Federal Court Jury

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Because I lived more than 50 miles away, and got picked for the jury, they put me up in a hotel for 3 nights.

LJ1999

I drove over to the courthouse to get an idea where it was and such. The parking lot was locked with a gate. I am hoping that you can park on the property because there wasn't much else around. I also wasn't sure about lunches. Should I just take a lunch with me? I'm not much on driving around an area I'm not used to.

Grumpy

I drove over to the courthouse to get an idea where it was and such. The parking lot was locked with a gate. I am hoping that you can park on the property because there wasn't much else around. I also wasn't sure about lunches. Should I just take a lunch with me? I'm not much on driving around an area I'm not used to.
If picked for a jury, they will supply lunch. No gate when I had to serve but I'm sure you will be able to park on property.

PeoplesElbow

Its unlocked during the week. And no they don't provide lunch. I was on a jury for six weeks, worst part was the days I would drive to Greenbelt to wait about an hour and be told court today is cancelled.

You got grand jury or petit jury?

tipsymcgee

Yes, they will let you park on property. There's a parking garage out back also where most park. Nice building. They used to have a canteen with small snack bar in the building, but depends on who the contractor is what may be there. Sometimes would be food, sometimes was just snacks/carry out depending on contractor. It will take you off the beltway and seems like nothing there, but if you take a right out of the parking lot it runs right into a shopping center at other end of road. Has a Giant with their salad bar and used to be 2-3 other places in there that I'm sure are gone or changed. Was a Bennigans and Einstein Bagels in there back when I used to go and I know the Bennigans has changed.

LJ1999

Its unlocked during the week. And no they don't provide lunch. I was on a jury for six weeks, worst part was the days I would drive to Greenbelt to wait about an hour and be told court today is cancelled.

You got grand jury or petit jury?
I don't know yet. Just on cal all of July. Your post makes me very sad...... My fear.

PeoplesElbow

Yes, they will let you park on property. There's a parking garage out back also where most park. Nice building. They used to have a canteen with small snack bar in the building, but depends on who the contractor is what may be there. Sometimes would be food, sometimes was just snacks/carry out depending on contractor. It will take you off the beltway and seems like nothing there, but if you take a right out of the parking lot it runs right into a shopping center at other end of road. Has a Giant with their salad bar and used to be 2-3 other places in there that I'm sure are gone or changed. Was a Bennigans and Einstein Bagels in there back when I used to go and I know the Bennigans has changed.
Chipotle and Burger King back when I had JD.

It really wasn't a bad place to drive around.