Expo

Duckz

A $3.75 pretzel. Not bad, considering the $14,999 trailer is what I really wanted :drool:

The expo was fun. It was my first time there. We got to see Steuart Pittman's new OTTB and hear about buying a retired racehorse. Next year I will try to be there longer since there was a lot I didn't get to see! Too much time spent drooling over the trailers :whistle:

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Rolled pigskin for the dog.

I watched Devine in the session she rode in.

I also ordered a new eco-gold half pad for the shows this summer. I have the traditional shaped pads also but using the half-pad only is nice. Now just to find a way to keep it clean at shows. I am thinking that I will get a pillowcase and fold it underneat the half pad. It is thin and will not cause extra bulk. It is somethign that I have to try at home to make sure none of the seams dig into his back.

Cowgirl

I worked there from noon-4 on Thursday. Didn't buy anything, but really wanted to buy one of those air chairs!!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Rolled pigskin for the dog.

I watched Devine in the session she rode in.

I also ordered a new eco-gold half pad for the shows this summer. I have the traditional shaped pads also but using the half-pad only is nice. Now just to find a way to keep it clean at shows. I am thinking that I will get a pillowcase and fold it underneat the half pad. It is thin and will not cause extra bulk. It is somethign that I have to try at home to make sure none of the seams dig into his back.

You still have that pad fetish?

Sparks

HeavyChevy - google Engel half pads. I got one recently and LOVE it. WAY cheaper than ecogold or mattes.

Robin

How were the clinis there with all the horses? Devine sorry I missed your time slot. Had the store open.

Duckz

How were the clinis there with all the horses? Devine sorry I missed your time slot. Had the store open.

The only one I saw all of was the "Buying a Retired Racehorse." It was good, very informative, learned where to start and what to look for.

I also saw a few minutes of a RMH demo. One horse was going around gaited, which was interesting because I've never seen them go before. The other horse was cantering so I'm not sure if it was a different breed and they just happened to be talking about RMHs when I walked by?

devinej

I took my horse shakey man and rode in Steuart's jumping the retired racehorse demo on saturday. it was fun! a little crazy, riding in that atmosphere, WOW. there was one kid crunching his soda can everytime i went by him. wanted to kick him....but Shakey survived, jumped nicely around the teensy course, and i think i got called a "Hunter Queen" which...well...i think I'm far from that....but oh well hahaa.

I bought some apple cider, a sample of some expensive skin stuff. Arbonne? And some CANDY from the CANDY PLACE OMG so much candy!

I also watched Heath Ryan. i think it was called using inside leg to outside rein, but he didn't actually talk about it. we got to see a really cool Friesian and a 26 year old school master do some tricks.

John Lyons rode a little quic Paso Fino in his clinic about putting a stop or speed conrol on your horse. It was neat to watch him go through his process on a gaited horse whose little legs never seem to stop moving. Glad he's back in action.

We watched the first part of Nick Karazissis (or something like that). he had a bunch of novice riders learning about the things that all good riders do when jumping a course.

I had a lot of fun!

Robin

I took my horse shakey man and rode in Steuart's jumping the retired racehorse demo on saturday. it was fun! a little crazy, riding in that atmosphere, WOW. there was one kid crunching his soda can everytime i went by him. wanted to kick him....but Shakey survived, jumped nicely around the teensy course, and i think i got called a "Hunter Queen" which...well...i think I'm far from that....but oh well hahaa.

I bought some apple cider, a sample of some expensive skin stuff. Arbonne? And some CANDY from the CANDY PLACE OMG so much candy!

I also watched Heath Ryan. i think it was called using inside leg to outside rein, but he didn't actually talk about it. we got to see a really cool Friesian and a 26 year old school master do some tricks.

John Lyons rode a little quic Paso Fino in his clinic about putting a stop or speed conrol on your horse. It was neat to watch him go through his process on a gaited horse whose little legs never seem to stop moving. Glad he's back in action.

We watched the first part of Nick Karazissis (or something like that). he had a bunch of novice riders learning about the things that all good riders do when jumping a course.

I had a lot of fun!

I know you were going...I wanted to see Shakeys' demo.

Wow that is cool that he wanted you to participate.

Anyone else have their horse up there?

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
I went opening day, less demo's but then again less of a crowd to deal with. I bought some barrel reins for $10 a piece (finally found all black for Reba), a cross with a barrel racer on it to go on Reba's saddle, black (only had one for flare's), and a bit for Flare.Also bought a cute little pin that said "cowgirls rule" to go on my apron at work. The hay steamer made that whole row smell sooooooooooo good, I imagine if you had it in a barn the horses would go nuts!I took some non-horsey people up there and they kept entertained looking at all the trailers.
We sat down for the stallions and the parade of breeds, wich was really cool, but long. I was disappointed in the vendors, it's sooo much smaller then 2008, but i was happy to see all the different breeds.

Robin

I know 2 yrs ago when I went I noticed the vendor list was smaller along with the other buildings not exhibiting much. The Long walk to the other building on a cold day yuck. I guess the clinics were crowded. How many stallions were there? any new ones? I know I always liked going to see Bob the Trakhener
Sonset's Sieger - Trakehner Stallion
One of our Locals showed him alot.

Last edited:

Cowgirl

I know 2 yrs ago when I went I noticed the vendor list was smaller along with the other buildings not exhibiting much. The Long walk to the other building on a cold day yuck. I guess the clinics were crowded. How many stallions were there? any new ones? I know I always liked going to see Bob the Trakhener
Sonset's Sieger - Trakehner Stallion
One of our Locals showed him alot.

I watched the stallions before I left. I loved the cheeky little haflinger. :lol: I thought his rider made a good decision not to jump him. :lol:

DeeCee

A horse of course!
The only one I saw all of was the "Buying a Retired Racehorse." It was good, very informative, learned where to start and what to look for.

I also saw a few minutes of a RMH demo. One horse was going around gaited, which was interesting because I've never seen them go before. The other horse was cantering so I'm not sure if it was a different breed and they just happened to be talking about RMHs when I walked by?

Both were RMHs and one WAS cantering, by request, to demonstrate that the breed can do all the gaits. He went from a saddle rack straight into a rocking chair canter then back into the saddle rack with very smooth transitions.

I guess you didn't hear all of the breed description? They do all the same gaits as those on your side of the fence do, plus the smooth gaits.

PS on the first day that halflinger did everything in his power to get his rider off, it was WAY longer than any 8 second ride i've ever seen :lol:

Last edited:

Robin

Both were RMHs and one WAS cantering, by request, to demonstrate that the breed can do all the gaits. He went from a saddle rack straight into a rocking chair canter then back into the saddle rack with very smooth transitions.

I guess you didn't hear all of the breed description? They do all the same gaits as those on your side of the fence do, plus the smooth gaits.

PS on the first day that halflinger did everything in his power to get his rider off, it was WAY longer than any 8 second ride i've ever seen :lol:

What happened to your happyappy?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!

Did you see the RMH or the KMSHA demo? All 3 Mountain horses in attendance are double registered.

The black horse was demo-ing for KMSHA the Chocolate horse was demo-ing for RMH. They were doing completely different gaits. One was doing an "acceptable" gait (the stepping pace) and one was doing the "preferred" gait (the saddle rack).

By request, my Buckskin was in both demos to show it's the same horse in both registries. He does the "preferred" gait, the saddle rack, and also cantering, after the announcer said "they can even canter."

Here are some videos with the President of KMSHA riding him in the outdoor ring at the Expo.

YouTube - Hondo-gaiting at the Expo Video 1
and
YouTube - Hondo-gaiting at the Expo Video 2

Last edited: