Favorite pistolas...

black dog

Free America
That funky looking magazine is what threw me off. I have seen 1911's in 38 Super, 9mm, .40 and .45 and none of them have that button on the side of the mag. A guy I know at my club was selling one a couple years ago and I wish like hell I bought it.

Yes, you should have bought it. They are unbelievable shooters, with the correct ammunition they shot 2" groups at 50 yards when they left the factory.
I also shoot a few S&W model 52's. The Colts in 38 special don't shoot as soft and the Model 52's but they shoot as well as them.
The Colt mags have really gotten expensive the last 10 years or so, it's either the button or the fingers at the mags lips that give that pistol away.
It's interesting when one pops up for sale that guys will complain about the 12 to 1,500 bucks to buy it and will pass it by for being to costly and then go by a Kimber or Wilson for 3 grand that will not shoot as well.
It's a gun that will make a average shooter and very good shooter and a very good shooter a match winning shooter.

Inkd

Yes, you should have bought it. They are unbelievable shooters, with the correct ammunition they shot 2" groups at 50 yards when they left the factory.
I also shoot a few S&W model 52's. The Colts in 38 special don't shoot as soft and the Model 52's but they shoot as well as them.
The Colt mags have really gotten expensive the last 10 years or so, it's either the button or the fingers at the mags lips that give that pistol away.
It's interesting when one pops up for sale that guys will complain about the 12 to 1,500 bucks to buy it and will pass it by for being to costly and then go by a Kimber or Wilson for 3 grand that will not shoot as well.
It's a gun that will make a average shooter and very good shooter and a very good shooter a match winning shooter.

If I was still working, instead of being a full time student, it would be sitting in my gun safe as I am typing this. Unfortunately, I have to be a bit more thrifty for the next couple of years.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
This is my next investment…

IMG_0528.jpg

Coonan two tOne 357 magnum.

Chris0nllyn

But what model Hi- Point..

C9 for sure.

Ugly as all hell, but can take a beating. Shoots anything. Not a tack driver, but works.

I also have a Charter Arms 38spl snub nose. It's great. Had some trigger work done, but unless the target is 3' away, forget about it. :lol:

black dog

Free America
If I was still working, instead of being a full time student, it would be sitting in my gun safe as I am typing this. Unfortunately, I have to be a bit more thrifty for the next couple of years.

Good for you Sir, it will pay off in the end.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I heard a rumor a few weeks ago in Anderson, IN. when I was talking to some retired GM workers that GM was going to put the M3 grease gun back in production along with GM Hydromatic division is also going to fire up the assembly line of M16A1's again.

I saw an M2 made by Ac Delco,
an M-16 made by Hydromatic Div.

black dog

Free America
I saw an M2 made by Ac Delco,
an M-16 made by Hydromatic Div.

Yes GM did manufacturer M16's .. But it was a joke about them getting back in production again, GM doesn't have any manufacturing plants in Anderson, IN any longer. A few offices and a little engineering for battery cars and that's about it.