FIOS is in Waldorf!!!

LMCoffren

you do realize that Verizon is for all purposes considered a public utility right? and because of this, they have to perform at a level that is a bit different than comcast. And, if they have the ability to serve your home, they really cant deny you any more than the electric company could.

you might want to check into that. If they are honestly saying they cant run to your house, they may be in violation. I am pretty sure however that they could charge you reasonable fees to run that line to start with.

Actually, I hadn't thought of that, thanks for bringing it up. This has been going on between Verizon and myself for years - "Yes we provide high speed to your location," then "No, we don't provide high speed to your location." We switched completely to Comcast, even for the phone. Verizon started sending letters saying they wanted us back, and I wrote to explain why I left to begin with, and the same song and dance started over again.

But I'll check into what you're saying, I understand they will probably charge to bring a line down the driveway, but they should say that, instead of promising and reneging so many times.

Thanks for the idea!
-Lynn

0ne2go

The FIOS rep just came a-knockin' on my door (in White Plains), and I went ahead and jumped in whole hog. We got the HD Extreme TV service with multi-room DVR (serving 2 HD and 2 SD sets), 20/5 Mbps internet with wireless G, and Verizon Freedom Essentials phone. Price is $152/mo minus $30/mo for 6 months. I'm pretty jacked; install should be in about 2 weeks. I hope it is worth it. :yahoo:
Hi there I am living on the other side of 301 in the Heritage 55+ community right of St Charles Pkwy. Zip 20695 any idea where FIOS is in White Plains and if it is in White Plains on the other side of 301?

Thanks
02G

E

EmptyTimCup

Hmmm

Global Rank 97% Local 97% I'd say Comcast was ok

I don't know what your issue is basement dweller

Last edited by a moderator:
E

EmptyTimCup

... FIOS is presumably available, they keep sending us forms to sign up for it, but they refuse to install a line from the street down our driveway. It's not a super-long driveway either. -Lynn

is that back in Piscataway National Park ?

SoMdDude

When the heck is FIOS going to get turned on???

I've noticed little trailers being towed by verizon trucks with wires coming out of them hooked up to what looked to be the fiber trunks at some telephone poles in and around my neighborhood. Its been about 3 months since the fiber lines on my street were installed. I am getting very impatient!

I'm off of bensville road(229) and 228 in waldorf, any of you verizon guys have any inside info when it will get turned on??

Last edited:

SoMdDude

*Cough Cough*

When the heck is FIOS going to get turned on???

I've noticed little trailers being towed by verizon trucks with wires coming out of them hooked up to what looked to be the fiber trunks at some telephone poles in and around my neighborhood. Its been about 3 months since the fiber lines on my street were installed. I am getting very impatient!

I'm off of bensville road(229) and 228 in waldorf, any of you verizon guys have any inside info when it will get turned on??

harddrive747

*Cough Cough*

I live in Carrington Neighborhood, near Arthur Middleton Elementary School and I had FIOS installed on 14 July 2009. I ordered the 15/5 package with Essential TV and Phone service for $122 a month.

The guy took about 3 hours to install and everything is running great. I got a cable to pull, but it's only because the connections aren't that great, but that isn't a problem. It flies and everything is good to go. :yahoo:

The next step is to call Comcrap and tell them to terminate cable service at the end of the month.

So be patient, it's coming. I waited for about 4 1/2 months from the time the laid the fiber on my street.

farrellmm

Fios for Pinefield?

I have read all the post in here, concerning fios and the quality of service for "Comcrapstic"...I have to agree I am sick and tired of paying for sub-standard service and the limitations of service I receive for $125/mo.
I too am anxiously awaiting the day to return all the equipment to them down on Post Office Dr! So, if anyone can tell me...any ideas on when fios will reach the Pinefield area (Temi Dr)? I received a postcard in the mail earlier this week, opened it with anticipation, but no date...what a tease! That wasn't nice Verizon. :-(

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
The orange fiber optic conduits are being installed in White Oak this week (right across from Pinefield) but it doesn't mean that Pinefield is next. Why ask people on here? Call Verizon and ask them.

FYI: It could be many many months from the time you see the digging start until the time when the FiOS is up and running so NEVER get your hopes up. The work is done in phases. First the utilities in the streets and yards are marked, then the digging contractors dig the holes, run the orange conduit and the fiber optic cable(s), then the Verizon folks have to connect up the fiber and install the hardware and software in the appropriate places (inside and outside). Then, the system is programmed, wired and tested. Finally, there has to be a fiber optic cable run from the new cable to your house and the appropriate box installed and tested there. I don't think they're going to place any electronic boxes on any homes until service is ordered by a customer. Verizon should be able to tell you about when their system will be up and running.

harddrive747

FIOS is in Waldorf

I agree with what has been said. I noticed on the construction schedule for FIOS that they are heading down Country LN and have been working on Nicholas Rd and Harwich Dr, which is right near you.

Here is the link to see the construction schedule
Verizon | Construction Information

Also once they get your street done, expect it to be about another 3 to 6 months before service is turned on. It may be earlier, but I doubt it. It took me about 5 months before I was able to get it. You can also go to Verizon and put your telephone number or street address in to see if you can get it.

That was the way that I found out that I was able to get it. Even though I was on the mailing list, I still never received anything. Also after it does get going there will be a FIOS guy coming around to see if you want to change.

So be patient, it is coming.

mike2u

Fios

Greetings one and all, Im in the Carrington Neighborhood and have been connected to FIOS for 30 days now and am very happy with it! Was reluctant to make the switch but glad of it now.. :dye:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I have read all the post in here, concerning fios and the quality of service for "Comcrapstic"...I have to agree I am sick and tired of paying for sub-standard service and the limitations of service I receive for $125/mo.
I too am anxiously awaiting the day to return all the equipment to them down on Post Office Dr! So, if anyone can tell me...any ideas on when fios will reach the Pinefield area (Temi Dr)? I received a postcard in the mail earlier this week, opened it with anticipation, but no date...what a tease! That wasn't nice Verizon. :-(
I spoke to the contractors today and they said Pinefield is next on their list after White Oak is completed...