Fat clothes

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Chasey_Lane said:
You will not catch me wearing those tacky, skinny, ankle tight jeans the teeny boppers are wearing now! They are just icky!! :eyebrow:

I think I've pretty much aged into my boot cut jeans and have no plans to change. But who knows? There was a time I swore I'd never wear bell bottoms again, and I have. The skinny jeans are pretty trailer park, aren't they?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
elaine said:
I think I've pretty much aged into my boot cut jeans and have no plans to change. But who knows? There was a time I swore I'd never wear bell bottoms again, and I have. The skinny jeans are pretty trailer park, aren't they?
I've been wearing boot cut/flares (and not the big, huge raver flares, although they are cool :lol: )for about 10-12 years. I don't remember exactly when they came back. They are the most comfy and they look great with any top.

And yes, the skinny jeans are trailer park :nicoleritchie:

sockgirl77

sockgirl77 said:
:yeahthat:

I cannot have a swap day with any of my friends. I have an odd shaped body. Or atleast it seems that way because I cannot find any clothes to fit me. :ohwell:
Fat clothes 01-30-2007 01:04 PM amd by odd you mean enormous and hideous, and dont forget skanky

Dear Karma Giver,
Yes. I am enormous and hideous. Who told you?
:bawl:,
Socki

P.S. I am not skanky. It is skeezy. Get it right. :yay:

nicole_M

I have 2 younger sisters and I gave them all my old clothes that didn't fit me anymore.

I will keep things that are either one size too big, or one size too small and that's about it. I try to clean everyone's closets out once a month and divide them into SELL, FREE or THROW AWAY. I sell some of the kids stuff on eBay, and give alot of things away on FreeCycle.

meangirl

Nice lady!
nicole_moreland said:
I have 2 younger sisters and I gave them all my old clothes that didn't fit me anymore.

I will keep things that are either one size too big, or one size too small and that's about it. I try to clean everyone's closets out once a month and divide them into SELL, FREE or THROW AWAY. I sell some of the kids stuff on eBay, and give alot of things away on FreeCycle.

I love FreeCycle. I get rid of so much stuff. What I love is that people come right away so you don't have the stuff sitting around forever. Otherwise I'd throw it out.

meangirl

Nice lady!
Chasey_Lane said:
How in the world do you navigate that site? Every time I click on a link, it sends me to another link with a dozen more links. It is sooooo confusing. :eyebrow:

Just click the yahoo group for whatever area you are in and then join that group. Don't look for anything else, just the yahoo group, it's all that matters. :lol:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
elaine said:
Skinny jeans SUCK OUT LOUD! If you ever want to make yourself feel like a lard ass retard - go try some on. :dead: Unless you are a prepubescent teen without a single curve - you'd be better off just wearing sparkly blue eye shadow and a feathered roach clip attached to your jeans.

I put a pair on, in my regular size, came out walking like Night of the Living Dead and asked the sales gal if these were running small. "No, you have the right fit and size on - remember those are the skinny jeans!"

Eff that! There are way too many things I can spend money on that'll torture me... And most of them are for health reasons! :roflmao:

sockgirl77

P.S. To any of you who have either gotten fat or really skinny lately. I know a forumite who could really use some slightly used (or new) clothing. She is about a petite size 8. Medium tops. :yay:

SamSpade

Barbra said:
When I moved to MD in 98, I brought all my fat clothes w/ me. I figured I'd be living a much more sedentary life here than I'd lived in Philly and I'd eventually need them. I've been able to maintain 140 lbs tho' since I moved here and I donated my fat clothes years ago. :shrug:

You were fat once?

:confused:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
vraiblonde said:
Okay, but I'm only 5'3" - 12 is a real beefarilla size for someone my height.
Are you deliberately trying to hurt my feelings, or is it unintentional? :shrug:

I'm changing my name from BadGirl to Beefarilla. :bawl:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
SamSpade said:
I've kept a few that I wear around the house when I want to relax. On cold nights, I wear a shirt to bed, and an oversized t-shirt is perfect. Also, I've kept my 4XX Hawaiian shirts - for some reason, they look like they're supposed to be huge on you.

Most of them I pitch and Bluejay has done the same, although on Obesityhelp.com - the site for WLS patients - there are clothing exchanges. Just because they're too big for you doesn't mean they wouldn't be perfect as transitional clothing for someone who began their weight loss MUCH bigger than you. It's kind of weird giving your clothes from when you were 370 pounds to a guy who has LOST 300 pounds just to get to 370!
I think that is a great idea. Most people who are bigger than the standard store measurements go up to find it hard to find their size and also they may be charged a significant amount more money. Continue doing that and encourage others. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
BadGirl said:
Are you deliberately trying to hurt my feelings, or is it unintentional? :shrug:

I'm changing my name from BadGirl to Beefarilla. :bawl:
Okay, this is the sixth communication from a short size 12 since I posted that comment.

So why is it that you guys look great and I look enormous if we're the same height and wear the same size? :tap:

I think you all are lying and just trying to make me feel bad.