Fed Govt closes 3 hours early

Fed Govt Closing 3 hours early
Washington Federal Government Closes Early
Updated: Tuesday, Jan. 27, 2004 - 12:43 PM

(Washington) -- The federal government is closing offices early this afternoon, giving employees three hours early dismissal.
Office of Personnel Management spokesman Mike Orenstein says federal employees should leave three hours prior to their scheduled dismissal time.

Jay Porter, OPM spokesman, says the primary factor in making the decision was employee safety. Earlier in the day, the exact impact of an impending storm was unclear. Porter says an added advantage is better access with the staggered use of mass transit like the Metro.

(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All

I drove in, and may be picking up my M-I-L down @ Metro Center. Will let you know when I am leaving (have to get official FAA notice). May be able to pick you up too.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by huntr1
I drove in, and may be picking up my M-I-L down @ Metro Center. Will let you know when I am leaving (have to get official FAA notice). May be able to pick you up too.
Kewl, let me know. :yay:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by huntr1
Yeah, the sound of the laundry hamper exploding due to exceeding it's designed stress loads.
STFU you stupid #$%^&. If you picked your crap up off the floor more then once a month, it wouldn't take up so much room in the hamper and you wouldn't feel the need to own 80 pairs of underwear. :duh:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by cmcdanal
STFU you stupid #$%^&. If you picked your crap up off the floor more then once a month, it wouldn't take up so much room in the hamper and you wouldn't feel the need to own 80 pairs of underwear. :duh:

Oh goody, the real "airing of dirty laundry" that we all love so much. :lmao:

Dymphna

Originally posted by cattitude
Oh goody, the real "airing of dirty laundry" that we all love so much. :lmao:
He had no comeback. Guess he couldn't argue with the truth, he went offline instead.

Dymphna

Originally posted by kwillia
I got a phone call from my 8 year old this morning saying, "Mommy, Daddy says we have to help him fold clothes... is that true?" Then my 11 year old grabs the phone and says, "Besides he will probably do like he always does which is help us get started then he will sit back and flick thru the channels with the remote." And they wonder why I braved the ice today...:banghead:
That's how huntr cleans house. He doesn't touch laundry.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I got a phone call from my 8 year old this morning saying, "Mommy, Daddy says we have to help him fold clothes... is that true?" Then my 11 year old grabs the phone and says, "Besides he will probably do like he always does which is help us get started then he will sit back and flick thru the channels with the remote." And they wonder why I braved the ice today...:banghead:

All of this is quite interesting. Men picking up clothes...men folding clothes...

:confused:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Originally posted by cattitude
All of this is quite interesting. Men picking up clothes...men folding clothes...

:confused:

Its a trait thats only found in St Marys County...very peculiar, think I read about it in National Geographic..

JabbaJawz

Be about it
"Besides he will probably do like he always does which is help us get started then he will sit back and flick thru the channels with the remote."

:roflmao: I do that w/my guy. I say, "Hey...will you help me fold the clothes??" He comes up to 'help' and starts folding....I slowly disappear. :biggrin: