FatAlbert Fails

Peter Forsberg

Might THIS be a good time to point out that Albert does not want to be here???
Does that matter? How many people love hearing the alarm clock go off at 6:00am in the morning to head to work. The MRI was negitive..... get your fat @ss out on the field and practice.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Does that matter? How many people love hearing the alarm clock go off at 6:00am in the morning to head to work. The MRI was negitive..... get your fat @ss out on the field and practice.

If I give you a life time, your lifetime, of salary just for one years work and the rest is kinda optional, and you don't like me or my company or my team, what are you going to do?

Rael

Supper's Ready
If I give you a life time, your lifetime, of salary just for one years work and the rest is kinda optional, and you don't like me or my company or my team, what are you going to do?

I get what you're saying, but don't understand how this happens. Lack of management's attention to detail in negotiating his contract? Or more proof that a big wallet doesn't necessarily make for a better player? Or maybe even both.

$100M is just a staggering number for something like this to come out of it IMO.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I get what you're saying, but don't understand how this happens. Lack of management's attention to detail in negotiating his contract? Or more proof that a big wallet doesn't necessarily make for a better player? Or maybe even both.

$100M is just a staggering number for something like this to come out of it IMO.

Yes, you do! :lol:

What percentage of veteren players do you honestly think you can give lifetime money to who are still going to conduct themselves as though they need to make the team and earn it every day, every play?

50%?
75%?

The Pats don't do this. Nor the Steelers. The Colts gave it to Peyton but, he's not exactly a d lineman.

Think of Albert as Goldman/Sachs. When you give a bank billions of dollars, shore up their stock price, help them make billions, declare they simply have to show up (too big to fail) where is their motivation to go earn business from real, live customers?

Peter Forsberg

I would at least try a little. So if he goes to another team what will change? He will try for 2 days and find out that the new team is going to make him run and practice then what? Who does he think he is Brett Farve? LOL

Rael

Supper's Ready
Yes, you do! :lol:

What percentage of veteren players do you honestly think you can give lifetime money to who are still going to conduct themselves as though they need to make the team and earn it every day, every play?

50%?
75%?

The Pats don't do this. Nor the Steelers. The Colts gave it to Peyton but, he's not exactly a d lineman.

Think of Albert as Goldman/Sachs. When you give a bank billions of dollars, shore up their stock price, help them make billions, declare they simply have to show up (too big to fail) where is their motivation to go earn business from real, live customers?

:lol:

Yeah, maybe I actually do. I couldn't begin to guess the magic dollar number that balances individual talent with motivation to win (other than a whole lot less than $100M) :lol:.

And now I'm wondering what Dan Snyder thinks about all of this looking back. From everything I've read on these boards the past three years, I find it difficult to believe he'll learn anything from it.

MrSnyder

:lol:

Yeah, maybe I actually do. I couldn't begin to guess the magic dollar number that balances individual talent with motivation to win (other than a whole lot less than $100M) :lol:.

And now I'm wondering what Dan Snyder thinks about all of this looking back. From everything I've read on these boards the past three years, I find it difficult to believe he'll learn anything from it.

:burning:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I would at least try a little. So if he goes to another team what will change? He will try for 2 days and find out that the new team is going to make him run and practice then what? Who does he think he is Brett Farve? LOL

So would Albert. He did show up you know.

I am NOT defending AH, at all. I think he has an obligation to perform as to the contract he signed of his own free will. However, if your employer thinks you are worth $21 mil just for showing up, who is he to question the boss?

All I can say is that, perhaps, his next employer, assuming we don't pick up some sort of option or pay him even more to stay, may have different ideas about what the job is worth and what is expected.

:shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

What are you talking about? Doesn't he do very well with his team?

I mean, consider. $20 mil. 10 home games a year, sold out, 90,000 tickets. That's $200 per fan for the year. $20 a ticket be it merchandise, the ticket price, advertising, promotions, the addition of another row or three of seats in front of the seats that are in front of the seats, or behind a column or in the bathroom or in the basement, where ever people are willing to pay for, plus the publicity, plus getting perhaps an extra Monday night game or a late game, more people watching, more attention.

It all depends on how you are looking at AH and what can be done with him. Hell, as it is, what team gets talked about, nationwide, every single day that otherwise probably would not?

Peter Forsberg

So would Albert. He did show up you know.

I am NOT defending AH, at all. I think he has an obligation to perform as to the contract he signed of his own free will. However, if your employer thinks you are worth $21 mil just for showing up, who is he to question the boss?

All I can say is that, perhaps, his next employer, assuming we don't pick up some sort of option or pay him even more to stay, may have different ideas about what the job is worth and what is expected.

:shrug:
Are you kidding me. Showing up is trying? He did nothing in the offseason to get ready for this season.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Are you kidding me. Showing up is trying? He did nothing in the offseason to get ready for this season.

You are not being very fair or tolerant. One of his knee's ISN'T bothering him. How about that, huh? Do you have any idea how much care and effort it probably took to keep that thing healthy?

BuddyLee

Football addict
He did nothing in the offseason to get ready for this season.

I wouldn't go that far. He lost 30+ pounds in an off-season regiment (whatever that was).

BTW, his knee condition has been chronic for years. This didn't just sprout up over his recent tests.

Even with those facts, dude needs to prove his worthiness.