Firearms: What Have You Owned/Used/Fired?

edinsomd

You know, a .22LR is one firearm/rifle, I never did have much experience with. I believe there was one, that I saw in the Calif. Wal*Mart display case, years back, it might have been the Browning you are speaking of. Sleek looking, is the best adjective I can recall. Expensive as hell, if I remember, but that Browning name would have something to do with that. That might be a player, in the near future, however. Something to "plink" at targets with?

edinsomd - is that what you've got?

Modified Ruger 10/22. You should be able to pick one up for around $200, but be careful. There's more aftermarket goodies for it than Harley!

Ruger 10/22 rifle, clip magazine, stock, barrel, part, gun accessory store. Online shopping for the 10 22 Ruger!

Pushrod

Patriot
Alright, maybe I should clarify.

I can check BB and paint ball gun off the list.

Next!:lol:

go up to Maryland Small Arms Range off of Rt. 4 in Upper Marlboro. They have an indoor range where you can shoot any number of handguns that they have for rent. That will give you a feel for what fits your hand best and is comfortable and managable for you to shoot. Unfortunately, no rifle shooting there.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'd be here 1/2 the day. Good lord, I don't know if I can remember them all...

Full auto MP5 might have been the most fun.

We had a sister Armor unit in Germany. They shot our weapons to earn our marksmanship badge, and we shot theirs.

Got to put some rounds down range with the G3, MP2(?) and the MG3..

Wasn't very fond of the MP2, for a 9mm it was hard to control.. our M3 Grease Guns were more stable.

MP2 is an Uzi, very short and compact, fits the description "Machine Pistol" very well. The MP5 is H&K and much longer, which would suggest a much more stable, and easier to handle weapon.

MP2 you pulled the trigger you had no idea where the barrel was going to end up pointing.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
My favorite gun is my Barrett 50 BMG. The list of guns I own is way to long to list on here.

Ponytail

What would be an excellent first weapon to own for a noob shooter?

22's can be shot all day long for pennies. The Ruger 10/22 is a VERY common nice shooter. But, if you'd rather a handgun type, I HIGHLY recommend The Ruger Charger. It's uses the same action as the tried and true 10/22 action, comes with nice wood laminate stock in several different colors, bi-pod and even the case is decent.

THAT pistol provides more fun than any other gun I have. Mine is red, white and blue. I put a Bushnell holographic site on it, and can shoot bottle caps at 50 yards all day long.

I bought the 12 year old a lever action Henry Rifle that is SWEET, but she prefers to shoot that Charger.

meddauna

22's can be shot all day long for pennies. The Ruger 10/22 is a VERY common nice shooter. But, if you'd rather a handgun type, I HIGHLY recommend The Ruger Charger. It's uses the same action as the tried and true 10/22 action, comes with nice wood laminate stock in several different colors, bi-pod and even the case is decent.

THAT pistol provides more fun than any other gun I have. Mine is red, white and blue. I put a Bushnell holographic site on it, and can shoot bottle caps at 50 yards all day long.

I bought the 12 year old a lever action Henry Rifle that is SWEET, but she prefers to shoot that Charger.

really? i've never had anything but problems with my ruger 10/22. from the day i got it as a gift when i turned 15 through today, no matter how much i make sure it's clean and lubricated, after firing about 50 rnds through it, the action doesn't fully cycle so i get the spent brass lodged in the action as it's closing and bringing in another rnd.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
really? i've never had anything but problems with my ruger 10/22. from the day i got it as a gift when i turned 15 through today, no matter how much i make sure it's clean and lubricated, after firing about 50 rnds through it, the action doesn't fully cycle so i get the spent brass lodged in the action as it's closing and bringing in another rnd.

You might want to go online to the Ruger website, and see if they have a way of absolving that issue. Seems like it could be excessive spent powder buildup?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
You might want to go online to the Ruger website, and see if they have a way of absolving that issue. Seems like it could be excessive spent powder buildup?

I'm sure Ruger will forgive that rifle for all it's past indiscretions..

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm

Yep, you'll be one of those guys on their last days, calling out to God "Don't Let Me Die!!"

I already said a prayer on your behalf. YW.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Yep, you'll be one of those guys on their last days, calling out to God "Don't Let Me Die!!"

How does this have ANYTHING to do with you being ignorant??

Praying for me is not going to make you smarter. :dye:

PrepH4U

So guns really are evil! Penn I hope you also prayed for the sinning Ruger! :killingme

E

EmptyTimCup

Most belonged to others ... and ones I owned went down in the Chesapeake Bay when my VW Bug sank ... I swear the bottom must be paved with Weapons ... :whistle:

Winchester .30-30

.22 Revolver
.38 S&W
1911 A1
S&W M29
Polish Random 9mm
Luger
Marlin Leaver Action in .45-70
Spanish 1893/1916 7 mm (1st owned @ 16)

M16 / M203
M1911 A1
M16 A2
M60
M2 .50 Cal
Tow Missile Launcher

Mosin Nagent

Finish M39
Chinese Type 53
SKS and SKS D Model
NMH 91 (RPK Clone)
Mossberg 500
8mm Nambu (grandpa brought this back from the Philippines)

S&W .357
Beretta 92F
Ruger Redhawk .44 Mag
AR-15
Marlin .30 30

Sig P220
Ruger M 77 ? .30-06

itsbob

I bowl overhand
So guns really are evil! Penn I hope you also prayed for the sinning Ruger! :killingme

I wasn't online for a few days, I think he missed me!!:howdy:

I thought what I posted was funny more than mean.. Seriously if BG had posted that I would have had the same retort, it was an easy pun.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Most belonged to others ... and ones I owned went down in the Chesapeake Bay when my VW Bug sank ... I swear the bottom must be paved with Weapons ... :whistle:

Winchester .30-30

.22 Revolver
.38 S&W
1911 A1
S&W M29
Polish Random 9mm
Luger
Marlin Leaver Action in .45-70
Spanish 1893/1916 7 mm (1st owned @ 16)

M16 / M203
M1911 A1
M16 A2
M60
M2 .50 Cal
Tow Missile Launcher

Mosin Nagent

Finish M39
Chinese Type 53
SKS and SKS D Model
NMH 91 (RPK Clone)
Mossberg 500
8mm Nambu (grandpa brought this back from the Philippines)

S&W .357
Beretta 92F
Ruger Redhawk .44 Mag
AR-15
Marlin .30 30

Sig P220
Ruger M 77 ? .30-06

SHOOT.. i didn't know we could count COD weapons!! :killingme

Get it.. SHOOT!! :evil:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm

"Forgive... indiscretions". That does not sound like a religeous quote to you?:killingme

Well yeah, bob might have used a poor choice of words, especially coming from his lips. :lmao: