Fear the Turtle (Maryland Defeats Duke!)

Severa

Common sense ain't common
ESPN.com

On one glorious night, Maryland bid farewell to its three standout seniors, avenged a bitter loss to Duke and moved into a tie with the Blue Devils atop the Atlantic Coast Conference.

Greivis Vasquez scored 20 points, including a clutch basket with 37 seconds left, and 22nd-ranked Maryland beat No. 4 Duke 79-72 Wednesday for its sixth straight win.

It was the final home game for Vasquez, who was honored with seniors Landon Milbourne and Eric Hayes before the game.
Afterward, fans stormed the court to celebrate Maryland's first win over Duke in seven tries.

"You couldn't really ask for a better script than that," said Hayes, who scored 13 points. "The ACC regular-season title was on the line; it was just a real special night."

Jordan Williams had 15 points and 11 rebounds for the Terrapins (22-7, 12-3), who haven't lost since falling to the Blue Devils by 21 on Feb. 13.
"This is a dream come true," Vasquez said.

Nolan Smith scored 20 for Duke (25-5, 12-3) and Jon Scheyer had 19. The defeat ended the Blue Devils' eight-game winning streak.

===========

As a lifelong University of Kentucky fan, it's a happy day whenever someone defeats Duke, one of our oldest rivals.
UofK defeated Georgia tonight and on Senior Night, the #23 Terps defeated #4 Duke.

Congrats on an AWESOME win, Maryland! :yahoo:

Beta84

They're out to get us
slight surprise but not a huge one. what's with this crowd of people going balistic? sheesh next you'll tell me the crowd rushed the court. :doh:

Franky4Fingers

slight surprise but not a huge one. what's with this crowd of people going balistic? sheesh next you'll tell me the crowd rushed the court. :doh:

lls, i know right?

if you know anything about maryland basketball you would know that this is pretty much the norm for a win this huge.

btw....

LETS GO MARYLAND!!
LETS GO MARYLAND!!
LETS GO MARYLAND!!
LETS GO MARYLAND!!
LETS GO MARYLAND!!
LETS GO MARYLAND!!
LETS GO MARYLAND!!
LETS GO MARYLAND!!
LETS GO MARYLAND!!
LETS GO MARYLAND!!
LETS GO MARYLAND!!