extreme trail challenge

S

saddlesore

KizerSoSay said:
Its at the Equestrian Center and we have to be there by 9am..but I'm not sure when it starts. Hey what about you? No time like that present time to break ole Rocky in on some obstacles. I can't wait to see the obstacle where you have to travel between the fires :jet:

Travel between the fires?? What in tarnation..?!?[/QUOTE]

I hope you all post pics of this!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
It was rigged.

The winner was on a fantastic little palomino stallion who SO outshone his rider, and had a saddle on him that somebody prolly PAID him 25 bucks to buy. He didn't belong in an "extreme" cowbow competetion, he belonged in a Western pleasure walk jog AND he refused TWO stations!! Well "refused" one and his rider knew he wouldn't walk through one so the fellow backed him through and the buzzer went off as he was coming out the other side of it. Our "cowfolks" (Tim-wildman, SAHRAB, MyLilPony, MGH and PlumLoco) rode like true cowboys that would have made Craig Cameron proud. That fellow would have been laughed off the field for what this should have been. My little one and i wanted to do round 2 until we heard the final outcome. I won't give them one penny for that. We local folks need to find one or do one that is what it's REALLY all about.

To their credit our own all said it was fun and worth doing just for the experience, SO in my BOOK they ALL went first. :yay: big thumb up guys!

Pix coming later tonight.

Last edited:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
KizerSoSay said:
Let me guess, you were there and didn't get pics??

A small group of us took the horses to the beach...a sweet little honey hole we found..anyway I took TONS of pics..we took them in so deep all you saw was ears and noses...one guy on a part draft rode in the water bareback and when the horse started swimming he went to the side all you saw was helmet, ears and nost...lol he went right under..anyway I got my fat preggo paso mare to swim and got wonderful footage I was soaked down to my underwear glad I had a complete change in the trailer...Oh we even got videos but I had 100 pics...wanna guess what else??

2baymares

Pasofever said:
A small group of us took the horses to the beach...a sweet little honey hole we found..anyway I took TONS of pics..we took them in so deep all you saw was ears and noses...one guy on a part draft rode in the water bareback and when the horse started swimming he went to the side all you saw was helmet, ears and nost...lol he went right under..anyway I got my fat preggo paso mare to swim and got wonderful footage I was soaked down to my underwear glad I had a complete change in the trailer...Oh we even got videos but I had 100 pics...wanna guess what else??

Did you really Loose the pics? :twitch:
What a GREAT TIME!! Wish Levin would go in deeper. Too shallow and I could not get on. :whistle: Plus she was Scared of the boats, jetskies, & water tubes coming at us at 60 mph. :shocking:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
2baymares said:
Did you really Loose the pics? :twitch:
What a GREAT TIME!! Wish Levin would go in deeper. Too shallow and I could not get on. :whistle: Plus she was Scared of the boats, jetskies, & water tubes coming at us at 60 mph. :shocking:

Actually I thought they were on the computer and deleted them on the camera...I will NEVER do that again..always check before deleting them I am so so mad...wanna go back today??

2baymares

Pasofever said:
Actually I thought they were on the computer and deleted them on the camera...I will NEVER do that again..always check before deleting them I am so so mad...wanna go back today??

I can't - I am at work all day. :frown:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
2baymares said:
I can't - I am at work all day. :frown:

That sux...is the old man there too? Did you ask him where he was yesterday? I even called him last night..no answer..

2baymares

Pasofever said:
That sux...is the old man there too? Did you ask him where he was yesterday? I even called him last night..no answer..

:lmao: :lmao: YEP, He's workin too. He rode the lake with his friends. :gossip: is afraid of water. :lmao:

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
here are some pictures they did not have a fire they had tiki torches at the gate and did not even light them .. come on happy were are your pictures ???

Attachments

• keitheastwood2.jpg
    keitheastwood2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 83
  • cheriejump.jpg
    cheriejump.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 78
  • maryjumping.jpg
    maryjumping.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 84
  • seanjump.jpg
    seanjump.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 80
  • tim.jpg
    tim.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 84

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
TotalControl said:
here are some pictures they did not have a fire they had tiki torches at the gate and did not even light them .. come on happy were are your pictures ???
wow i should have went it looks like it was e z. was there alot of compition?

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
flarenuphope said:
wow i should have went it looks like it was e z. was there alot of compition?

There were a good amount not sure how many .. They had (2)mail boxes, tarp ,box, wagon wheel, figure 8 , drag a pole , jump logs, take the tarp off the fence and bring it to the beginning and put it on that fence , then go through the gate climb the stairs wait go throught camo streamers, brush, walk by the long horn, sheep and goat , bend down take the golf ball off the cone and place it on another (with out dismounting) go through some water (most horses did not like this a little bit) back up through a L shape , trot then canter around cones, go over pallet bridge, Get off your horse open the trailer load your horse and close the door . wait unload your horse... MGH DID I FORGET ANYTHING ???

S

saddlesore

TotalControl said:
There were a good amount not sure how many .. They had (2)mail boxes, tarp ,box, wagon wheel, figure 8 , drag a pole , jump logs, take the tarp off the fence and bring it to the beginning and put it on that fence , then go through the gate climb the stairs wait go throught camo streamers, brush, walk by the long horn, sheep and goat , bend down take the golf ball off the cone and place it on another (with out dismounting) go through some water (most horses did not like this a little bit) back up through a L shape , trot then canter around cones, go over pallet bridge, Get off your horse open the trailer load your horse and close the door . wait unload your horse... MGH DID I FORGET ANYTHING ???

I'm guessing that dragging the tarp and going thru the camo streamers caused problems for some of the horses?? And I guess the animals, for the horses that aren't used to them. Other than the water, which obstacles cause the most agitation?

That really sounds like fun. Hope they do it next year.

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
TotalControl said:
wow it sounded cool! i could have so did that... o well

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
saddlesore said:
I'm guessing that dragging the tarp and going thru the camo streamers caused problems for some of the horses?? And I guess the animals, for the horses that aren't used to them. Other than the water, which obstacles cause the most agitation?

That really sounds like fun. Hope they do it next year.

It was definetly alot of fun! The most challenging obstable danger wise was where you climbed up this simulated mountain. And did king of the hill :lmao:. The 1st step was about 12" and then an additional 12" with dirt mounded up. So it ended up about 3 1/2' high. The biggest problem was that it was only maybe 5 ft wide. We saw one horse go over the side (good thing it wasn't a cliff) the man took a pretty good fall and other horses going off the side backwards at the lower level. The water obstacle was not very natural so most horses balked within the 30 seconds you had to get them through it but afterwards with some determination we got them through.
There are 2 more rounds this year sometime within the next few months and it is open to everyone. This was something really different to do and we had alot of fun.