Fema Director Being Removed!!!

Qpid

it takes the death of thousands for them to realize this man was not capable of holding this type of job. :burning:

WASHINGTON (AP) - Federal Emergency Management Agency Director Michael Brown is being removed from his role managing Hurricane Katrina relief efforts, The Associated Press has learned.

Two federal officials who wouldn't be identified say Brown is being sent back to Washington from Baton Rouge. He was the primary official overseeing the federal government's response to the disaster.

Brown will be replaced by Coast Guard Vice Adm. Thad w. Allen, who was overseeing New Orleans relief and rescue efforts.

Brown has been under fire because of the administration's slow response to the magnitude of the hurricane. On Thursday, questions were raised about whether he padded his resume to highlight his previous emergency management background.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bush is an ass if he fires this guy. FEMA did nothing wrong - they were in complete compliance with separation of fed and state. They can blame "red tape" all they want, but those protocols were put in place for a reason - so the fed can't just come in and take over a state until the Governor asks for them to.

B

Bruzilla

Ah... where are all these "thousands" of deaths you're talking about? As of right now it's doubtful the number will even reach 500. Are the Democrats stockpiling bodies somewhere, perhaps to use as dedicated voters in the 2008 Presidential election?

As for the article, you make it sound like the FEMA director was fired, and he wasn't. Actually he had no business even being down in New Orleans aside from getting face time for himself and the administration. He's supposed to be running FEMA, not directing emergency efforts at a specific site.

It sounds to me like the effort is back on track, despite the hinderences of the inept local politicians down there and this guy is coming back to do what he's paid to do.

Qpid

Bruzilla said:
Ah... where are all these "thousands" of deaths you're talking about? As of right now it's doubtful the number will even reach 500. Are the Democrats stockpiling bodies somewhere, perhaps to use as dedicated voters in the 2008 Presidential election?

As for the article, you make it sound like the FEMA director was fired, and he wasn't. Actually he had no business even being down in New Orleans aside from getting face time for himself and the administration. He's supposed to be running FEMA, not directing emergency efforts at a specific site.

It sounds to me like the effort is back on track, despite the hinderences of the inept local politicians down there and this guy is coming back to do what he's paid to do.

what r u talking about?? :confused: I didnt write this article...im not making it sound like anything.

his ass should be fired though....he only got that job because of a friend that knew a friend that knew a friend.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
vraiblonde said:
Bush is an ass if he fires this guy. FEMA did nothing wrong - they were in complete compliance with separation of fed and state. They can blame "red tape" all they want, but those protocols were put in place for a reason - so the fed can't just come in and take over a state until the Governor asks for them to.

Yes, but if the media/lib stink starts to stick at all, sacrifices have to be made... its the political way of life. All appointees should probably know this going in. The average career span of a government appointee is only 18 months. I don't think the media/lib stink is really going to stick though. I think they are just keep it calmed for now, while the facts present themselves.

B

Bruzilla

Qpid said:
what r u talking about?? :confused: I didnt write this article...im not making it sound like anything.

his ass should be fired though....he only got that job because of a friend that knew a friend that knew a friend.

Ahhh... I don't think the statement "it takes the death of thousands for them to realize this man was not capable of holding this type of job" was a part of the article. And since you feel that it took the deaths of thousands, and they've only found less tan 300 dead, I was wondering where all these dead bodies you're talking about are??? And if they don't exist, why are you calling for this man to be fired?

Qpid

Bruzilla said:
Ahhh... I don't think the statement "it takes the death of thousands for them to realize this man was not capable of holding this type of job" was a part of the article. And since you feel that it took the deaths of thousands, and they've only found less tan 300 dead, I was wondering where all these dead bodies you're talking about are??? And if they don't exist, why are you calling for this man to be fired?

Everyone is focusing on N.O. There are 2 other states that were hit.....

everything doesn't need to be in black in white for you to believe it does it??

This man needs to be fired because he lacks the credentials needed for this type of job, and he keeps proving it to be true since Katrina happened.

D

dems4me

I heard somewhere the latest estimate was 10,000 which would exceed the worst disaster of Galveston in 1900 (speaking of which - any of y'all see the documentary/movie - Issaic's storm? It was all about this event). Where are the estimates of it being under 500?

Last edited by a moderator:
C

czygvtwkr

So if a hurricane blows down a building that crushes someone who was told to leave its some how FEMA's fault?

D

dems4me

czygvtwkr said:
So if a hurricane blows down a building that crushes someone who was told to leave its some how FEMA's fault?

No.... :spank: Get with the program!! It's Bush's :bonk:

:lol:

B

Bruzilla

Qpid said:

This man needs to be fired because he lacks the credentials needed for this type of job, and he keeps proving it to be true since Katrina happened.

Well... aren't you just the genius of government administration. So tell me, what credentials are required to perform this job? I know plenty of police chiefs who have failed as chiefs despite having been cops for 20+ years. I know quite a few Navy captains and a few admirals who are highly inept despite being in the Navy for 20+ years. And we all know teachers who are wastes of space despite having been teachers for 20+ years.

The credentials for having a job like being head of FEMA should have nothing to do with how many years of experience being an emergency services guy, and everything to do with how good a leader they are. The only mistake I've heard of this guy making is going to New Orleans and making a distraction of himself when he should have been telling the press and the Democrats to eat #### and making sure that the FEMA teams on the ground were getting the support they needed. They know a hundred times more about what's going on than he does, and having the leaders devote time to the director to make him smart enough to play 20 questions with the press is a waste fo their time.

This guy did everything that he was suppossed to do, in the way that it was suppossed to be done, as defined by Federal and state authorities. The fact that this process was AFU isn't the fault of Brown, but the fault of the idiots who either didn't follow policy or just plain f'cked things up... like the Governor of Louisiana and the Mayor of New Orleans.

Pete

Repete
Qpid said:

You are truy retarded. UFB

IF it turns out that he faked his credentials he should get canned for being a liar. If he gets canned because of this boondoggle that started because LA botched their emergency action plan and the Dems and their henchmen the media needed a whipping boy it will be wrong.

Last edited:

Qpid

Bruzilla said:
Well... aren't you just the genius of government administration. So tell me, what credentials are required to perform this job? I know plenty of police chiefs who have failed as chiefs despite having been cops for 20+ years. I know quite a few Navy captains and a few admirals who are highly inept despite being in the Navy for 20+ years. And we all know teachers who are wastes of space despite having been teachers for 20+ years.

The credentials for having a job like being head of FEMA should have nothing to do with how many years of experience being an emergency services guy, and everything to do with how good a leader they are. The only mistake I've heard of this guy making is going to New Orleans and making a distraction of himself when he should have been telling the press and the Democrats to eat #### and making sure that the FEMA teams on the ground were getting the support they needed. They know a hundred times more about what's going on than he does, and having the leaders devote time to the director to make him smart enough to play 20 questions with the press is a waste fo their time.

This guy did everything that he was suppossed to do, in the way that it was suppossed to be done, as defined by Federal and state authorities. The fact that this process was AFU isn't the fault of Brown, but the fault of the idiots who either didn't follow policy or just plain f'cked things up... like the Governor of Louisiana and the Mayor of New Orleans.

yeah he was a leader of horses before he got this job...his years of experiance shouldn't include the very job he is about to take on (emergencies) :lmao:

If he did everything he was suppose to do he would not be removed. :dance:

D

dems4me

Pete said:

IF it turns out that he faked his credentials he should get canned for being a liar. If he gets canned because of this boondoggle that started because LA botched their emergency action plan and the Dems and their henchmen the media it will be wrong.

Not trying to draw blood or get into a heated debate, but didn't Brown, himself admit he made errors or something like that??

Pete

Repete
dems4me said:
Not trying to draw blood or get into a heated debate, but didn't Brown, himself admit he made errors or something like that??
Name one person who on a calm day hasn't made errors. Browns action or any lack of action did not kill those people, a Cat 4 hurricane swamping an illprepared city 8 feet below sea level did.

B

Bruzilla

dems4me said:
I heard somewhere the latest estimate was 10,000 which would exceed the worst disaster of Galveston in 1900 (speaking of which - any of y'all see the documentary/movie - Issaic's storm? It was all about this event). Where are the estimates of it being under 500?

Dems, that's my estimate as of right now, based on the fact that so far the numbers of confirmed dead are 201 deaths in Mississippi and only 118 in Louisiana following the initial house-to-house sweeps. The officials in NO had thought that they would find thousands of people who had died from dehydration and/or heat in the attics of their homes, but they are now saying that aerial surveys are showing many homes with holes in the roofs where people came out and were picked up by boat or air, which is going to drive the numbers of dead way down.

Once again... any news that's good for America is bad for the Democrats.

Qpid

Pete said:

IF it turns out that he faked his credentials he should get canned for being a liar. If he gets canned because of this boondoggle that started because LA botched their emergency action plan and the Dems and their henchmen the media needed a whipping boy it will be wrong.

Dont fire him because he can't handle his job...fire him because he lied to get it. :lmao:

the irony.

B

Bruzilla

Qpid said:
Dont fire him because he can't handle his job...fire him because he lied to get it. :lmao:

the irony.

Since you seem to really have a much better handle on what this guy did wrong than anyone else on the planet, could you please provide a list of all the things this guy actually did, or didn't so, that lead you to the understanding that he can't handle his job?