Fibroids

Manolo

You have NO Idea if I am a Physician, or not! So the real DUMMY here is YOU! You have nothing better to do than to post the stupidest, and scariest things on here! You are right..everybody, and every Fibroid is different, but that open-ended Post was not only MEAN..but it was uncalled for. Empty your PM Box..it's full.

I do want to hear stories. I would like to hear about big ones little ones all of the different surgeries and what ever experience people have with them. I know every one is different I'm just curious and today is now day 4 and I still have not heard from my doctor so in my head i have it all worked up and I'm grumpy :(

Thank you for your support

SoMDGirl42

You have NO Idea if I am a Physician, or not! So the real DUMMY here is YOU! You have nothing better to do than to post the stupidest, and scariest things on here! You are right..everybody, and every Fibroid is different, but that open-ended Post was not only MEAN..but it was uncalled for. Empty your PM Box..it's full.

And you have no idea if I am a physican or not! :popcorn: I will tell you I have 20+ years in the medical field. Can you beat that?

Manolo

since you both could be doctors.. how annoying would I be if I called today to see if my results were in? I mean I'm sure she would call if they were in but I dont wanna wait anymore

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
since you both could be doctors.. how annoying would I be if I called today to see if my results were in? I mean I'm sure she would call if they were in but I dont wanna wait anymore

:shrug:

If I was that worried.. I say call! :huggy: (just dont tell them .. your "online" dr's are :boxing: :duel:)

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Don't worry about being annoying - if you're concerned you should call. I always follow up on my Pap Smears even though my doc has a "no news is good news" policy. You never know what can be forgotten or might slip through the cracks. Doctors and their staff are human, so it doesn't hurt to stay on top of things and follow up on all tests. Good luck!

SoMDGirl42

Did you call and get any answers? Might I suggest you call today (if you didn't speak with the doctor yesterday) and make a follow up appointment for next week. Sometimes if you are sitting right in front of them, they will make a phone call to get results if snail mail hasn't delievered them to the office. That way, you will have the doctor right in front of you to answer any questions you have and discuss all your options.

Manolo

Did you call and get any answers? Might I suggest you call today (if you didn't speak with the doctor yesterday) and make a follow up appointment for next week. Sometimes if you are sitting right in front of them, they will make a phone call to get results if snail mail hasn't delievered them to the office. That way, you will have the doctor right in front of you to answer any questions you have and discuss all your options.

They were closed yesterday LOL OF COURSE

I'm going to call now. Its been since Monday

Electionbug

Visit your doctor and they will give you the best advice. I have had fibroids myself, and they are difficult to deal with. Hang in there!

Manolo

So I just had my 2nd sonogram and I'm waiting for those results too. My OB said I might have to get a Myomectomy. Anyone ever had one?

Roman

So I just had my 2nd sonogram and I'm waiting for those results too. My OB said I might have to get a Myomectomy. Anyone ever had one?
I've never had a Myomectomy, but I know what they are. Are your Cycles, or the pain hard on you? You can expect to be out of work for about a month, that is if you don't have to lift anything more than 4 pounds at work. There are a couple of different kinds of Myomectomies. The less invasive one is called Hysteroscopic Myomectomy, where they go in through the Cervix, verses the belly button (Laproscopic Myomectomy). So there will be a few questions you want to ask your Doctor before moving forword. Write them down so that you don't forget. :poorbaby:

Sweet 16

^^8^^
A friend of mine had fibroids and had a hysterectomy a few weeks ago and was out and about after only a few days. It depends on the extent of the fibroids and surgery and everyone's recovery period is different. Don't panic until you hear what your doctor has to say. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones! :huggy:

Manolo

I know its been a long time since I posted this but I hope some of you are still around. I just had a laproscopic myomectomy with a mini laparotomy. HOLY CRAP it hurts lol. Its been a few weeks. My fibroids were HUGE. They weighed almost 2 lbs and my minilap incision is almost 3 inches long. I'm finally feeling better.. different but better.

Anyone else have this surgery? I had mine done by a robot. Technology is crazy

PJay

I know its been a long time since I posted this but I hope some of you are still around. I just had a laproscopic myomectomy with a mini laparotomy. HOLY CRAP it hurts lol. Its been a few weeks. My fibroids were HUGE. They weighed almost 2 lbs and my minilap incision is almost 3 inches long. I'm finally feeling better.. different but better.

Anyone else have this surgery? I had mine done by a robot. Technology is crazy

:twitch:

Independence

I just caught this thread. I've been dealing with fibroids for a couple of years. Been in a wait and see. Thanks for the update. Hope you feel better soon.