Fema Director Being Removed!!!

C

czygvtwkr

Qpid said:
If he did everything he was suppose to do he would not be removed. :dance:

That is not true, people are removed from positions all the time to pacify someone some group etc most of the time its just playing politics.

My boss at work is great, but knows nothing about my job, his function is to approve my time card, make sure I go to manditory training, and handle the political bullshit but he lets me handle my job. And he is just a level 1 supervisor (the first boss in a long chain of bosses)

Don't you think the director of any major government organization should do their job and let the experts do what they do? Does the postmaster general deliver mail? Does the surgeon general do cancer research? Its really just a figure head position and who is in it makes no difference to its operation.

Qpid

Bruzilla said:
Since you seem to really have a much better handle on what this guy did wrong than anyone else on the planet, could you please provide a list of all the things this guy actually did, or didn't so, that lead you to the understanding that he can't handle his job?

5 days.

D

dems4me

Pete said:
Name one person who on a calm day hasn't made errors. Browns action or any lack of action did not kill those people, a Cat 4 hurricane swamping an illprepared city 8 feet below sea level did.

I'll buy that. :peace:

Pete

Repete
Qpid said:
Dont fire him because he can't handle his job...fire him because he lied to get it. :lmao:

the irony.
You hate Bush so much you will sacrefice your integrity to smear him. Oh wait......you ?.....intergity ?.......oh the irony :lmao:

Pete

Repete
Qpid said:
It took you over 2 hours to come post that he was removed from NO, I would say in accordance with the DNC, and MoveOn.org you are incompetent.

Qpid

czygvtwkr said:
That is not true, people are removed from positions all the time to pacify someone some group etc most of the time its just playing politics.

My boss at work is great, but knows nothing about my job, his function is to approve my time card, make sure I go to manditory training, and handle the political bullshit but he lets me handle my job. And he is just a level 1 supervisor (the first boss in a long chain of bosses)

Don't you think the director of any major government organization should do their job and let the experts do what they do? Does the postmaster general deliver mail? Does the surgeon general do cancer research? Its really just a figure head position and who is in it makes no difference to its operation.

Wonder why Bush hasn't been "removed" yet. :lol:

Pete

Repete
Qpid said:
Dont fire him because he can't handle his job...fire him because he lied to get it. :lmao:

the irony.
I thought you had me on igmore and were not going to respond? :liar:

D

dems4me

Bruzilla said:
Dems, that's my estimate as of right now, based on the fact that so far the numbers of confirmed dead are 201 deaths in Mississippi and only 118 in Louisiana following the initial house-to-house sweeps. The officials in NO had thought that they would find thousands of people who had died from dehydration and/or heat in the attics of their homes, but they are now saying that aerial surveys are showing many homes with holes in the roofs where people came out and were picked up by boat or air, which is going to drive the numbers of dead way down.

Once again... any news that's good for America is bad for the Democrats.

I thought it odd that they are still not having death toll estimates... even with the Tsunami there were estimates that day - here (a week or two later) - nothing... there's really nothing said about ANY kind of estimate.. I thought maybe folks were trying to hide the truth or something. :shrug: why arn't the death toll estimates being made public or at least being discussed? A lot of people lost their lives and all you hear is Brown... Bush... FEMA... Brown... Bush... FEMA - I've grown sick of this

bedazzle

Qpid said:
Everyone is focusing on N.O. There are 2 other states that were hit.....

* Persons in Evacuation Centers: 504 open, 143,712 people in 14
states (numbers fluctuate daily)
* Damage Assessments: 825,903 without power (858,758 9/7)
* Official Death Numbers: AL 2; FL 14; LA 59; MS 154 Total: 229
CDC Public Health Workforce Deployed in Affected Communities:

* Total: 202 (182: 9/7) including the following specialties:
laboratorians, medical, epidemiologist, sanitation, environmental health, assessment, disease surveillance, public information and health risk communication.

So far MS has more death numbers than AL, FL and LA combined. Unfortunately, there will be more.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
The immediate impact area of Katrina affected close to 2 million people with about 3/4 of them being in the greater New Orleans area. While initial early estimates had this storm resulting in the 100s of thousands dead to what is now considered high at 40,000, with some projections in the single thousands or less. The current high value of 40K is right at 2% of the total residents (no census numbers on tourists in the area) meaning that 98% or more survived. Given the storm size and strength, the area that it hit with all of the known factors and it is simply amazing that so many were spared.

B

Bruzilla

Qpid said:

That's it? That's the best you can do? "5 days"??? WTF is that about? When Andrew hit in 1992 it took three days for the first FEMA rep to get to the area, and close to two weeks before the level of support FEMA delivered in ONLY 5 days to NO was in place. How in the hell can you call 5 days a failure and try to call yourself a reasonable person?

And since you can't come up with any other reasons, I am forced to concede that I have violated my first rule of posting on this forum - DO NOT ENTER INTO DISCUSSIONS WITH IDIOTS, so I'll be departing this string now.

Qpid

Pete said:
You hate Bush so much you will sacrefice your integrity to smear him. Oh wait......you ?.....intergity ?.......oh the irony :lmao:

And you love him so much you'd sacrafice your life for him.

oh wait....you?....life?.....oh you dont have one :lmao:

Qpid

Pete said:
I thought you had me on igmore and were not going to respond? :liar:

that was last week and u were ignored.

i can see your still constipated from it. :lol: cuz you can't let shyt go.

D

dems4me

bedazzle said:
Qpid said:
Everyone is focusing on N.O. There are 2 other states that were hit.....

* Persons in Evacuation Centers: 504 open, 143,712 people in 14
states (numbers fluctuate daily)
* Damage Assessments: 825,903 without power (858,758 9/7)
* Official Death Numbers: AL 2; FL 14; LA 59; MS 154 Total: 229
CDC Public Health Workforce Deployed in Affected Communities:

* Total: 202 (182: 9/7) including the following specialties:
laboratorians, medical, epidemiologist, sanitation, environmental health, assessment, disease surveillance, public information and health risk communication.

So far MS has more death numbers than AL, FL and LA combined. Unfortunately, there will be more.

Where did you get those figures?

Qpid

Bruzilla said:
That's it? That's the best you can do? "5 days"??? WTF is that about? When Andrew hit in 1992 it took three days for the first FEMA rep to get to the area, and close to two weeks before the level of support FEMA delivered in ONLY 5 days to NO was in place. How in the hell can you call 5 days a failure and try to call yourself a reasonable person?

And since you can't come up with any other reasons, I am forced to concede that I have violated my first rule of posting on this forum - DO NOT ENTER INTO DISCUSSIONS WITH IDIOTS, so I'll be departing this string now.

Bruzilla please STFU. Your impelled to reply to my threads to make yourself "seem" smart enough to try and debate when I really don't care what the fawk you think. :lol:

Either state your opinion and shut up or use the ignore feature and roll the fawk on to more interesting threads.....

which by the way U DO NOT CREATE. :shutup:

Steve

Enjoying life!
dems4me said:
...there's really nothing said about ANY kind of estimate.. I thought maybe folks were trying to hide the truth or something. :shrug: why arn't the death toll estimates being made public or at least being discussed?
The death toll is not being discussed because it isn't as tragic as people initially predicted. "Tens of thousands dead!" is certianly more of an attention getter than "Tens dead!" If there truly were the thousands dead as initially predicted, their bodies would be easy to locate at this point. All you'd have to do is follow your nose. With the large groups of workers now pouring through all areas, its pretty obvious that no more are going to be found except for the occasional corpse palying "hide-and-go-rot".

Pete

Repete
Qpid said:
that was last week and u were ignored.

i can see your still constipated from it. :lol: cuz you can't let shyt go.
Quite the contrary, I just dropped a Qpid just an hour ago.

B

Bruzilla

dems4me said:
I thought it odd that they are still not having death toll estimates... even with the Tsunami there were estimates that day - here (a week or two later) - nothing... there's really nothing said about ANY kind of estimate.. I thought maybe folks were trying to hide the truth or something. :shrug: why arn't the death toll estimates being made public or at least being discussed? A lot of people lost their lives and all you hear is Brown... Bush... FEMA... Brown... Bush... FEMA - I've grown sick of this

Dems, what's so odd about admitting that you don't know something? It's one thing to know the answers and not admit them, but what's so odd about being truthful and saying that you just don't know because there's just no way of knowing the answer due to all of the variables?

People who are clamoring for death toll estimates are asking for invalid information. How can anyone know what the death toll is going to be, yet the press keeps pressing and pressing until someone pukes up a number, in this case 10,000, and then they spread that number like wildfire as if God himself had provided it. Follow that up with all kinds of accusations, recriminations, and allegations about how some people were responsible for THE DEATHS OF TEN THOUSAND PEOPLE!!!!!!!!... and publicly condemn them long before any real numbers come out.

Yes, this is a much better way of handling the public's business than saying "sorry, we just don't have any real idea of what the death toll is" and having some inpatient Americans actually (heaven forbid) wait for the facts, which so far are that the death toll is going to be less than 10% of the original estimate.

I guess all these people who got all up in arms about THE DEATHS OF TEN THOUSAND PEOPLE!!!!!! will dedicate as much time and effort to apologizing to those they made their accusations, recriminations, and allegations about as they did in making them... but I doubt it.

Pete

Repete
Qpid said:
Bruzilla please STFU. Your impelled to reply to my threads to make yourself "seem" smart enough to try and debate when I really don't care what the fawk you think. :lol:

Either state your opinion and shut up or use the ignore feature and roll the fawk on to more interesting threads.....

which by the way U DO NOT CREATE. :shutup:
PRetty bossy for a hand wringing humanitarian. Could you be a liberal elitest? I think so. :lol: