Explosion in UK Subway

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Very, very horrible. :frown: But I have the awful suspicion it's only the beginning. I predict Italy will be their next target as they are another ally of the US. They were already waffling on continuing to help us in Iraq and it wouldn't take much to get them to pull out.

TWLs wife

So far on the news....

33 ppl dead, they don't about how many on the bus terror attack.

Last edited:
D

dems4me

jazz lady said:
Very, very horrible. :frown: But I have the awful suspicion it's only the beginning. I predict Italy will be their next target as they are another ally of the US. They were already waffling on continuing to help us in Iraq and it wouldn't take much to get them to pull out.

I heard Italy and Denmark :frown:

ylexot

Super Genius
jazz lady said:
I think the UK was targeted more because of the G8 summit than because of their support in Iraq. I heard an interesting thought on the radio...the Live8 concert may have actually helped provide "cover" for the terrorists by using up resources and distracting law enforcement.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
ylexot said:
I think the UK was targeted more because of the G8 summit than because of their support in Iraq. I heard an interesting thought on the radio...the Live8 concert may have actually helped provide "cover" for the terrorists by using up resources and distracting law enforcement.
From what I heard from the group claiming responsibility posted on a web site, the bombs were in direct retaliation for Britain's involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan. The G8 summit was just the perfect opportunity to attack and the hallmark of Al-Qaida attack: it was well-coordinated, timed to happen during a major political event, and consisted of multiple attacks on a transportation system at rush hour.

They also said the group has threated to hit Italy and Denmark next. But I'm sure they have many, many targets and will go after them if the opportunity arises.

ylexot

Super Genius
jazz lady said:
From what I heard from the group claiming responsibility posted on a web site, the bombs were in direct retaliation for Britain's involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan. The G8 summit was just the perfect opportunity to attack and the hallmark of Al-Qaida attack: it was well-coordinated, timed to happen during a major political event, and consisted of multiple attacks on a transportation system at rush hour.

They also said the group has threated to hit Italy and Denmark next. But I'm sure they have many, many targets and will go after them if the opportunity arises.
Anything they say is pure propoganda. Treat it as such.

D

dems4me

jazz lady said:

Also because the Koran mentinos "raids" and that's what the Al Queda claiming responsibility for these attacks in their letter calls them... also it hit a busy financial district. I think we listened to the same program this morning :lol:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
ylexot said:
Anything they say is pure propoganda. Treat it as such.
Yes, it is propoganda. It's fear-mongering at its worst and another hallmark of their cowardly attacks. Just like them reporting "London is burning" and other things that weren't true.

alex

A news caster this morning mentioned the similarity between the timing for the NYC, Madrid and the London attacks. All about 8:50 AM.

I think that for a while the British people may get mad but so many of them are against the war in Iraq so who knows how long that will last before they start calling for Blair to resign.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
Yes, it is propoganda. It's fear-mongering at its worst and another hallmark of their cowardly attacks. Just like them reporting "London is burning" and other things that weren't true.
:yeahthat: Which is precisely why terrorism works so well. Instilling fear in masses...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
alex said:
I think that for a while the British people may get mad but so many of them are against the war in Iraq so who knows how long that will last before they start calling for Blair to resign.
I love you, Alex :love:

This is the problem exactly. These nose-pickers don't take terrorism seriously until it happens in their own backyard, and even THEN they still don't get it. They want to piss and moan about wars and casualties and unilateral whatever, completely disregarding or excusing the terrorists themselves.

Obviously Great Britain is a little more savvy than the press would have you believe, because Blair is still sitting in the PM chair. But it will be mere minutes before the world media starts blaming this on the war and the US.

D

dems4me

The guard planes are flying overhead again here in DC. :ohwell:
Sadly, I don't know if it makes me feel more comfortable knowing they are there for our protection or if it makes me more worried because they are also an ever-present reminder of a possible threat. :ohwell:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We're flying to Columbus tomorrow - it would really piss me off if I have to get an extra shakedown because of this. :mad:

That's something I can't figure out - terrorists hijack a plane and the rest of us get punished for it. :rolleyes:

nomoney

vraiblonde said:
We're flying to Columbus tomorrow - it would really piss me off if I have to get an extra shakedown because of this. :mad:

That's something I can't figure out - terrorists hijack a plane and the rest of us get punished for it. :rolleyes:

ya...beacause we all know that they know who the terrorists are just by looking at them...and only pick on us innocent folks for a few laughs in the break room.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
nomoney said:
ya...beacause we all know that they know who the terrorists are just by looking at them...and only pick on us innocent folks for a few laughs in the break room.
If I was a security guy, I'd single you out for a SPECIAL pat down..

just cuz..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
nomoney said:
Ha! I KNEW it! Damn security tards. :mad:

Mikeinsmd

Wonder where all the British Bush/Blair bashers are now?? Gee, I guess we shouldn't have gone into Iraq after all. :sarcasm: