Fema Director Being Removed!!!

Qpid

Pete said:
PRetty bossy for a hand wringing humanitarian. Could you be a liberal elitest? I think so. :lol:

i'd be your best buddy if i agreed with everything you said instead of thinking on my own. :dance:

D

dems4me

Steve said:
The death toll is not being discussed because it isn't as tragic as people initially predicted. "Tens of thousands dead!" is certianly more of an attention getter than "Tens dead!" If there truly were the thousands dead as initially predicted, their bodies would be easy to locate at this point. All you'd have to do is follow your nose. With the large groups of workers now pouring through all areas, its pretty obvious that no more are going to be found except for the occasional corpse palying "hide-and-go-rot".

What about all the accounts of "tons of bodies" floating around in the streets... if it is only abaout 10 or 15 - WTF??? Are they just floating around aimlessly to keep gettnig counted over and over?
If the death toll is only about 60 (for all of LA) -- then I say the Mayor of N.O. did one heck of a job! :clap:

Pete

Repete
Qpid said:
i'd be your best buddy if i agreed with everything you said instead of thinking on my own. :dance:
No but I would respect what you said if you could string along one coherent thought that was logical and reasonable and not always centered on your hatred and loathing of Bush and his administration.

No one and I repeat NO ONE could possibly be as evil and inept as you make it sound. I don't mind debate, opposing views, or Democrats if they are smart and can base their arguments on solid thought. The only thoughts you have had recently is "I hate Bush, I hate Republicans, I wanna stir shiat at SOMD, I think black people are inferior and need extra help because they are incapable of being anything other than poor criminals."

BuddyLee

Football addict
dems4me said:
What about all the accounts of "tons of bodies" floating around in the streets... if it is only abaout 10 or 15 - WTF??? Are they just floating around aimlessly to keep gettnig counted over and over?
If the death toll is only about 60 (for all of LA) -- then I say the Mayor of N.O. did one heck of a job! :clap:
What about speculation and assumption? There's going to be a good piece this Sunday night on the IFC channel called 'Weapons of Mass Deception' about how the media doesn't tell the truth.

Pete

Repete
Qpid said:
And another thing you dingbat. You have not shown 1 solitary example of "thinking on your own" since you showed up here. It is always parroting media reports and the hard line of the DNC.

You are kidding oyurself if you think you are having "independent thoughts" you are very much inder the control of an evil organization. One much worse than the Bush administration BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Qpid

Pete said:
No but I would respect what you said if you could string along one coherent thought that was logical and reasonable and not always centered on your hatred and loathing of Bush and his administration.

No one and I repeat NO ONE could possibly be as evil and inept as you make it sound. I don't mind debate, opposing views, or Democrats if they are smart and can base their arguments on solid thought. The only thoughts you have had recently is "I hate Bush, I hate Republicans, I wanna stir shiat at SOMD, I think black people are inferior and need extra help because they are incapable of being anything other than poor criminals."

u got everything right instead of whats in bold. :lmao:

u and your mob made those comments....remember?

Pete

Repete
BuddyLee said:
What about speculation and assumption? There's going to be a good piece this Sunday night on the IFC channel called 'Weapons of Mass Deception' about how the media doesn't tell the truth.
The media NEVER tells the truth. They either slant it or they screw it up. that goes for Fox and all the rest.

D

dems4me

Pete said:
The media NEVER tells the truth. They either slant it or they screw it up. that goes for Fox and all the rest.

Awww... you threw in Fox... just for that I'll throw in NPR and CNN into the slant pot. :love:

Toxick

Splat
Qpid said:
it takes the death of thousands for them to realize this man was not capable of holding this type of job.

He's a government bureaucrat - just like the rest of them.

And these are the people that the left wants to put in charge of All of American Health Care.

Yeah - sounds like a plan.

bedazzle

dems4me said:
Where did you get those figures?

From the CDC Director's Emergency Operation Center P.M. Dispatch, September 8, 2005

Today's Top Messages

Public Health in Context: Public health must focus on physical and mental health issues among all persons affected during a disaster. A serious concern, however, is that in discussing public health it does not lead to overgeneralizations and the ultimate stigmatization of people. One important communication task is to recognize the resilience of individuals and communities and to avoid mindsets and labels that could rob people of their dignity and uniqueness.

CDC, including its 202 deployed staff, continues to manage the public health response for persons affected by Hurricane Katrina. Urgent concerns include rapid public health assessments and surveillance, injury and illness prevention, and mental well-being support. They are working with state and local health officials and other federal agencies to identify and respond to public health and medical needs.

Preliminary reports indicate that people in states affected by Hurricane Katrina have died or been poisoned by carbon monoxide. An urgent health recommendation that should be broadly distributed is to never use generators, grills, camp stoves, or other gasoline, propane, natural gas, or charcoal-burning devices inside the home, basement, garage, or camper-or even outside near an open window. (see below for web site)

Top Line-Public Health:

Carbon monoxide deaths and poisoning among Hurricane Katrina affected states are being reported and people should be urgently cautioned about this hazard.

The potential for post-storm and flooding injuries is a concern. CDC offers guidance on protective clothing and equipment for people returning to storm or flood areas.

Rapid health assessments for public health delivery, infectious and environmental health concerns, and mental well-being are ongoing.

National Public Health Emergency Situation Update:

* Persons in Evacuation Centers: 504 open, 143,712 people in 14
states (numbers fluctuate daily)
* Damage Assessments: 825,903 without power (858,758 9/7)
* Official Death Numbers: AL 2; FL 14; LA 59; MS 154 Total: 229

It goes on and on . . . .

C

canuk woman

Qpid said:
it takes the death of thousands for them to realize this man was not capable of holding this type of job. :burning:

WASHINGTON (AP) - Federal Emergency Management Agency Director Michael Brown is being removed from his role managing Hurricane Katrina relief efforts, The Associated Press has learned.

Two federal officials who wouldn't be identified say Brown is being sent back to Washington from Baton Rouge. He was the primary official overseeing the federal government's response to the disaster.

Brown will be replaced by Coast Guard Vice Adm. Thad w. Allen, who was overseeing New Orleans relief and rescue efforts.

Brown has been under fire because of the administration's slow response to the magnitude of the hurricane. On Thursday, questions were raised about whether he padded his resume to highlight his previous emergency management background.

you know what you are so right michael brown shouldn't have been with FEMA in the first place and yet thousands of people are dying and no one is helping them

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
canuk woman said:
you know what you are so right michael brown shouldn't have been with FEMA in the first place and yet thousands of people are dying and no one is helping them
:killingme
It's Qpidity at its best! Your only hope is that you are young; may you mature a great deal as you age, for surely you need to.

Mikeinsmd

canuk woman said:
Oh for crying out loud get a clue!! :duh:

Bogart

Qpid said:
it takes the death of thousands for them to realize this man was not capable of holding this type of job. :burning:

WASHINGTON (AP) - Federal Emergency Management Agency Director Michael Brown is being removed from his role managing Hurricane Katrina relief efforts, The Associated Press has learned.

Two federal officials who wouldn't be identified say Brown is being sent back to Washington from Baton Rouge. He was the primary official overseeing the federal government's response to the disaster.

Brown will be replaced by Coast Guard Vice Adm. Thad w. Allen, who was overseeing New Orleans relief and rescue efforts.

Brown has been under fire because of the administration's slow response to the magnitude of the hurricane. On Thursday, questions were raised about whether he padded his resume to highlight his previous emergency management background.
Didn't they just announce that only like eight people or something died?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
dems4me said:
"Tons of Bodies"=RATINGS!
" are they just floating aimlessly around to keep getting counted" This is by far the funniest thing I have read regarding Katrina...think about it.

I really hope you are joking about Nagin doing a good job. I think he could do a good job on a float at Mardi Gras, he does play the indignant, attention seeker very well.