FatAlbert Fails

Larry Gude

Strung Out
He doesn't want to be on a football field, period.

Can you blame him? Really? If your boss said "Here is more than enough money to retire on and it is based soley on showing up for one season. Not even that. If you get hurt, you get paid. If you do an OK job, you get paid. If you suck you get paid. Now, if you don't mind, I'd like you to play like your pay actually depends on it even though it doesn't..."

Does he hurt the game? No. The games go on without him. He is, by no means, anything new in the NFL under the 'take the money and run' sun.

Does he hurt the next guy hoping to cash in? Probably not. Or, did Dan sell?
:lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah, now that you mention it, he does kinda act like Brent when it comes to camp.

How so? The Brett wouldn't even be there! At least The Brett acts like a petulant child in the privacy of his own home and the national media. Strike that. International media.

:drama:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Thank you. I think it worth noting that once The Brett arrives, he is noted for being all in at that point.

:buddies:

But when the Saints beat the Vikes on opening night, Brent's refusal to be in camp on time will become the reason they lost. He will go from favorite son to Labronesque status overnight in Minnesota...:yay:

Baz

This. ------------------>
But when the Saints beat the Vikes on opening night, Brent's refusal to be in camp on time will become the reason they lost. He will go from favorite son to Labronesque status overnight in Minnesota...:yay:

He won't be that unpopular until he re-re-retires after the season, only to un-un-unretire and sign with Da Bears 2 weeks into next year's training camp.

Otter

Nothing to see here
MANKATO -- Brett Favre's wavering nature makes it impossible to call anything official -- even when it seems to be that way -- but NFL sources said the quarterback began informing Vikings personnel late Monday night that he has decided to retire for a third time.

LMAO :killingme

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Or, when the Favres stomp the Saint's, you'll help me finish fund raising for the Brett Favre Wing in Canton???

Larry Gude

Strung Out
MANKATO -- Brett Favre's wavering nature makes it impossible to call anything official -- even when it seems to be that way -- but NFL sources said the quarterback began informing Vikings personnel late Monday night that he has decided to retire for a third time.

He's playing! He's playing! :yahoo:

Rael

Supper's Ready

From the link...
Childress, speaking after the Vikings’ first practice of the day on the Minnesota State campus, said he spoken with Favre within the last 24 hours. The coach called the situation “fluid.”

Sounds like last year all over again. No sooner did I see the article on him intending to retire, did I see the follow up Wyche's article saying "Don't Buy It". Here we go again... :whistle: