those in and hoisting down. I hit 60-65 on my way 5 miles down to ridge. Secure? Mine are, I make sure, add more straps if I think they are iffy.
Makes the bike a little unstable too, don't it?

kalmd

Got the letter too. At least Evergreen will empty a 2nd can if you put it out next to theirs. It just cannot have another company's logo on it. Easy solution, buy a 2nd rolling trash can and put them both out.

glhs837

Power with Control
Got the letter too. At least Evergreen will empty a 2nd can if you put it out next to theirs. It just cannot have another company's logo on it. Easy solution, buy a 2nd rolling trash can and put them both out.

You can buy ones with the lift bar right at Lowes, thats where I keep my bags between runs. I was just hoisting them onto the packer, but I was never happy with the weight, fully loaded they hold two 13 gallon bags (And I always pack mine to silly density) and they were high CG. I was able to secure them safely, but it took more time than I liked. But good heavy duty bins they are.

kalmd

You can buy ones with the lift bar right at Lowes, thats where I keep my bags between runs. I was just hoisting them onto the packer, but I was never happy with the weight, fully loaded they hold two 13 gallon bags (And I always pack mine to silly density) and they were high CG. I was able to secure them safely, but it took more time than I liked. But good heavy duty bins they are.

That's exactly what we have. We'll just put both out if needed.

glhs837

Power with Control
Get a $15 oil drum from Burch oil, burn anything that burns. Take your recycles (metals) to the dump once every 3 month

Yeah, I've had neighbors that thought plastic burned awesomely, some maybe not "anything that burns"

Actually passed one of the smaller houses right off 235 late last week and they no crap were burning a friken couch in the front yard.