Fibroids

Manolo

I just went in for sonogram due to pain and constant feeling of having to pee and I'm constipated a lot. After the sonogram the tech that did it said I have to go talk to the doctor. I'll be back. She was gone for 20 minutes. Any other sonogram I had they did it and said.. ok see ya. She came back and said that shes not supposed to tell me anything but they found uterine fibroids. LOTS OF THEM 4 huge ones. She showed me the sonogram and one of them was 4 times bigger than my ovary. I'm not sitting here waiting for my doctor to call and I'm a little nervous. The tech said that its very rare for someone my age (30) to have fibroids like this. She said they are going to order an MRI which I have never had. Anyone else go through this? Should I be scared?

ftcret

Change doctors at once - if the tech cant follow the rules what else is she doing anyway she pleases? There are rules for a reason, as much as I tend to beleive doctors are quacks, the scrub wearing "techs" are wannabes (wearing scrubs are cool!) Probably not a viable diagnosis form miss Devry...

Manolo

Change doctors at once - if the tech cant follow the rules what else is she doing anyway she pleases? There are rules for a reason, as much as I tend to beleive doctors are quacks, the scrub wearing "techs" are wannabes (wearing scrubs are cool!) Probably not a viable diagnosis form miss Devry...

OK i didnt go to my doctor. I went to a screening place that does these and I'm glad she talked to a doc ( not mine) a doc that was there and told me. I was freaking out.

also this does not help me with my questions at all

ftcret

OK i didnt go to my doctor. I went to a screening place that does these and I'm glad she talked to a doc ( not mine) a doc that was there and told me. I was freaking out.

also this does not help me with my questions at all

Oh sorry, You should be terrified and ask for advice from complete strangers who are killing time by offering medical, legal, economic and lifestyle advice to those of you who need or request it.
Better?

Manolo

Oh sorry, You should be terrified and ask for advice from complete strangers who are killing time by offering medical, legal, economic and lifestyle advice to those of you who need or request it.
Better?

but I should listen to you? :lol:

moving on

PrepH4U

Better?

Well most of us have internet medical & legal degrees so we stand by to help where needed. :imjustsayin:

Roman

I just went in for sonogram due to pain and constant feeling of having to pee and I'm constipated a lot. After the sonogram the tech that did it said I have to go talk to the doctor. I'll be back. She was gone for 20 minutes. Any other sonogram I had they did it and said.. ok see ya. She came back and said that shes not supposed to tell me anything but they found uterine fibroids. LOTS OF THEM 4 huge ones. She showed me the sonogram and one of them was 4 times bigger than my ovary. I'm not sitting here waiting for my doctor to call and I'm a little nervous. The tech said that its very rare for someone my age (30) to have fibroids like this. She said they are going to order an MRI which I have never had. Anyone else go through this? Should I be scared?

I went through the very same thing. Take a deep breath, and relax. Then make an appointment with your Doctor, and make sure you pick up the Sonogram Report, and any pictures they have. Uterine Fibroids are NOT uncommon, no matter how old/young the Patient is. I am sure that you are fine.

Manolo

I went through the very same thing. Take a deep breath, and relax. Then make an appointment with your Doctor, and make sure you pick up the Sonogram Report, and any pictures they have. Uterine Fibroids are NOT uncommon, no matter how old/young the Patient is. I am sure that you are fine.

Even if I have 4 that are the size of baseballs and and bunch of other ones of various sizes? I just talked to a friend that had one the size of a grapefruit and they did a hysterectomy on her a few years ago :(

animalluvr4life

animal luvr
Even if I have 4 that are the size of baseballs and and bunch of other ones of various sizes? I just talked to a friend that had one the size of a grapefruit and they did a hysterectomy on her a few years ago :(

why don't you make an apt with your gyn and see what they say to do about it. She might say wait it out she might say lets take the fibroids who knows. I wouldn't continue to freak out about it til you see your gyn and discuss this with them. They could say take it they could say your over reacting and they could not be that size. they can read the sono and tell what size they are and if they need to come out asap or just leave them alone for a while and see what happens.

Manolo

why don't you make an apt with your gyn and see what they say to do about it. She might say wait it out she might say lets take the fibroids who knows. I wouldn't continue to freak out about it til you see your gyn and discuss this with them. They could say take it they could say your over reacting and they could not be that size. they can read the sono and tell what size they are and if they need to come out asap or just leave them alone for a while and see what happens.

Thats what I'm hoping for but can you believe the sonogram place still MAILS the results to my doctor? All the technology and no email? :lol: I have to wait 7 days

I have heard so many stories at this point from just leaving them alone and not worrying about them to a hysterectomy. I guess I just wanted to know other peoples stories with these.

Manolo

Did they take yours out?

Roman

Did they take yours out?

No..they didn't take mine out. I had some sizeable one's too. I was put on Hormones for about 3 months, and I never had a problem since. I had many different types of Fibroids also. A lot of times, during the menstral cycle, they would disappear on their own. It's usually nothing to worry about, but..you should make an appointment with your GYN., then go to the Imaging place, and sign your records out. If there was anything that alerted the Radiologist, he would have called your Doctor right away, then he/she would have called you right away. A lot of times with situations like this..."No News is GOOD News", but stay on top of it for your own piece of mind.

Manolo

No..they didn't take mine out. I had some sizeable one's too. I was put on Hormones for about 3 months, and I never had a problem since. I had many different types of Fibroids also. A lot of times, during the menstral cycle, they would disappear on their own. It's usually nothing to worry about, but..you should make an appointment with your GYN., then go to the Imaging place, and sign your records out. If there was anything that alerted the Radiologist, he would have called your Doctor right away, then he/she would have called you right away. A lot of times with situations like this..."No News is GOOD News", but stay on top of it for your own piece of mind.

I called my doc and they said that the sono place is mailing the results and I will hear from them when they come in. I guess its now the wait thats bothering me so much. I'm going to try and listen to you... no news=good news. It could be nothing

Roman

I called my doc and they said that the sono place is mailing the results and I will hear from them when they come in. I guess its now the wait thats bothering me so much. I'm going to try and listen to you... no news=good news. It could be nothing

Just like I said.."If the Radiologist saw anything that indicated a serious issue, he would have called your Doctor right away". I know all too well about the waiting Game, and it seems cruel doesn't it? Good luck, I am sure that you'll be fine.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
:yay:
now I dont know a daymn thing about humans.. but I would trust Roman... and DONT listen to the other quack! :buddies:

:huggy:

Just like I said.."If the Radiologist saw anything that indicated a serious issue, he would have called your Doctor right away". I know all too well about the waiting Game, and it seems cruel doesn't it? Good luck, I am sure that you'll be fine.

:huggy: :love:

SoMDGirl42

I had fibroids. Huge ones. You sure you want to know?

You're probably better off hearing this from your doctor.

Roman

Your Post

I had fibroids. Huge ones. You sure you want to know?

You're probably better off hearing this from your doctor.

Now why in the h3ll would you write something like that, and leave her hanging? You would have been better off NOT posting an open ended post like that. Fibroids are fibroids, nothing more. If it were a HUGE bad thing..she would be in her Doc's office quicker that it took her you read your SCAREY post.UGH!!!

SoMDGirl42

Now why in the h3ll would you write something like that, and leave her hanging? You would have been better off NOT posting an open ended post like that. Fibroids are fibroids, nothing more. If it were a HUGE bad thing..she would be in her Doc's office quicker that it took her you read your SCAREY post.UGH!!!

Dummy. It wasn't a scary post. Guess I forgot the :sarcasm:

I was trying to prove a point that they aren't rare, LOTS of people have them, and she should receive her information from her doctor and not some strangers from the internet. Every fibroid is different, and I'm sure different doctors have different treament plans for the INDIVIDUAL patient.

Just because I had fibroids, doesn't mean hers are like mine, doesn't mean her doctor will treat her the exact way mine treated me. :buddies:

Got it, good.

Roman

Sarcasm vs STUPIDITY!!

Dummy. It wasn't a scary post. Guess I forgot the :sarcasm:

I was trying to prove a point that they aren't rare, LOTS of people have them, and she should receive her information from her doctor and not some strangers from the internet. Every fibroid is different, and I'm sure different doctors have different treament plans for the INDIVIDUAL patient.

Just because I had fibroids, doesn't mean hers are like mine, doesn't mean her doctor will treat her the exact way mine treated me. :buddies:

Got it, good.
You have NO Idea if I am a Physician, or not! So the real DUMMY here is YOU! You have nothing better to do than to post the stupidest, and scariest things on here! You are right..everybody, and every Fibroid is different, but that open-ended Post was not only MEAN..but it was uncalled for. Empty your PM Box..it's full.