Favorite book when you were 12?

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I was 12 in 1969. As I remember, this was my favorite.
I still have my copy, which was the 1964 hardback edition.
1705450205534.png

Grumpy

I started reading a ton when I was 10, kept at it until the early 1990s when I discovered the internet. When I was 12, I was probably reading anything by Jack London, and the Mel Martin series of baseball books.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Call of the Wild, White Fang, Treasure Island, 20,000 Leagues....

Oh... Journey to the Center of the Earth and Time Machine.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Gone With the Wind has been my official favorite book since I first read it when I was maybe 10 or something. But I did and still do read everything, from silly chick books to more serious literature to learn things books.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Gone With the Wind has been my official favorite book since I first read it when I was maybe 10 or something. But I did and still do read everything, from silly chick books to more serious literature to learn things books.
Reading the book shows how much was left out of the movie.

I used to read all the VC Andrews books until I came to the realization that most of the stories were just recycled with different names and locations.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Reading the book shows how much was left out of the movie.

I used to read all the VC Andrews books until I came to the realization that most of the stories were just recycled with different names and locations.
And sometimes the changes they made to the movie.

Read Fatherland by Robert Harris, then saw the movie with Rutger Hauer. Totally different endings and paths to the end.

Blade Runner was like that too. Not the same story as Do Andriods Dream Of Electric Sheep.