Feds take Gov. Blagojevich into custody

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
Feds take Gov. Blagojevich into custody - Chicago Breaking News

"Updated at 8:57 a.m.: On the issue of the U.S. Senate selection, federal prosecutors alleged Blagojevich sought appointment as Secretary of Health and Human Services in the new Obama administration, or a lucrative job with a union in exchange for appointing a union-preferred candidate.

Blagojevich and Harris conspired to demand the firing of Chicago Tribune editorial board members responsible for editorials critical of Blagojevich in exchange for state help with the sale of Wrigley Field, the Chicago Cubs baseball stadium owned by Tribune Co.

Blagojevich and Harris, along with others, obtained and sought to gain financial benefits for the governor, members of his family and his campaign fund in exchange for appointments to state boards and commissions, state jobs and state contracts.

"The breadth of corruption laid out in these charges is staggering," U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald said in a statement.
"They allege that Blagojevich put a 'for sale' sign on the naming of a United States senator; involved himself personally in pay-to-play schemes with the urgency of a salesman meeting his annual sales target; and corruptly used his office in an effort to trample editorial voices of criticism."

Updated at 8:48 a.m.: Gov. Rod Blagojevich and his chief of staff John Harris were arrested today by FBI agents on federal corruption charges.

Blagojevich and Harris were accused of a wide-ranging criminal conspiracy that included Blagojevich conspiring to sell or trade the Senate seat left vacant by President-elect Barack Obama in exchange for financial benefits for the governor and his wife. The governor was also accused of obtaining campaign contributions in exchange for other official actions.

Blagojevich was taken into federal custody at his North Side home this morning."

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Feds take Gov. Blagojevich into custody - Chicago Breaking News

"Updated at 8:57 a.m.: On the issue of the U.S. Senate selection, federal prosecutors alleged Blagojevich sought appointment as Secretary of Health and Human Services in the new Obama administration, or a lucrative job with a union in exchange for appointing a union-preferred candidate.

Blagojevich and Harris conspired to demand the firing of Chicago Tribune editorial board members responsible for editorials critical of Blagojevich in exchange for state help with the sale of Wrigley Field, the Chicago Cubs baseball stadium owned by Tribune Co.

Blagojevich and Harris, along with others, obtained and sought to gain financial benefits for the governor, members of his family and his campaign fund in exchange for appointments to state boards and commissions, state jobs and state contracts.

"The breadth of corruption laid out in these charges is staggering," U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald said in a statement.
"They allege that Blagojevich put a 'for sale' sign on the naming of a United States senator; involved himself personally in pay-to-play schemes with the urgency of a salesman meeting his annual sales target; and corruptly used his office in an effort to trample editorial voices of criticism."

Updated at 8:48 a.m.: Gov. Rod Blagojevich and his chief of staff John Harris were arrested today by FBI agents on federal corruption charges.

Blagojevich and Harris were accused of a wide-ranging criminal conspiracy that included Blagojevich conspiring to sell or trade the Senate seat left vacant by President-elect Barack Obama in exchange for financial benefits for the governor and his wife. The governor was also accused of obtaining campaign contributions in exchange for other official actions.

Blagojevich was taken into federal custody at his North Side home this morning."

Poor guy!!! Sucks to be greedy.:evil:

Pete

Repete
I wonder if Obama will pardon him right away?

I wonder who in the Obama transition team was negotiating with him for that Senate spot? Shouldn't they be investigated as well? I wonder if Rham is looking for a lawyer already :killingme

B

Beaver-Cleaver

:lol: that's his political mentor.
His spiritual mentor is Rev. Goddamamerica Wright.

I still can't believe anybody voted for that foreigner

somehow i knew you people would find some way to :cds:

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !

I wonder who in the Obama transition team was negotiating with him for that Senate spot? Shouldn't they be investigated as well? I wonder if Rham is looking for a lawyer already :killingme

Yes he will be pardon but not until after his sentence the FBI waste all this time snooping thought cell phone calls emails, forums, sting ops and this guy will still walk away with a pardon. what a waste of time:killingme

B

Beaver-Cleaver

We had 8 years of you buttwipes teaching us.

hang on tight beav its going to be a rough 4 years:yahoo:

please show me where I blamed Bush for everything from Katrina to 9-11 to the Tsunami?

put up or shut the #### up :popcorn:

Pete

Repete
Yes he will be pardon but not until after his sentence the FBI waste all this time snooping thought cell phone calls emails, forums, sting ops and this guy will still walk away with a pardon. what a waste of time:killingme

He's not going to get a pardon. He is going to share a cell with Ryan.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

:yeahthat:
I heard his name this evening. I forgot what show or who said it. Had a kid who decided to have a temper blowup and I got distracted. :frown:

I would not surprised if any of Obama's inner circle are involved in some way. I don't know how they can be participants (which they very much ARE) in Chicago style politics otherwise.

awpitt

Main Streeter
:yeahthat:
I heard his name this evening. I forgot what show or who said it. Had a kid who decided to have a temper blowup and I got distracted. :frown:

I would not surprised if any of Obama's inner circle are involved in some way. I don't know how they can be participants (which they very much ARE) in Chicago style politics otherwise.

Patrick Fitzgerald already said there's nothing there.

Blagojevich was trouble waiting to happen. It's amazing how someone can get in the mind set that they could get away with so much. I guess IL is starting a tradition of having "governer's row" at the prison.

Pete

Repete
Patrick Fitzgerald already said there's nothing there.

Blagojevich was trouble waiting to happen. It's amazing how someone can get in the mind set that they could get away with so much. I guess IL is starting a tradition of having "governer's row" at the prison.

The Governor hasn't started talking yet. When the US Attorney starts offering deals it might be scary what falls out of the closet.